The Librarian

HovitosKing

Oh there were tons of subtle Indy throwbacks...including a similar-but-not-quite "Marion's Theme." There were lots of times throughout the movie where I had the pleasant feeling of deja vu.

Dr. Wolfwood

Whoa! They are actually making a third one! :eek:

I thought the first one was kinda goofy kind of fun, but the second one was really bleh... One can only wonder what the third one could be like...

Trennas

I had to download (before I get any comments on that; I gradually buy all the stuff I download when it comes out in stores here, which can literally take years) it because it didn't broadcast here in the Netherlands, and I didn't feel like waiting until some TV network would pick it up here.

Have yet to watch it though. Will probably do so tomorrow :) The previous movies were very entertaining for being such low budget movies and I've been looking forward for this one for a while :)

Ska

I watched about 75% of it so far...have to finish it yet.

Not very good so far. (n)

Very slow and boring. The first two were better.

Dr. Wolfwood

Nurhachi1991 said:
This is pretty much the worst movie ever made.
You must not have seen many movies, then! ;)

Just to stay in the theme of "made for TV movies", have you ever tried to watch Hallmark's King Solomon's Mines?

In comparison, Librarian 3 is actually a pretty decent flick. I actually liked the pacing of the Librarian 3 story, although the story itself was much too predictable and the aim was clearly not to take the film too seriously. Fitted pretty well with the 1 and 2 and might even have been a little better than the second one was.

NoCamels

I really enjoyed the first 2, despite the cheesy made-for-tv effects. Thanks for telling us about the third!

Trennas

Watched it last weekend and enjoyed it :) I won't say I enjoyed it immensely, because it was mostly rediculous, but the movie does get away with it because it doesn't take itself too seriously.. If you don't expect it to be a terrific movie, its not even half that bad really :)

It did have some pretty, albeit farfetched, clever finds though; like the explanation behind vampire's weaknesses of silver, wooden stakes and crosses. Too bad the story was so damn predictable..

Still, had a lot of laughs because of the silliness, and that was mainly why I wanted to watch it":)

Twilightpro101

I've got the first one on DVD. Blockbuster was selling their used copies, so I bought it. Enjoyed it, but I've yet to see 2 and 3.

A2Steve

"The Librarian" cable movies- any good?

are the Librarian movies any good? it looks decent enough, and I always liked Noah Wylie- excellent on ER (basically Michael Crichton's earlier self) and did an awesome job as Steve Jobs in "Pirates of Silicon Valley." this has a "secret society/history" look to it, but wondering what others think of it. Being overseas, I have my "top men working " on getting copies if it's worthwhile.
:whip:

Indy's brother

The first one got it's hooks into me pretty good, even with the lower production values than the other two. Really a quite charming little flick. The other two I looked forward to, and enjoyed, but not as much. Even though they were better made. Hmm. I see a pattern emerging...a parallel with a certain other academic that does fieldwork?

I'd say it's a buy.

A2Steve

I'll take a look then. thanks for the opinion..... just as long as he doesnt wake up and realize he's married to Suzanne Pleshette, too! :eek:

A2Steve

Just to update my lil' thread- judt started watching the first one, and so far, I really like it! very humorous, and a good tip o' the fedora to Indy in the scene with the Ark. havent watched the entire movie yet, but something tells me the other two are next on my list.

now, to get the experts back on the case. :whip:

Morning Bell

I saw part of one on television a few months ago and I thought it was okay. I'd never heard of the series before so maybe I need to give it another chance and watch the series from the beginning.

Lance Quazar

I dunno, I thought they were watchable, but forgettable.

The reduced budget and production values really does hamper this kind of story. The cheesy result is fun in an old fashioned, drive-in movie kind of way, but it makes it hard to really get into the story. The light-as-air plot and characterizations don't help in that regard, either.

Being overseas, doesn't really feel worth the expense to seek these out.

Stateside, I think they're worth a netflix rental at best.