Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Dr Bones

lao che & sons said:
so, is this one going to be all CG. That's what I heard back in like '09, but I find it hard to believe.:confused:

What? Like a non playable vrsion of the last game they made?

Murray was always reluctanct to go back as he felt GB2 was too FX based and no real substance ruined by the studio. He has stated the script would have to be right.

I would be disappointed that after all his protestation and recent interviews if he went back to something that was foing to let the fans down again.

For Venkman to be a ghost it would have to be for a very good reason. (Other then just beaucse he's dead)

I cannot see how someone with such strong opinions about how badly GB2 turned out, would take a paycheck for a cameo or another second rate outing...he did voice the game and Garfield the movie though!:confused:

Indy's brother

New rumor today on this from dreadcentral.com:
"Much like Steven Spielberg did with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (where Mutt Williams is Indy and Marion's love-child), Ivan Reitman is looking to kick-start a new franchise with a ghost bustin' love-child of their own.

Early word from an insider is that the (hinted at) love affair between Dr. Peter Venkman (Bill Murray) and Dana Barrett (Sigourney Weaver) has a much bigger impact on the franchise than just an angry Vigo (Wilhelm von Homburg).

From what we're told, it will be revealed that Dana's son Oscar is in fact Peter's child as well. Furthermore, Oscar is now 21-ish and ready to take the reins of his father's ghostbusting business!

It's an important plot point as it gives a lot of weight to the actual story and takes it from being "just another sequel" to having a real purpose (so long as they don't pull an Indiana Jones IV)."

Can't have a GB3 rumor without the obligatory dig at KOTCS....:rolleyes:

Lance Quazar

Didn't anyone read the GQ interview with Bill Murray?

He said that since no one liked "Year One" - Harold Ramis' movie with a couple of "Office" writers who have been scripting "Ghost Busters 3" - that the project is dead.

Can't we let this one go already?

Indy's brother

I say knock out all three in one movie. In Bill and Ted 3, they go back in time to borrow an artifact from Indy 5 that has the power to bring Peter Venkman back to life in Ghostbusters 3. With that much star power there's no way it could suck. It'd probably sweep the oscars, too.....

GBBTIJ 3/5!!!!!!

HovitosKing

Indy's brother said:
I say knock out all three in one movie. In Bill and Ted 3, they go back in time to borrow an artifact from Indy 5 that has the power to bring Peter Venkman back to life in Ghostbusters 3. With that much star power there's no way it could suck. It'd probably sweep the oscars, too.....

GBBTIJ 3/5!!!!!!

Couldn't be any worse than Crystal Skull.

Forbidden Eye

Well, Dan Aykroyd still likes Kingdom of the Crystal Skull(as far as we know).

Frankly, I'm getting REALLY tired about hearing how terrible Kingdom was. It was not perfect, but it really doesn't deserve statue as a punch-line a couple websites are giving this. Frankly, I didn't think Die Hard 4 was as good as it(comparing anther "80s" revision), heck, I can name A LOT of worse movies, but I guess Indiana Jones(and Lucas) are just an easier target for people.

Iacovos

Ive been waiting years for this film since someone made a fan made trailer which had a really good plot. I hope the film uses the same kind of plot but does it in a more ghost bustery way (y) . Hope it gets worked on soon.

Indy's brother

Sorry Quazar, as long as this stuff keeps getting put out there, I'll keep relaying the message. This one's from Sigourney Weaver:

Despite the tepid -- and that's being generous -- enthusiasm Bill Murray has expressed for another Ghostbusters outing, the 60-year-old Weaver sounds optimistic about the sequel's chances at life. "Ghostbusters 3 apparently is happening," she says. "I got a call from (director) Ivan Reitman and they're working on the script. If it's not a great script, we're not going to do it."

Goonie

I met Dan Aykroyd today at a local Crystal Head Vodka signing. Didn't ask him about GBIII - didn't want to hold up the line behind me. But, someone on the RPF forum said after this promo tour for the vodka is over, GBIII is his next project. (y) He's in Sacramento on the 29th of Sept, and according to a video on our local news website, he's going to do a signing at a bar in Beverly Hills, then at the end of October he's got two dates in southern California. After that, Ghostbusters III pre-production?

For you Vancouverites, he's in Burnaby tomorrow, and Vancouver on Friday.
Here's the video on our local news website: http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-57066-1-.htm#57066

Last edited:

TheMutt92

What I don't get is why aren't Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis not writing this film? I mean, then you would have the original scribes of the first two tackling the material as opposed to people arguing over a script written by people whose work is criticized (especially by Bill Murray).

Matt deMille

I wonder if the reason Aykroyd and Ramis aren't being the full writers is due to studio politics. While it's been clarified that Dan, Harold, Bill and Ivan have to agree to move forward, that doesn't necessarily mean they own all the intellectual property. It is possible that Columbia has some authority and, given typical studio approaches to things, I wouldn't be surprised to learn they are insisting on some "up-and-coming writers" with "vision" drafting the script. Ughh.

Having met Mr. Aykroyd, and from studying his works, it's clear he has no shortage of passion or skill for this project. I can't imagine any outside writers being his idea. Unless, of course, he simply so busy with other projects (like the crystal skull vodka -- which is great stuff, I must say) that he trusts some new guys to get a script through its initial, obligatory drafts before he steps in to assert creative control and tweak it.

TheMutt92

TheMutt92 said:
What I don't get is why aren't Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis not writing this film? I mean, then you would have the original scribes of the first two tackling the material as opposed to people arguing over a script written by people whose work is criticized (especially by Bill Murray).

DAN AYKROYD IS WRITING GBIII!

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/10/07/dan-aykroyd--ghostbusters-3-bill-murray/

When asked about Murray's comments, Aykroyd admitted that he's now in charge of the 'Ghostbusters 3' script while also defending Stupitsky and Eisenberg's version, claiming they wrote Murray a classic role in it. Aykroyd noted, "I think he was concerned that the writing on Ghostbusters 3 by these guys would not be up to standard, but I can tell you firsthand, I'm working on the script now and those two-Stupnitsky and Eisenberg, [writer-producers of The Office]-wrote Bill the comic role of a lifetime, and the new Ghostbusters and the old are all well represented in it...we have a strong first draft that Harold [Ramis] and I will take back, and I'm very excited about working on it."

Like I said before, I never understooad when him and Harold Ramis weren't put on this in the first place...

TheMutt92

Peter Venkman returns!

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/17/potd-bill-murray-in-ghostbusters-gear-at-2010-scream-awards/

To accept the award for ?Best Horror Movie? at the 2010 Scream Awards, Bill Murray appeared wearing a full Ghostbusters outfit, which even included a proton pack. The award show was held Saturday in Los Angeles, and will air on Spike TV on October 19th at 9pm.

zz5d47f363-550x804.jpg

Indy's brother

Production to begin in May 2011?

Production Weekly has said via tweet that the outlet hears Sony ?is planning to put Ivan Reitman?s ?Ghostbusters 3? into production in May 2011.? If accurate, this would represent the end of a couple years of speculation about the film.

Several sources have picked up on this rumor over the last few days, how true it is remains to be seen....