Staff of Kings (novel) by Rob MacGregor

fixer79

MacGregor writing the novelisation would be great...
MacGregor continuing his series of Indy novels would be brilliant!
:D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I look forward to it, either way! it's great to see you writing Indy again, Rob MacGregor!(y)

I just hit this local book store about a half mile from campus today. Picked up those two novels where Indy gets married and his wife dies, and I also picked up Peril at Delphi and Genesis Deluge. They were 2 bucks a pop.... couldn't resist. And, off topic, I also picked up Freud for Beginners for 2 bucks (Freud told through semi-raunchy Crumb-like illustrations... I'm so there) and JG Ballard's Empire of the Sun for $3.

Anyways, yeah haven't much been impressed by what else I've read from MacGregor... hopefully these I picked up today and the new novels next year will be an improvement...

No Ticket

I think it's funny that if you go to his bibliography page, right under all the Indy novels is a novel titled "Crystal Skull."

Doc Savage

Fascinating.
ResidentAlien said:
Anyways, yeah haven't much been impressed by what else I've read from MacGregor... hopefully these I picked up today and the new novels next year will be an improvement...
I've found MacGregor best at characterization and McCoy best at action, personally.

Johan

Yeah but it say's "1991" I don't think he will be doing the official movie novelization. I think he will have a few new Indy stories to tell. Besides we have already seen the crystal skull in the novels.

Johan said:
Yeah but it say's "1991" I don't think he will be doing the official movie novelization. I think he will have a few new Indy stories to tell. Besides we have already seen the crystal skull in the novels.

Yeah, I wasn't insinuating that that book had anything to do with a new Indy novel. Just that it was ironic.

otto rahn

I've read McGregor's novel "Crystal Skull", and quite enjoyed it. I thought that he was a good pick to write "Indiana Jones" novels after reading it. I wonder if they can find a way to bring "The Coral Castle" into the new movie ?:)

LawgSkrak

JimmyPSHayes said:
Nice find!!! I wonder if he's talking about the new collection, or an all-new book by him.

What new collection are you talking about?

And I hope he does write a few new Indy books. I am in the process of collecting all the original ones. I only read 3 of them when they first came out, and really enjoyed them. So new ones would be good.

metalinvader

LawgSkrak said:
It says new Indy books coming soon on Rob's website. Anyone know what this means yet?

Yeah,New books:p

But seriously,Your guess is as good as mine.Let's hope for some brand new novels!(y)

Blue Jay

i wondered too, but after checking on amazon.de and amazon.co.uk for old indy novels, it really seemed hard findung some available, but they had listed all of Rob MacGregors books as a new release for may 2008.

Maybe they are trying to tie in the old books with the new movie.....

I don't think there will be new indy books by him, alas it would be soooo cool ;)