Lucas a participant in Ebay's VERO program??

Caitlin

We were bidding on some Jones movie props and recieved the email from Ebay:

The following listing:

3385160977 -*26* INDIANA JONES Movie Props Grail Diary

was removed by eBay because a Verified Right Owner (VeRO) Program participant notified eBay that the listing infringes its copyright, trademark or other rights. We strongly urge you not to complete this transaction.

You can get more information on the VeRO Program at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/programs-vero-ov.html

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this issue.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

That stinks! Anyone else had this problem in the past? I wonder how long Lucas has been signed up with with the program....Does this mean no more cool unliscenced Indy stuff on Ebay forever + ever? I hope the people who make + sell this stuff don't get in trouble.

chipuk

Yes I have had this problem with e***,

it was for dvd's of the movies before they were officially released,

however the sale went through, but the seller was struck off for a while before coming back and saying he is not allowed to sell
them anymore and dont ask him. Reading between the lines he had his wrist slapped.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
chipuk said:
It was for dvd's of the movies before they were officially released, however the sale went through, but the seller was struck off for a while before coming back and saying he is not allowed to sell them anymore and dont ask him. Reading between the lines he had his wrist slapped.
Hmmmmm, I wonder why this is. Perhaps because what the seller was doing was, *gulp* illegal?

As for prop replicas. I don't have a problem with people selling them, if they stress that it is a fan-made replica and they don't use copyrighted stuff, such as the name Indiana Jones. That is the problem with this sale. The seller was using the copyrighted name, Indiana Jones, to make his/her sale. If he/she instead just use the term "Adventure" or something along those lines I doubt Lucas Legal would have an issue or legal grounds for that matter.

I

Indy's_main_man

People have been selling Indiana Jones DVD's for a loooooong time...i believe I saw some in 97. I chewed him out for selling false, bootleg, hame mad merch and passing it as official.

Katarn07

Aaron's right. Lucas had nothing to do with it. You can't do that. It's against eBay policy*.

When someone trys to sell a custom figure of SW or Indy or whatever and decides to slap the 'Kenner' or 'Hasbro' logo on there, it is taken off due to copyright issues.

Your sellers would have to say it was inspired by the diary or something and not say it is it. Try and do the private sale if it's taken off again ;)

*eBay policy allows officially licensed German action figures that have Nazi symbols on some but they took down a custom Indy in a uniform from LC because of the Nazi symbols being on there. Go figure :rolleyes:

Last edited: