wow.............

Whipper

I learned a helluva lot more about WWI and the general period of 1908-1920 by being a fan of the Chronicles than I ever did while in public school.

It would've been nice to have a history teacher cool enough to utilize Indiana Jones as a teaching tactic.

Nurhachi1991

Ha i won the argument today i brought in last crusade on my ipod and hooked it up to the projector and everyone saw that i was right!

Stoo

Nice one, Nurhachi. What did your teacher say? Any comments from the rest of the class?

Nurhachi1991

Stoo said:
Nice one, Nurhachi. What did your teacher say? Any comments from the rest of the class?

teacher was just in a state of shock the rest of the class said i cut and pasted the scene later in the film..........

Gustav

I think it's dangerous having someone like that teaching. Your teacher should be fired. So should the rest of the class.

RaideroftheArk

Nurhachi1991 said:
teacher was just in a state of shock the rest of the class said i cut and pasted the scene later in the film..........

Welcome them to rent or buy the film and see for themselves so they can see that they are clearly wrong.

Awesome job btw, I would have done the same exact thing...I hate when people don't know their movies or even if they make a mistake they won't even listen to reason, like maybe they might actually be wrong for once in their life. Good job!!! (y)

Stoo

Nurhachi1991 said:
So, the teacher's face turned red, pale white or did it melt, like Toht's!:dead:
Did he say anything? Did you bring up any historical facts?

With all the editing software availalbe out there, I can understand why the other
students have their doubts but this is just crazy. Hasn't one of your classmates
seen the movie? How many are in this class?

Gustav

Well make no mistake, Stoo. The mentality of most people watching a movie is something like a monkey's. Immediately after watching a movie most of the general populous can tell you nothing about it except "Indiana Jones was beating people up and he used his whip and his dad was funny and the lady was pretty and there were nazis and the tank went BOOM!" The story line doesn't have to be linear whatsoever for these people. It doesn't matter to them. Just look at how well Epic Movie and all those half-assed American remakes of 80's and Japanese horror films are doing.

The_Raiders

Nurhachi1991 said:

Haha, if they said you cit and pasted the scene you should have told them to go watch it themselves. Then they probably still would have said you did becasue they wouldn't want to admit their wrong :p

Nurhachi1991

Stoo said:
So, the teacher's face turned red, pale white or did it melt, like Toht's!:dead:
Did he say anything? Did you bring up any historical facts?

With all the editing software availalbe out there, I can understand why the other
students have their doubts but this is just crazy. Hasn't one of your classmates
seen the movie? How many are in this class?

He just said i remember that scene diffearantly.......... im postive this is the new digitaly remastered version the one in 1987 had the sene differntly.......

i said sir the movie came out in 1989................ than everyone was quite

deckard24

Nurhachi1991 said:
He just said i remember that scene diffearantly.......... im postive this is the new digitaly remastered version the one in 1987 had the sene differntly.......

i said sir the movie came out in 1989................ than everyone was quite
That's great man...good for you!:hat:

It is hilarious how adamant some people can get when they're wrong! I have movie debates like this all the time with friends, but for the most part they don't fight when they're wrong as bad as your prof. did!

Nurhachi1991

lol thanks man yeah i argue with my friends sometimes to like one this one girl i have been dating swears up and down that jason uses a chainsaw :rolleyes: but i let her have that one cause i dont want to argue with her

Rayder

what program did you use to get the movie on your I-pod, last time I checked they weren't in the I-tunes store, I have an I-video, but am not sure of the best program to convert the DVD into MP3 files for i-tunes, any recomindations?

Nurhachi1991

Rayder said:
what program did you use to get the movie on your I-pod, last time I checked they weren't in the I-tunes store, I have an I-video, but am not sure of the best program to convert the DVD into MP3 files for i-tunes, any recomindations?

i used magic dvd ripper you get 5 free conversions than you gotta pay

Stoo

Jens said:
It's not far from the Alexanderplatz. If you walk down "Unter den Linden" you'll pass it. Just behind the "Staatsoper", on the left side of the road, opposite the "Humboldt University".

Enjoy Berlin! ;)
Found it!...and probably wouldn't have been able to without your help. Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately, 2 of the surrounding buildings were under renovation so their front facades
were covered with tarps and scaffolding.

The Bebelplatz and the Humboldt University were part of the bus tour we took later
but there was no mention of the infamous book burning (which was not surprising).
Indy Geek said:
Take pictures to empty book shelves monument (the one that´s on the ground covered by a glass).
Found that, too. Thanks for letting me know about it. Very eerie...