Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Ok

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

ElodieJones

Hello everybody !!!
(I'm not sure that I can post this topic in this section...)

I just want to invit everybody who wants to discover my new website
Just online since a few days !!!

www.elodie50a.com

Abimesite-1.jpg

You will found :
- Drawings
- Costumes
- Pictures
- Travels
- The entire story of my meeting with Steven Spielberg

This new website is totally created by a friend (not professional at all, it's his first website)
Please take a look and tell me what you think !!!

ElodieJones

Thank you very much for alle the people who took some time to visit my website, even those who don't like it.
And a special thanks for those who voted "Great" :D

Tennessee R

Very nice Elodie.

Very much enjoyed the photo section.
Most of the sites in Greece and some in Italy are familliar to me.
In fact, I have very similar photos myself.
I don't know if you remember me, but I was a frequent poster here back a few years when you first became a member. Your English is very good now. I notice an improvement since last time.

I see you have myspace. What about Facebook? That's all I really use.

Oh, and where all did you visit on your America tour?

Cheers

ElodieJones

Thank you very much !!!
I'm really happy that you like it !!!

Oh Greece and Italy are my favorite places !!!
And I will go in Italy again, to visit the ENTIRE country !
I need to go in Italy I feel so much Italian in my blood.

Yes I remember you Tennesse :)
I'm so happy to know that my English is better !!!
I can't really notice that myself, so thanks for telling me !!!

I'll answer to the end of your post by private message ;)

DocWhiskey

Very creative site, Elodie.

I love the mine cart speeding by every now and then and the overall look. Very Indy. (y)

And I love your story on how you met Spielberg! That's so frikken cool! Glad to hear he was a nice guy. You met a legend! I'm jealous.

Your artwork is very nice and I love your costumes. I swear I seen you on Deviantart before. My deviant ID is DocWhiskey. Check out my work if you'd like.

And those pictures of you in your indygear? Well, hubba hubba, I think I'm in love. :p

Great Job!

Last edited:

ElodieJones

Thank you very much Doc !!!

I'm happy to know that you visit my website and like it !!!
Yes I wanted to write the WHOLE story about my meeting, from the begining to the end, not only the moment of the meeting. I think it's interesting to know how things happen and that was not easy.

Thanks I will add you on deviantart.
My deviant ID is elodiejones ;)

Thanks for your nice message !!!

Finn

Staff member
Nice site Elodie, I certainly dig the artistic outlook.

But the site architecture leaves a bit to be desired. There aren't enough 'back' buttons (considering it's flash, you can't just use the one on the browser) and all the links are not quite obvious enough, resulting in a lot of unnecessary pixel-hunting.

If you're an adventure gamer like me, you might even enjoy it to some extent, but for a casual surfer it's not so fun to play around with.

Stoo

Hey, Elodie, fun website! The mine cart is great. Formidable!:)

I was looking at your Swiss pictures because I'm going to be in the Martigny/Valais area this weekend. The Euseigne Pyramids look interesting as well as Spider Bridge but where is that gigantic fork?:confused: Montreux?

Stoo

Thanks for the location of the big fork! It looked like Montreux. Will keep my eye out for it next time I'm there.:)

Had a ski weekend planned but it was too rainy so we just drove around the Alps instead. Had lunch in Martigny at Les Platanes at the town square. What a beatiful spot! Right in the middle of 4 mountains! (A question for you: I know Martigny has a Roman connection because of the amphitheatre but why is there a statue of minotaur in the middle of one of the round-a-bouts?)

Anyway, your friend did a good job on your website. I forgot to say that I also liked the plane and boat travelling around on the map.

ElodieJones

Yes the weather is really bad actually in Valais :(
But I'm happy that you had a nice time in Martigny :D
You're right Martigny was a roman city named "Octodurum"
And in the "Place de Rome" you can see a statue of the "she-wolf of Lupercale" gaven by Rome to the actual city of Martigny.
Here is a picture :

Louve.jpg

And in Martigny there are some Roman ruins like the Amphitheatre and others...

But the Minautore statue is only an artistic statue made by an actual artist. ;)

Stoo

Ha Ha! OMG! I swear on all that is holy, I parked RIGHT NEXT TO THAT!!!:D:eek: Honest truth! That's Romulus & Remus!
ElodieJones said:
Yes the weather is really bad actually in Valais
The northern valley is obviously a huge wind tunnel. I saw those windmills! Also stopped in Sion and drove up to Cranes-Montana. The drive down was covered in a thick, foggy, cloud! Scary & exciting at the same time! Next day was Grindelwald and beautiful Interlaken.

What is your favourite part of the country? There's too much to see here!:D

Agent Z

Finn said:
If you're an adventure gamer like me, you might even enjoy it to some extent, but for a casual surfer it's not so fun to play around with.

Agreed. A pretty site, but at the end of the day I found it took me way too long just to simply look at someone's picture collection.

Sometimes, less is better.

ElodieJones

Thanks a lot for your visits :D
And for your comments !!!
I take your suggestions.

Stoo said:
Ha Ha! OMG! I swear on all that is holy, I parked RIGHT NEXT TO THAT!!!:D:eek: Honest truth! That's Romulus & Remus!
The northern valley is obviously a huge wind tunnel. I saw those windmills! Also stopped in Sion and drove up to Cranes-Montana. The drive down was covered in a thick, foggy, cloud! Scary & exciting at the same time! Next day was Grindelwald and beautiful Interlaken.

What is your favourite part of the country? There's too much to see here!:D

Haha that's very funny (y)
My favorite place in Switzerland might be Tessin, the Italian part.
Cause this is a beautiful canton, and the weather is more mediterranean, and with the lakes this is just PERFECT!!!
And of course because they speak Itlian :p

ElodieJones

Thanks a lot for taking some time to visite my website Annie :D
I'm happy that you enjoy it.
Yes I have the chance to voyage in many places, and there are still many many countries that I dream to visite one day.

AnnieJones

ElodieJones said:
Thanks a lot for taking some time to visite my website Annie :D
I'm happy that you enjoy it.
Yes I have the chance to voyage in many places, and there are still many many countries that I dream to visite one day.

Your welcome! I will visit it again later. I'll even show it to my sister(who is also an Indy fan). Where do you plan to visit in the future?

ElodieJones

Cool !!!
Don't hesitate to send the link to your friend ;)

In the future I want to visite more in Italy (I mean visite EVERYTHING in Italy).
I dream to visite Japan, Tunisia, Mexico, Russia, and many other places...