Gatorland Thuggee Dummy Whereabouts

Dokta_Joenz

I wasn't sure if this was the right section to post this but I've been searching for information on this subject forever with no luck.

Anyway, I vividly remember going to Gatorland for my little brother's birthday sometime around '97 and while I was there I remember seeing a display case of some sort, encased inside it was the remains of a Thuggee dummy used in the footage from TOD where the gators were ripping them apart after having fallen from the rope bridge. I remember this vividly because I found this to be the most exciting part of my trip as TOD was my favorite film at the time (I was about 8 or 9 and hadn't seen the other 2 films yet) and I had never seen anything like that before.

However, the last couple of times I've been there over the years it was nowhere to be found, I looked everywhere one time I was there and even wondered if I had somehow just imagined it. I also shot Gatorland and email inquiring about it and they never responded.

Does anyone else remember this or have any info of it's whereabouts or how long it was displayed in the park for? I've been dying to find more info.

Exulted Unicron

The last time I saw the Gatorland ToD exhibition was October 2008, when I last went there on family holiday. I haven't been since, so I don't know what happened to them. Perhaps they're in storage somewhere, undergoing restoration or they didn't want them up.

Dokta_Joenz

Exhibition? They? You mean there was more than one thing on display? Cool!

The only memory I have is seeing a single Thugee dummy encased inside a display box, I don't even remember if it was Mola Ram or just a random Thugee guard.

...and as late as 2008? WOW! The last time I was there in 2009 I was of course hoping to find something but I just assumed it had been removed years ago, I had no idea they had anything on display that recently, let alone multiple items.

Exulted Unicron

Yeah, I saw it on the Train ride they had there. We paid extra and it went around the back of some of the enclosures, coming out where the gator wrestling pit is and the animal theatre. Before it ended and we got off, they had an area set out that was reminiscent of the final scenes. No Indy, but there were mannequins of several thuggee and a mola ram mannequin suspended on a rope bridge above the gators. The guide told us that all the shots of the gators were filmed at gatorland

Dokta_Joenz

Wow, That's cool! You didn't happen to take any pictures did you? I went on the train ride the last time I was there but I didn't see anything like that.

Did it look like something made up specifically for that display or were there actual screen used dummies? The one I remember seeing in the mid 90's as a kid was clearly a screen used one enclosed in a display case with a little blurb about the filming at Gatorland.

Exulted Unicron

it was a display made up for that area. I did take some pictures, but I can't find them on my harddrive. After we got off the train, I spoke to the guide and he showed me some pictures of them filming there. They've probably got the real costume either backstage or it was probably on loan