TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 02-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #1676
fenris
IndyFan

Yeah... I thought that too. On the unpainted head, the sideview kinda (it's a stretch, I know) looks like Harrison. But when I painted it... it got kinda crappy.

SCULPT:
This is my first time doing something like this as I'm very new to the 1/6 scale arena (or any real toy customizing). I can sculpt Harry Potter wands just fine, but a little tiny face is really hard. Maybe when I find the time again, I'll go back and try to refine the head.

PAINT:
I just tried to match the skin tone of the body and hands. They are kinda close in tone, but certain light sources bring out the differences. It's probably the finish of the paint. It has a more shiny finish because of the white paint I used which wasn't a matte finish.

As for the eyes... haha! That's my bad. I didn't have a small enough brush to get more into the the eyelids. I just used one small flat brush on the whole thing (lazy, I know...). The eyes were done with a toothpick. Also, I think the eyes were too white.

Right now I just bought the Sideshow headsculpt and slapped it on the figure. Hahaha!
fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #1677
Billy Ray
IndyFan

I used the SS hatless head on my Map Room Indy:

I think your sculpt looks pretty darned good! The paint could use some work though, not that I am any kind expert. There is a really great tutorial on painting 1/6 heads over at Rebelscum by Tony Deterlizzi:

http://www.rebelscum.com/tonyhow1.asp
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #1678
fenris
IndyFan

The paint needs A WHOLE LOT of work. Hehehe...
fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #1679
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Picked up the Blu Ray Deleted Scene Sandstorm Leia today and her goggles work pretty good for Vogel. They are mor like "glasses", having two bows instead of a strap that goess all the way around, so they kind of just clip onto his visor:

Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #1680
inky_skin
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray
Picked up the Blu Ray Deleted Scene Sandstorm Leia today and her goggles work pretty good for Vogel. They are mor like "glasses", having two bows instead of a strap that goess all the way around, so they kind of just clip onto his visor:

They are AN-6530's, favoured by US Navy fliers during WW2 (the Leia card shows them clearly). Incidentally, they are the same model worn by Captain America in the recent First Avenger movie - I just refurbed a pair for a prop replica helmet display...
inky_skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #1681
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Huh...you learn something new every day

I know they aren't 100% accurate to Vogel, but they are the best I have been able to find so far. I've gone through a few...Sandstorm Luke's, the ones that came with Golden Compass Daniel Craig figure, and most recently the ones from the Echo Base trooper. It's almost like I am obsessed with finding the perfect pair.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #1682
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Great job, Billy Ray! I just spied some detailed pics of the Leia figure online the other day and had the same thought. May have to grab this figure after all for Vogel (or ripping off Inky's captain america custom!)

I really dig the weird Lando goggles, too. Not for Vogel, but for any kind of Diesel-punky, Indy/Hellboy esque mad scientist or something.....

Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #1683
inky_skin
IndyFan

Funny you should mention their suitability for the Hellboy universe - Lobster Johnson custom anyone ?
Old 03-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #1684
Palaceslave_82
IndyFan

May I present.. Pankot Escape Willie version 2.0

Pankot escape Willie Scott

Compliments of our very own inky_skin. Note the dialed-down makeup, (Hasbro gave her bright pink lips), textured, re-sculpted, matted hair,(from racing through the tunnels at top speed, dodging Thuggees) chain belt,(not 100% movie accurate, but the most workable solution for this scale), and silver costume accents. Indy and Shorty were given great figures with many posing possibilities, but aside from looks, the Willie fig fell short in every department.Hasbro made a great base figure, inky made Indy's heroine come to life.

*now I just need some temple guards (including a couple of the shirtless ones with the head wrap Hasbro didn't give us) and a second mine cart to simulate pursuit *

Last edited by Palaceslave_82 : 03-19-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Palaceslave_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #1685
pete33
IndyFan

ive customized my cargo truck a bit and cut out the windshield so you can have the truck with or without the windshield to fly indy through lol. i feel that was a stupid thing not to have the windsield break and yet have the grid bar able to hold a figure.
pete33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #1686
pete33
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
Great job, Billy Ray! I just spied some detailed pics of the Leia figure online the other day and had the same thought. May have to grab this figure after all for Vogel (or ripping off Inky's captain america custom!)

I really dig the weird Lando goggles, too. Not for Vogel, but for any kind of Diesel-punky, Indy/Hellboy esque mad scientist or something.....

whats funny is, those goggles are what i have at the moment on vogel (i repainted them white) cuz i didnt get the chance to pick up the leia. i think these looks pretty good on vogel, but i really wish i had those leia goggles instead.
pete33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #1687
Kevin
IndyFan

This is not mine...

but it is pretty funny:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indiana-Jone...item460390d421

I seem to remember someone, maybe Inky, creating a 'melting Toht' custom, this would be the perfect companion piece!
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #1688
CAZAFANTASMA
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Some really cool scenery pieces there - especially the Temple, and the one between the Map Room and Dagobah.

To post pictures here you just need to copy the address of each picture and paste it in your post, making sure that it has the image tag [img] at the beginning, and [/img] at the end.

I'd like to see your Berlin Elsa in more detail.

Hey MOntana Smith, those dios are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you post your Temple of Doom Dio with the Kali god statue? looks amazing!
CAZAFANTASMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #1689
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAZAFANTASMA
Hey MOntana Smith, those dios are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you post your Temple of Doom Dio with the Kali god statue? looks amazing!

Unfortunately they're not mine, CAZ. I put the image up for reeseslover:

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost....postcount=1664
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #1690
inky_skin
IndyFan

Feels like an absolute bloody age since I posted anything in this thread, but here goes...

Mostly Sideshow parts on a Hot Toys muscled body. Nothing fancy, but a necessary addition to the line. The devil was in the detail on this one - had to reverse all the shirt buttons to get the unfastened position correct.

I do have a couple of new 3 3/4 inch customs on the go, but must confess that I've been devoting my time to Captain America and commissions this past year.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #1691
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky_skin

"Indy equips himself before venturing into the privy..."

Good job, inky.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #1692
inky_skin
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
"Indy equips himself before venturing into the privy..."

Good job, inky.

Ha ! FYI - it used to be a coal shed (we've had indoor plumbing in Devon for a while now - although there is a chap down the street who still has an Anderson shelter).
Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #1693
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Ha ! FYI - it used to be a coal shed (we've had indoor plumbing in Devon for a while now...

Wonders will never cease. Next I suppose Mickiana and Violet will be telling me that Australia isn't really like Mad Max.

Quote:
- although there is a chap down the street who still has an Anderson shelter).

Always good to have a back-up plan, in case of invasion by Cornish lager louts!

Good looking TOD custom, anyway. Still hoping Hot Toys will release one. That's if they can get over the bashing they got for their Raiders.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #1694
CAZAFANTASMA
IndyFan

I had these ones on a different threat, but I guess there is no biggy if I add it here....

"no time for love Dr Jones!"

Haha!
CAZAFANTASMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #1695
Brooke Logan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daley
Thank you very much indeed!!! Much appreciated!

Hmmm..I've never tried before to be 100% honest...but I'm guessing it's the same principle as to what I've posted above. I'm always willing to try something new

Willie's dress is awesome, Daley! I love that dress, prettiest costume in the Indy movies imo.
Brooke Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #1696
inky_skin
IndyFan

Not mine unfortunately, but one of a set of professional portraits by user Evergrey over at Rebelscum...

He wants a cool $9k for his sculpts. A little rich for me, but an undeniable talent.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081942/
Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #1697
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Not mine unfortunately, but one of a set of professional portraits by user Evergrey over at Rebelscum...

He wants a cool $9k for his sculpts. A little rich for me, but an undeniable talent.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081942/

He's a talented sculptor, but he's right that the terrible paintwork in his photos kills most of them.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #1698
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
$9k...The guy wants $9000 dollars? Holy Moses!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #1699
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo

36 sculpts @ $250 a noggin. Holy heart failure, Batman!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #1700
inky_skin
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo

For 36 separate head sculpts I believe. He's charging what a company like Hasbro would pay for his services which is fair enough - just not sure anyone on a fan forum would bite at that price. Where's tnswman when you need him ?

(And yes, I did make an offer on just the Indy items - but he won't split them off).