Very Interested in.....

Pale Horse

Staff member
I don't know much about either gentleman, just what information I learn through dedicated research. If Hovind is true to traditional church dogma, than the work he does as detailed on his site will be fruitful. I just believe it to be good to see everything from all angles.

Doc Savage

apalehorse said:
I don't know much about either gentleman, just what information I learn through dedicated research. If Hovind is true to traditional church dogma, than the work he does as detailed on his site will be fruitful. I just believe it to be good to see everything from all angles.

I appreciate your candor, and reserve judgement on this issue until I've done more homework. Hovind's website is http://www.drdino.com. Check it out...it's riveting. Hovind also has many "nay-sayers," but not many will engage him in open debate. My confidence in Wyatt is, therefore, vicarious for the moment.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I'm not a nay-sayer, except to bad science. <small>read macro evolution</small> But if you have been reading any of my earlier posts (though why anyone would is beyond me) then you know where I stand. Something tells me we will get along just fine, "sharpening each other" so to speak.

Tennessee R

Aha, I'm back, today. Sorry, Apalehorse, I didn't refresh the page until I was about to go to bed, so I saw your post, and started to write, my computer shut down, and I decided to wait until today to post.
Apalehorse: I congratulate you in the fact that you are a researcher. You check things out. You don?t take Wyatt?s word on it. I like that.
Here at Wyatt Archaeological Research, we present the evidence, and let you make your own decision. Please, as the Bible says:
?Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.? 1 Thess 5:21

So, I will begin by saying that Tentmaker is very critical of Ron Wyatt. (Can?t you tell? :)
Now, I will state that Dave Fasold was absolutely ecstatic at the find of this site in middle Eastern Turkey. He went over with Ron to the site. In one of his video clips, he says very excitedly: ?What more evidence do we NEED!!!!!!? He sincerely endorsed Ron?s claims of the site being Noah?s Ark.

Then, if I have my story right, someone drilled less than 5 holes, I believe less than 5? in diameter, in different places on the site, and concluded that it was a natural site. Fasold agreed with those.

#1 ?the supposed iron bracket in the ark structure?
Analysis has shown that the rivet has space-age alloys including titanium, alluminum, and other space-age alloys. Kind of wierd for a natural volcanic formation.
#2 ?chemical analysis of a drogue stone?
There are large boulders with unique holes in the tops, and some have 8 main crosses (Could it be the 8 survivors of the flood?).
And Ron Wyatt did not believe that the boat was a reed boat.

In our museum we have actual pieces of Noah?s Ark, but one of the main features is a deck timber that was presented to Ron by the Turkish Gov. (Which by the way believes that it is Noah?s Ark) And this deck timber has layers like ply-wood. Now the Bible tells us that the ark was made of gopher-wood, and if you look up the word gopher in the Oxford Dictionary, Gophering can refer to layering.
I?ll end up with saying that this site is not on Mt. Ararat, but on a smaller mountain several miles from there (The Bible says that Noah?s Ark landed on the ?mountainS of Ararat? mountains plural) Ararat itself is a post-flood volcano, so if Noah?s Ark ever was on Mt. Ararat, it is probably blown to splinters by now. All in all, it makes sense that Noah?s Ark would be right where Ron?s site is.
Apalehorse, this was not about you, this post, this was about correcting some of Fasold?s claims, and I say again, Fasold was a great, great supporter of the site.
Thank you Apalehorse, for your input and research. Please continue posting here.
Doc Savage, It would be great if you could make it down to the museum, and if you come down, ask if ?David? is here. Goodbye for now, and be sure to

?Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.? 1 Thess 5:21

Pale Horse

Staff member
Tenny...

I must apologize for my earlier eccentric-ness. Shortly before you began posting there was a, well, I'll just call it an incident. If you have been reading for a while, you know what I am refering to. Coincidently enough when you began reviving old threads, I had just finished my archeological digging of numerous threads as well. I just wanted the powers to be to know that you and I were in fact, two separate people. Now that that is known, we can move on. Perhaps I should have clarified this before, but alas time heals all wounds.

Much of Wyatts sight is fascinating, to be sure. Much of his findings fit into the realm of believability, and credibility. I am still skeptical of the Noah's Ark claim, only because I found evidence (though I am still verifying its credibility) which show numerous other sights with the exact same characteristis of the Wyatt Noah's Ark sight.

Where is your museum's artifact from?

And to be sure, I know all about the ramification of 'this present darkness'. You're preaching to the choir if you feel my inquiries are founded in the ways of the serpant. ;) I assure you they no longer are.

