Petition to Eliminate Martin Caiden Indy Books!

Johan

As the creator of this thread I would like to hereby announce that I am 23years old, married with a child on the way. If being an Indy fan makes me a weirdo and a geek...I will be the first to tell you I am both a weirdo and a geek.

Jay R. Zay

tycobb2522 said:
What's the translation for geek in Finnish?

oh come on pal, give us a rest. you don't have to get this sassy on your first online day, rightyright? don't think this hurts finn as much as it will hurt you when someone reminds you of this little incident in ten years (or whenever you probably may have grown up). :) so cool it.

tycobb2522

Jay R. Zay said:
oh come on pal, give us a rest. you don't have to get this sassy on your first online day, rightyright? don't think this hurts finn as much as it will hurt you when someone reminds you of this little incident in ten years (or whenever you probably may have grown up). :) so cool it.

Sassy? Rightyright? I rest my case...

IndyBuff

IndyJohan said:
If being an Indy fan makes me a weirdo and a geek...I will be the first to tell you I am both a weirdo and a geek.

My thoughts exactly! I'll second that comment.:whip:

qwerty

I don't think that you can be geek if your get inspired by Indy's advantures. All of that should make you go on and do something like that, and as far as I am concerned that is as cool as it gets.

Johan

qwerty said:
I don't think that you can be geek if your get inspired by Indy's advantures. All of that should make you go on and do something like that, and as far as I am concerned that is as cool as it gets.

Your stretching it, I'm a weirdo and a geek.

annu

tycobb2522 said:
Do any of you have girlfriends?
No, I do not have a girlfriend, but I am a girl. :)
tycobb2522 said:
May I suggest that you get lives?
A life? What is it? Oh, I've heard about it a while ago, but for now, I'm happy with my Gentoo...
Finn said:
It's either Kaunotar or Nörtti. Make a pick.
Riippuu ihan siitä, kumpaa sukupuolta edustaa..

VP

Moderator Emeritus
welcome_tumma.jpg

Welcome, annu.

Finn

Staff member
Either VP was preoccupied, or you're a second class citizen. :whip:

Oh well, welcome anyway.

Finn

Staff member
annu said:
Or maeby it's about living in Finland, who knows..
Yeah, it's got to have something to do with the fact that "Gustav" sounds like a Swede. :p

Finn

Staff member
And by the way people, as the acting moderator of this section, I must note that we're all pretty badly OT.

So back on topic.

Gustav

Yeah, back on topic, you slackers. And thanks for the warm welcome. By the way, I am anything but swedish. And Indiana Jones is cool, just to get back on topic.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
By the way Finn, have you read any other Indy novels 'cept the two that are on HelMet?

Finn

Staff member
What, are you questioning my competence to run this section, kid?

Back to your own areas, now. :whip:

Benudo

I just saw the reference in the most recent thread here about Martin Caidin's death. I'm reading my first adult Indy book right now, White Witch. My wife has been making fun of me for it, saying that it's a kid's book. I was starting to think she was right and that maybe all of the Indy books were this weak. But I just read the reviews in the Literature section and it sounds like the general feeling is that the other authors were much better. That's good. I have Seven Veils to read next, and I was hoping it wouldn't be any worse.

To Caidin's credit, I am enjoying reading about the LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin. It's prompted some interesting reading about airships and helps give more context to the airship scene in Last Crusade.