Indy Boots

roundshort

Hello,
I am by no means an Indy gear person, but . . . I do like Alden, and own a few pair, but the Indy boots, are somehting I am interested in. Does anyone here own them, and if so how is the break in period. I had a pair of Whites, which look similar, but almost killed me (never really did break them in). I drive byt he Alden shop in SF all the time, but would love to feed back. Thank you

I have a pair. I don't know how long it took to break them in, but I know I never had any problems with them, even did a hike in them once. I wore them every day for two months or so, I'd still wear them but I've moved and don't know where they got put at the moment. The only problem I've had is that I got mine fitted for me, the size below was too small by a bit. Now they are loose and I can move my feet around more then I would like, but it still doesn't cause any problems, just feels strange. I was told by the woman that fitted me they would not stretch much, but they did. I really should try and find them to start wearing them again.

harryjones

good but dear

i ordered a pair of these last week from the san francisco shop and i had them three days later in ireland.they seem to be a narrow fitting.i too got a pair one size smaller as recommended and would have to say that while they fit they are a little tight above the toe.when i put them on for the first time they seemed tight but i went for an hours walk and they loosened a bit.they are comfortable and seem not to need much breaking in.i am hoping with wear that they will loosen a little more.does anyone else have a problem with the fit and do they stretch any?for anyone thinking of buying all i would say is that these boots are very expensive--275 dollars plus 40 more for shipping to europe.they use u.p.s to deliver and the delivery time is excellent.also european buyers have to pay import tax which adds about another 70 dollars to the total so as i said they are not cheap.if you pass the shop daily i would recommend that you go in and get fitted properly before you buy.they definitely are a quality item beautifully handstitched and finished.one more thing,the leather is a tan colour.i hope this is of some help.

San Holo

Welcome to the Raven.Down here in Texas, we break in our boots by standing in water to get the leather soaked, then walking around until they dry. It gives you the perfect fit every time.

harryjones

thanks for the welcome roundshort and sans holo,i live in that den of iniquity that is dublin city,to get back to the boots, are you kidding me on about standing in water as i know that if you wear new shoes first time in the rain it really ruins them.i'd hate to spoil these after such expense so please let me know if this is a gag.i'm intrigued to know whether you decided to purchase a pair of aldens after all roundshort.