Star Wars Original Trilogy

Raiders90

Star Wars a New Hope 2012 Special Edition

Here's a preview of what George Lucas and Lucasfilm have in store for us with the release of the 35th Anniversary edition of "Star Wars: A New Hope"

Lucas commented by saying, "The kids have got to know that Greedo had a fair chance. In my original vision, Han was good, moral kind of guy, the kind that would shoot second, or 15th as will be in the case of the 35th Anniversary Editions. He's patient. With CGI and computers, we can stick to my original vision of..um...Anyway, check out the making of video of my version of the Lord of the Rings."

Said veteran Lucasfilm producer Rick McCallum, "George's vision of the Star Wars universe is always in a state of evolution and change. The man is a cinematic genius, and the money is good. The 35th Anniversary Edition will represent what we currently believe (and hope) to be the final iteration of "A New Hope''. Though regardless, we know the fans will continue to buy each successive edition, so George may just have some more changes up his sleeve for the 2016 Editions."

Last edited:

DarthMickey

yeah pretty soon the tie fighter pilots are going to be seen jumping out of there fighters at the last minute to saftey, along with other changes for the good of mankind. Geeeeez!:dead:

DarthMickey

Imagine what Lucas would do to the previous Indy Movies if allowed.

Toht's sweats really bad at the end but is allowed to go home and think about what he has done! :dead:

The Man

Sentiment aside, how would people feel about a digital reboot of Jaws? I adore that movie, but certain shots of the patently fake 'Bruce' have always bothered me.

wolfgang

Buying original Star Wars trilogy.

Well, I own the original trilogy on VHS but not on DVD. I was thinking about buying the unchanged versions, but I really like the Jabba the Hutt scene in Star Wars. I'm hopping you guys would help me decide which ones to buy!

Morning Bell

The current versions that are out now contain both the updated and original films. Last time I checked they were still available, although be warned that the original films aren't upgraded or even improved for picture or sound. They look and sound old but if you don't have a problem with that then they're the way to go because you get both versions of each film.

wolfgang

Thanks guys! I better hurry up!Hmm...now that I think of it, oes anyone know if they are coming out on Blue Ray?