Tennessee R

I masjudged you, Apaleorse, I had an idea that that was what your post was about, but I didn't think you would stoop to this (Last Crusade Joke :) )

No, Apalehorse, I did have an idea that that was what your post was about. No hard feelings. But, you know, I might need some sutable compensation :)

In a few words, Ron Wyatt saw an areial photo in Life Magazine of a boat-shaped object with the caption above it:
"Noah's Ark?"
So he went to middle-eastern Turkey, where the site was located, and measured the site using laser measurment, and it measures out in Royal Egyptian Cubits, exactly the deminsions as stated in the Bible (300 cubits long, or about 515 feet) He took a material sample, and when analysed had cat hair from the cat family, and a fiber that had fiber-optic like properties. (Not long ago, we learned that polar bear hair is fiber-optic, Kind of neat). And the site is located on a smaller mountain a few miles from the base of Ararat, but still in that region.

Tennessee R

I'm interested in what you said:

"numerous other sights with the exact same characteristis of the Wyatt Noah's Ark sight."

Could you please explain?

Doc Savage

Not to interrupt, but I'm honored to be a part of this discussion. What I can't get over is that Wyatt found the ark of the covenant ( I am operating under that assumption; sorry, guys, but I'm sold ) The year after Raiders came out.

Tennessee R

You are not interrupting, and yes it is incredible.
I don't know if you saw this on our website, but I got back in July of '03, from a Wyatt Archaeological Research project in wich about 30 volunteers did amazing work, in excavations under the Temple Mount (Mt. Moriah).
You have probably read that Ron theorizes that Jeremiah hid the Ark of the Covenant through underground passageways that lead from the location of the temple, to a cavern in the Garden Tomb area (Where Jesus was buried).

Well, we were in King Solomon's Quarries in July, and did major excavations in the aforementioned site.
I am the sub-surface, ground-penetrating radar operator (In which we can actually see what is under the ground), and did radar scans at the site Ron had described, and found enough to try to excavate. So, we did, and continued until the end of our alloted time, and still seem to be following a filled-in passageway going in the direction of the site Ron said he discovered the Ark of the Covenant.

Doc Savage

You, my good man, are a bona fide Raider. My fedora is off to you. When I come to your "gas station," I'll take you out for coffee and you can regale me about the Promised Land. I plan on seeing it and Cairo before the next Big Exodus.

Tennessee R

The next big Exodus is, I hope not too far off, so come soon. :) and, maybe call the museum number on our website to make sure I'll be here.
I look forward to seeing you in the not-too distant future.
And will be glad to talk here until that time comes.

Tennessee R

In one corner of the Garden Tomb, (Which is quite a big place being that it is a garden), you can look off some railing and see Golgotha only 30 to 50 feet away, so, pretty much just right there. Where Ron dug originally is very near the place of the skull, but inside the Garden Tomb properties.

Tennessee R

Wyatt Archaeological Research used to take tours over, but because of the trouble in the Mid East, stopped for a while, but recently, our trips have been:

Oct '02: Work at the Garden Tomb (In which I did not witness)
Feb '03: We went on follow-up work from the previous trip, and hired Ground-Penetrating Radar (Or GPR)
July '03: Bought GPR and I took course on operation of GPR. Went to Israel, did GPR at King Solomon's Quarries, and did major excavations there.
Dec '03: Did GPR at Qumran at the request of a Prof. in CA, in an atempt to locate more caves that might house more Dead Sea Scrolls.

So, we go over fairly often, and I would reccomend signing up for our E-mail update list on our website (You don't have to worry, you won't be getting thousands of emails a day, more like one a month), and we will send you an E-mail, as soon as we know dates and information on another trip. Then, send us an email asking for more info, and we will give you detailed info on the trip that you are interested in.

Edit: Last time, it was around 2k for 2 weeks, and that included international air tickets, most meals, hotel, transportation, and mainly everything that you can think of except domestic air tickets.

Just to give you an idea

[Edited by Tennessee R on 02-05-2004 at 11:13 pm]

Pale Horse

Staff member
Tennessee R said:
I'm interested in what you said:

"numerous other sights with the exact same characteristis of the Wyatt Noah's Ark sight."

Could you please explain?

Well I researched (limited) the web and found what (at first viewing) seemed to be geological proff of similar types of structures near Ararat. After you wanted to know more, I found the sight again, but doubt its credibility. I'll post it here:

black and white pic

Doc Savage

Evening, gentlemen. Glad to see we're all here again. I'm going to read The Pale Rider's article now. Be back in a jiff.

Doc Savage

To paraphrase Dr. Hovind (who espouses no definite opinion on the Noah's Ark debate), the interesting thing about Wyatt's "boat" was that, while the other boat-shaped mud flows pointed downhill, Wyatt's defied the normal flow of mud and pointed uphill. I didn't see the position in the article, but I dismiss any article that singles out "Christians" as an easily excitable, gullible bunch. Again, the continual effort to debunk Biblical claims only strenghtens my resolve and leads me to believe that God's going to leave a couple of scoffers with their collective posteriors in the wind.