Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

The Magic Rat

indyclone25 said:
went to my comic shop today and no indiana jones #3 and it says on dark horse.com that it would be released today --- now what, next week --- how long do we have to wait?

Check tomorrow. I know two comic shops in my area release them the day after, kinda like the whole videogame release date thing where they're released one day but stocked the next in most places.

Unless they did push it back. Which sucks.

JimmyPSHayes

The Magic Rat said:
Check tomorrow. I know two comic shops in my area release them the day after, kinda like the whole videogame release date thing where they're released one day but stocked the next in most places.

Unless they did push it back. Which sucks.
Guys, I can tell you 100% certain that the book did not ship this week-I'm a "comic book guy". We get our invoices for next week tomorrow morning and I can post first thing if it's coming out next week or not.

indyclone25

thanks jimmy let us know tomorrow --- by the way how are you doing --- i havent seen you since the chicago comic con, hope things are going well this holiday season !
xmas.jpg

JimmyPSHayes

indyclone25 said:
thanks jimmy let us know tomorrow --- by the way how are you doing --- i havent seen you since the chicago comic con, hope things are going well this holiday season !
xmas.jpg
I've been doing good! We should organize a Chicago Indyfan get together!

JimmyPSHayes

Guess what Santa is bring all of us good little Indy fans?
45 77120435 JUN080075D INDIANA JONES & TOMB OF THE GODS #3 (OF 4) 2.99 57.0 1.2857 57.86 Drk Hrs
(y)
-If you're comic store is open on Christmas Eve, that's when the comic will be on sale. My store is gonna be open from 8am-4pm. We're leaving early 'cause its' Christmas eve and no one will show after that. But we'll all have something nice to read on Christmas!

Dr.Sartorius

Indy fans have got to be the most patient people in the history of geekdom....19 years between sequels...months between issues of the first original comic book series in 12 years....:eek:

Why the change from Steve Scott to Bart Sears for issue 4 though?

DIrishB

Dr.Sartorius said:
Why the change from Steve Scott to Bart Sears for issue 4 though?

I assume Mr. Scott was delayed in his artwork duties for #4, so they put Sears on to finish the mini. I dislike when they switch artists on mini-series (almost always results in at least a noticeably and distracting draw from the story), and would've preferred they just keep Scott on the project (his amazing artwork is worth waiting for).

The Magic Rat

DIrishB said:
I assume Mr. Scott was delayed in his artwork duties for #4, so they put Sears on to finish the mini. I dislike when they switch artists on mini-series (almost always results in at least a noticeably and distracting draw from the story), and would've preferred they just keep Scott on the project (his amazing artwork is worth waiting for).

yeah, it never looks quite right.

michael

Can't wait to pick this up. Will be a nice Christmas Eve treat, sitting down and reading parts 1-3 (I have to because I can't really recall what happened so far.):whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
It's come out down here too. Though I don't know how I'm going to get to Brisbane from the coast during the last minute Christmas rush (today's the 23rd in Oz) and it costs me over $10 bucks just to get there by train. Meh, it's going to have to wait or I'm going to have to find a closer to home comic shop.

Millions

Well, it came out yesterday here in Scotand - I have it in front of me now.

Love it. It keeps up the quality of the previous issues. Enough said.

Merry Xmas!

metalinvader

Bought issue 3 today,Read it in the car...Of course.Great issue.

Spoiler alert!!!!

I loved the dog sled chase.Pretty inventive,If you ask me.

DIrishB

These individual Tomb of the Gods issues are the most satisfying comic issues I've read since the Ultimates or Y - The Last Man ended.

Seriously, the writing and art team on this title is amazing. Everytime I read an Indy comic after Tomb of the Gods, it'll be a let-down in comparison.

Its too bad Steve Scott isn't doing the art on the final issue. He'll be missed.

yodazone

I got my copy today too. It's so awesome to read new Indy comics again. I actually read the comic during traffic because I couldn't wait to find out what happened next in the story. (y)

I'm looking foward to seeing how Bart Sears' artwork will look in the next issue too. Which looks like it's going to hit late Jan. now:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/15-504/Indiana-Jones-and-the-Tomb-of-the-Gods-4

I wonder if issue #4 will drop story hints for the next Indy mini.....

:D