What do you guys want in a new Indy game?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
akubra_machete1.jpg

INDYfatigable

back on topic... In most of the screenshots from ET Indy is not wearing the jacket. Now besides the hat the jacket is my favorite piece of equipment. How often in the game does he aactually wear the jacket

VP

Moderator Emeritus
He doesn't wear it in Ceylon, at the college, in Istanbul and in Hong Kong. In IM he wears it only in the Tien Shan Mountains and on V.I. Pudovkin.

Indy Parise

Not right now. They are all under some kind of inspection. Alot of them have been made to not fire but can be made to fire again. Alot of the ones I named I don't have thogh, such as M'-60, Mg-42...etc.

TheDarkCrusader

I got an idea for an Indy game, how about something like Assassin's Creed? In the game, the main character Altair who you play would always be assigned on a mission by his master Al Mualim for a different location each time. I can imagine a video game where Indy would talk with Marcus in the school about an artifact and would travel to that location. For those familiar with that game, what do you think if they did something like that for an Indy game?

brookystreet

I think 'Lucas Arts' should go all out and get 'Harrison Ford' to do the voice acting :D

Also I think that it needs to be more realistic and maybe even blood! (There was loads of blood in the movies, why not in the games?)

I would like to see more levels where you can actually explore the environment a bit. Something else that I'd like to see is where you can change Indy's cstume/weapons. For example, if you had Indy wearing his full costume, you could go into the options menu and change his clothes and/or weapons. Unlockables such as concept art, movie stills, interviews and bonus missions would be pretty cool aswell as vehicle levels.

Dr.Jonesy

I think you should be able to choose to wear the jacket or not.

I'll make a list of what should be in an Indy game later. I'm too tired now!:sleep:

DocWhiskey

I would like an Indy game along the structure of the Hitman games. It would be open ended that way it assures replay value. Marshall/Barnett College would be your "main menu" (think Lego Indy) where you're able to access options, missions, unlockables, etc. Marcus would be the guy to talk to if you want to access your missions. You could talk to students, staff etc to learn extra tidbits and hints as well.

Your adventure missions, like the hitman games, would be one large area with several ways to approach the objective. If you're raiding an ancient pyramid or tomb, there would be several ways in. You could be careless and set off all the booby traps, leading your presence being recognized by whatever tribe, or you could be careful and be in and out with the macguffin in hand. Or you could do a combination of both, and explore the areas perhaps to find more artifacts. There'd also be moments where you'd be able to be more "Indy" (like the options for Bond moments in the 007 games) where instead of jumping over a gap you use your whip, or you hit a guy with a chair instead of your fists. The same could go for infiltrating camps/ military bases. Then at the end you're ranked on what kind of adventurer you are. The more artifacts you find the more money you get in which you can use it to buy unlockables like different characters, production art, interviews, movie levels etc. You'd also get a higher rank if you finish the level with your fedora on.

To split up the adventure levels their would be driving/chase levels also, which would be a cross between regular driving games with minigames incorporated into them for the more cinematic elements.

That would be my dream indiana Jones game.

Dream on.

so wah mu

DocWhiskey a-go-go!

For cryin' out loud there's a kid driving the car!

..and if you consider that the Wii batton doubles for a whip you're on your way to fortune and glory!

How would you manage the film vaults? Would you have all 4 films in the 1 game -or cream it by making individual ones!? maybe you could cross reference some suggestions i left on other forums see 'what makes crystal skull awesome..'

(y) (y)

brookystreet

so wah mu said:
How would you manage the film vaults? Would you have all 4 films in the 1 game -or cream it by making individual ones!? maybe you could cross reference some suggestions i left on other forums see 'what makes crystal skull awesome..'

(y) (y)

The films have loads of action as it is although I wouldn't mind a few bonus levels :)

Morning Bell

I would like to see some really cool unlockables in the next game. One of my only complaints with ET was the fact that you only got some concept art for collecting all of the artifacts. I'd like to see some bonus levels or alternate endings this time around.

Morning Bell

I was watching ToD this evening and thinking how cool it would be to have a bonus level that shows Indy finding Nurhachi.:whip: