Indy or Solo?

Solo VS. Jones

• Han Solo

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 33 82.5%

• Total voters

eroc

I looked for this question in this thread until I found something about Indy and his Star Wars boxers. Soooo here is the question.

Han or Indy: Who rules? Which is the deeper character? Minus the Chewie factor, who wins in a fight?

|ZiR|

Ooohh, that's a toughy.

Mmm, it's gotta be Dr. Jones. The IJ universe has so much more appeal to me than the SW.

Who's the deeper character?

Indy wins by default for me. He has 4 films + a televsion show portraying him. But Han isn't without his moments. He goes from being this greedy, caustic ne'er-do-well-pilot-for-hire to genuinely caring about Luke, Leia, and the Republic. (At least that's how I remember it, mind, it's been awhile since I've seen the SW films.)

Who wins in a fight?

Solo, if he had his blaster gun. In a naked fight? Indy.

isaac_z

i mean... we're at the raven - who do you think will win? :D

but seriously, i think a better question would be indy v. deckard, if we're keeping it in the harrison ford character-verse.

Lao_Che

isaac_z said:
i mean... we're at the raven - who do you think will win? :D

but seriously, i think a better question would be indy v. deckard, if we're keeping it in the harrison ford character-verse.

You mean Bob Falfa ;)

It is worth remembering that Han Solo can't take arrow hits. :p

bonoferox

deckard24 said:
Det. John Book would give them both a run for their money!!

Only if they smeared ice cream over someone's face ;)

It would be a long, equal match, but I think Henry would come out on top.

deckard24

bonoferox said:
Only if they smeared ice cream over someone's face ;)

It would be a long, equal match, but I think Henry would come out on top.
LOL!:hat:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/riUNuyEA6oo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/riUNuyEA6oo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

oki9Sedo

Who rules?

Both.

Which is the deeper character?

Indiana Jones, as Harrison Ford has often said himself.

Minus the Chewie factor, who wins in a fight?

We never see Han Solo in a fight in the films, so I've no idea how good he is. So its impossible to answer that question. On gut instinct I would say Indy though.

Hedwig

It was a very hard choise, but I chose Indiana Jones. Somehow I think he's a deeper character, Han Solo is more like a comedic character to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the original Star Wars trilogy, and Han Solo is my favorite character, but I still prefer Indy...

jonesissparrow

There are so many moments where we see a three dimensional characterization through Indiana from the trilogy which makes him a much well rounded character. Han is basically the following the pattern of the Hero with a thousand faces kind of heroism so he really isn't that rich of a character (i'm sorry to say but its true.):(

G-Man

deck24, that's always been one of my favourite moments from Witness, payback is awesome...

As for Indy v Han, Indy wins by a whisker, we know more about him and his character. Much as I love Han I'd have preferred it if Lucas had followed Harrison's suggestion and killed him off. By Jedi he's a little bit sidekick...

eroc

Here is something Harrison said, in the new EW.

A death scene for Dr. Jones? That would never happen, Harrison Ford assures us. He remembers trying to persuade Lucas to kill off his Han Solo character in the second or third initial Star Wars movie, insisting it'd make for a better story. ''You don't need him,'' says Ford. ''He's got no mama, got no papa ? out there all by himself. He's a piece you can move around or get rid of. But I couldn't get George to go along with that. He didn't want to stop making the toys.''

Ford never had the same feelings of disposability about Indy, whom he finds much more interesting than Han Solo ? especially since Indy's mortality has always been a key part of his appeal. ''One of the pleasures is that we allow him to get in too deep,'' Ford says. ''He's in over his head and has to pull himself out. A character without fear or with no sense of his own inadequacy would be a pain in the ass to be around.'' Time to embrace our own foolish, feeble humanity again ? and Indiana Jones, courtesy of a buff sexagenarian, is here to show us how.

Well, as they're both played by the same actor, I don't think Harrison would be too keen on beating the crap out of himself.
However, Indy all the way.

sarah navarro

Han Solo is pretty cool and i do have a figure of him.But when the Indy figures come out i'll have every single one of them.But anyway Indy is better all around.