My Attempt of Indy

Indyz Azn Gurl

Yeah, I spent 3 hours and still NOT finished drawing Indy.
I got this pic from the Emperor's Tomb Manual Guidebook.

But I'll finish it up later this afternoon. ^_^

indydrawing.jpg

Indyz Azn Gurl

Thanx Ren! :)

Well hopefully I can do all the pics where he beat the crap out of the Nazis.

Only one prob...those pix are so daymn small. @_@

Indyz Azn Gurl

The pix where he whoops the Nazis butts.
I'll most likely have to scan (to make it bigger) then print them out. o_0

And they seem harder the pic I just drew.
Becuz of all the EXTRA details.

But oh well, I'll try. ^_^

QueZTone

wow i love that style! really like the shading! the image is very 'soft' if you know what i mean, really like that!

we want more indeed :D

IndyMcFly

Hey! I drew that same picture! It's kinda hard to see the face, which I don't like anyway, it didn't come out very good, but here's mine... not as "soft" as yours, and on lined paper. I also spent about the same amount of time. :(

Indy_Drawing_2.jpg

Here's one that's not really Indiana Jones... but I spent a lot of time on it, and this one isn't on lined paper! This is what happens after you go through drawing bad faces for a long time... you start to draw like this!!! This one took me about a day and a half to do...

Jack.jpg

By the way... I don't mean to hijack your thread or anything, if that happens. Just thought I'd show you my version of that picture.

In Christ,
Shane

Last edited:

Indyz Azn Gurl

Yeah not done again.
Just giving you a sample.

indydrawpunch.jpg

Lord, I hope the Nazi (who's the one that's gonna get smacked) will turn out OK. Becuz he looks REALLY hard to draw. 0_0 :eek:

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
One more year and - if everything woks out fine - I'll be a qualified teacher; teaching people how to draw?. And here I am.. unable to stop myself from giving advise? sorry.. it's a curse.

Indyz Azn Gurl:

I saw the pictures you used as an example. It looks good. Keep at it. :)

IndyMcFly:

I really like what you've done with the drawing of Sparrow. It's hard to draw from a photo, but I can see you're handling it quite well. Word of advise; next time, try to start drawing the head first. It's a shame if you make such a good drawing (and put a lot of time in it) and at the end he's missing his eyes. ;)

Indyz Azn Gurl

Completed!!! Although...
...I think the Nazi looks better than Indy...sadly. -_-;;

<a href="http://img3.imgspot.com/u/04/196/02/indydrawpunch2.jpg">Click Here</a>

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Indyz Azn Gurl said:
Ayrun, I'll need all the tips and critisim that I can get.

<small>lol.. you asked for it</small> ;)

Anatomy is difficult, but very important.
Just an observation, though? As you can see on the picture you used as example.. the feet of both the Nazi and Indy are at the same height. Looking at the drawing you made, you'll notice that's not the case; Indy's legs are a bit to short. But I know?it's hard drawing from such a small example.
But overall it looks cool and I think you did a good job. Please continue. :)

IndyMcFly said:
Advice taken!! Eyes are so hard though! Any advice for drawing eyes? Noses? Lips? lol

In Christ,
Shane

lol :D
I agree.. the face is the hardest. Especially if you want it to look like the one on the picture you're using as example.
The only advise I can give you is to look very good at the ones on the examples you're using, always make sure you have a very sharp picture you're going to draw from; you can't draw from a blurry picture?. and of course; a lot of practice. Good luck! :)

Indyz Azn Gurl

Ayrun said:
<small>lol.. you asked for it</small> ;)

Anatomy is difficult, but very important.
Just an observation, though? As you can see on the picture you used as example.. the feet of both the Nazi and Indy are at the same height. Looking at the drawing you made, you'll notice that's not the case; Indy's legs are a bit to short. But I know?it's hard drawing from such a small example.
But overall it looks cool and I think you did a good job. Please continue. :)

Yeah, I also noticed after that Indy is leaning in.
I got pretty mad...hahaha...then overall I just said...
"Aw screw it all."

QueZTone

hehehe one thing i noticed, the way Indy made his swing the face of the Nazi would turn the other way :p but that's just me being nitpicky! :D

Indyz Azn Gurl

QueZTone said:
hehehe one thing i noticed, the way Indy made his swing the face of the Nazi would turn the other way :p but that's just me being nitpicky! :D

Hey hey hey...the diagram was like that. :p
So hush!!!

Tennessee R

That last picture is my favorite, IndyAznGirl,
And great picture of Jack Sparrow, IndyMcFly, although, I cant see the p on Sparrow, in the upper right. Is it there?
Well, everyone keep posting pictures.