Spoiler Free Review

Jawad M

Hi everyone,
I just walked out of press screening Indy 4 and LOVED every sec of it. Fans will love it guaranteed

Hang on as I should have my review by tomorrow morning

Shia Rocks and Harrison as funny as ever before and Blanchett AWESOME

Jawad

Blue Jay

thanks a lot! That is really great to hear!!!

I was kind of depressed by some of the reviews, although i promised myself that this wont happen.

So it is nice to hear a good review by a real fan!

DaveTheHutt

And... breathe. ;)

Good to read this and the other reviews on Rotten Tomatoes... Seems the general consensus is positive, with even the handful of neg reviews generally agreeing that if nothing else this 'feels' like an Indy film.

I was never expecting a Raiders-level classic, just another fun 2 hours in the company of my fave archaeologist/adventurer - and it seems Spielberg and co. have delivered on that.

Three days to go until I find out which reviews I agree with, but so far it sounds like I'm not going to be disappointed - here's hoping!

BTW, funny to read how some of the criticisms conflict - one says Spalko barely registers, another says she makes a huge impression; one says the film looks old-fashioned, another says it looks too modern...

Jawad M

glad my review helped restore some hope among fans. looks like more reviews are coming out positive.

can't wait to see it again

alexandre

Just saw the movie

I saw it in Paris.

Indy 4 is not a great movie.

Almost everything was there, but :

- The story is 0 !
- The rythm is incredible, but you don't get the time to appreciate the characters
- The chemistry was NOT there

sunshinestate1992

alexandre said:
I saw it in Paris.

Indy 4 is not a great movie.

Almost everything was there, but :

- The story is 0 !
- The rythm is incredible, but you don't get the time to appreciate the characters
- The chemistry was NOT there
yeah i dont believe you ona count of u made a profile just to talk bad about the movie but whatever pal

alexandre

I wish you like the movie

I'm just saying what I felt...

Many people liked the movie in the theater. Mostly very young people...
Everything is there : it's funny, it has incredible action. Just the plot : it's no good.

triklops

salussolia said:
yeah i dont believe you ona count of u made a profile just to talk bad about the movie but whatever pal

Why don't you guys just shut up ?? I am so f*cking fed up by all this bad-review bashing !!!!!!!!
Man, not everybody loves this film...get used to it !!!!!!

ElodieJones

I just saw it !!!!
And I love it.
It's not the better one but neither the worst one for me.

The characters are very good and the dialogues so great.
A lot of humour and action, maybe too much action sometimes it's hard to follow :p

Even if I don't like everything, I really enjoyed it (y)

Sam Falco

In response to that other person who just made a profile to bash the movie:

Well that would mean NOTHING is there, jackass. The entire series thusfar has been based on story and character chemistry. If that isnt present, you HAVE no Indy movie.

Also, I'm not bashing the fact that they dislike the movie, I'm bashing the fact that this person felt it necessary to come here just to stir up the pot.

splish-splash

Not everybody is gonna lke the same things or movies. But if he's for real, there also something good to take out of his comments.

Many people liked the movie in the theater. Mostly very young people...
Everything is there : it's funny, it has incredible action. Just the plot : it's no good.

So, he didn't like it, plenty of others did.
That's another way to look at it. if he's fore real :)

Jeeh

This seemed like the right thread to post my review, so here goes. Don't worry, there are no spoilers.

Yes, this is the movie we all hoped for. Yes, everything you were hoping for happens and everything you were kinda afraid about happens as well,
but turns out to be pretty spectacular and handled in the right fashion. The movie kicks off great, fully illustrating how young Indy actually still is.
After it's intro, the movie takes a step back, we learn a bit more about the things that happened in the 20 years that passed. But as soon as Indy
meets Mutt Williams, it kicks off again and the rollercoaster isn't going to end till the very last frame.

From start to finish it breaths Indy. They took the movie from it's 30's era and placed it into the 50's, which works just fine. There are some hilarious
scenes involving greasers and just to get this out there: Shia did just fine. He's taking a side right next to Indy and he handles himself
pretty well. He never gets annoying, he never loses himself, he's just really cool the way he is and fits perfectly next to the 'old' man.
The rest of the cast is great aswell, you can tell Cate is having a great time with her russian accent, Karen Allen had to be one of the highlights
of the movie (especially when they meet <3), Ray Winstone is a funny addition, but neither he nor John Hurt really get a chance to shine. Still,
the movie makes good use of it's characters. Probably most importantly, the chemistry between Indiana, Marion and Mutt works. The Mutt-Indy
relationship in the movie reminds me of the Jr./Sr. relationship in The Last Crusade and although it doesn't reach the same dazzling heights,
it delivers in more ways then I could imagine.

The setpieces are all really Spielbergesque, ranging from rainforests and huge temples, to ancient graves or the university Indy teaches.
The movie takes you across the world, going back and forth. Story-wise, they didn't play it as safe as I thought they would. You might expect a
typical Indy story, and it is, but still, it reaches further then the previous movies did. Indy IV takes complete advantage of it's 'fantasy' edge and
for some might go a bit too far now and then. Still, you know you're watching Indiana Jones, so it should be the last thing to worry about. I
heard some complaints about the movie's ending, but I thought it was .. great. Fitting. And spectacular.

Others complained about the use of special-effects. Spielberg himself said after Cannes that they tried to use CGI only when really neccessary.
I think they did, you can tell there's a lot of CGI around, but it never takes the upper hand or distracts. So, no worries here.

The chases are fantastic, the dialogues funny, the characters worthy, the music once again breathtaking (I love how the skull has it's own score),
the stunts stunning and most importantly, Harrison Ford is as Indy as he ever was. If you never liked a single thing about the trilogy, this one
won't make you a believer, however, if you're looking for a magnificent time, it's not going to get much better then this. And well, if you're a fan
... just don't worry . The movie hints towards a follow-up that might take a different direction, but for all I care, if it's this good, go ahead
and do it while you still can.

Classic.