Staff of Kings (novel) by Rob MacGregor

Irfaan

punisher5150 said:
Definitely give it a read. Max McCoy wrote four awesome Indy novels. Don't be turned off by the title. This book introduced Belloq for the first time in an expanded Indy universe novel, as well as Wu Han and Lao Che (from Temple of Doom).

Thanks! Souns brilliant! Buying it right now lol!

WeAreGoingToDie

I second Dino Egg's! I'm in the final chapters and it's nothing like what you'd expect from the title. A certain skull made of crystal shows up (not the same one we know), Belloq (as mentioned), an amazingly evil villain and...

DINOSAURS!!!
dinosaurs_group.jpg

StoneTriple

punisher5150 said:
Definitely give it a read. Max McCoy wrote four awesome Indy novels. Don't be turned off by the title. This book introduced Belloq for the first time in an expanded Indy universe novel, as well as Wu Han and Lao Che (from Temple of Doom).

+1 to that.

McCoy did an excellent job with Belloq. He's a much deeper character than in Raiders. He makes an appearance in Hollow Earth as well. In fact, the New Orleans portion of Hollow Earth is some of my very favorite Indiana Jones, particularly the scenes with Belloq. Reading it, I felt as though I were there with them. Fantastic stuff.

Morning Bell

I loved how McCoy incorporated Belloq into this books. He gave him more of a backstory and it showed the history of the rivalry between him and Indy.

DIrishB

Irfaan said:
Hi! thanks for the image and the order, I didn't notice I had 2 missing (1st and 3rd) I bought the first from ebay and 3rd from amazon straight away lol! I have only ever read Secret of the Sphinx and Dance of the Giants though, I really need to rest but I wanted to find out the chronological order, thanks! It will be a better exprience reading them now knowing which to read next lol!

Thanks again!;)

This might be helpful as well:

Indiana Jones Timeline / Chronology

DIrishB

Irfaan said:
Holy smokes! Crash landing! This is excellent! Thank you!

You're welcome. I'll be making some updates soon with the release of the Young Adult novels in May and the Staff of Kings video game in June, so keep your eyes peeled!

Irfaan

DIrishB said:
You're welcome. I'll be making some updates soon with the release of the Young Adult novels in May and the Staff of Kings video game in June, so keep your eyes peeled!

Exciting, that timeline is the deepest i have ever seen!

I just recieved books 2,4,5,6 of Rob MacGregor and have only read 2 a while ago. After all the references dance of the giants did to the first book I had to buy 1 and 3 because I never knew there would be a chronological order making references. I have all of max McCoys (except for Dinosaur eggs) and all of the other author.

I just received Peril at Delphi and Dinosaur eggs (which i wasn't going to buy until you guys recommended, thanks) from the same ebayer (good timing because I ordered on Friday!) and the seven veils I ordered from amazon so that should be coming soon as well.

Thanks for all the help raveners! Can't wait to start Delphi!

UltimateManGod

I like what you did with the covers. They're really good, considering I'm not too impressed with the covers being used to begin with, either for Staff of Kings or Army of the Dead. But I won't be too concerned as long as the books are good. I'm definitely looking forward to both though. It's nice to have both an old, friendly face back, as well as some new blood.

DIrishB

Indy's Fist said:
We the Indy fans once again get the "middle finger" the book was cancelled!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Wha-?

:confused:
:(
:mad:

That sucks. Was really looking forward to the novelization--hell, almost as much as the game itself. A new Indy novel by MacGregor and its cancelled...ah, bollocks!

walker

Possible publication option for IJ and Staff of Kings

Hey everyone
Quick question. I'm pitching a publication idea for the Staff of Kings novelization to some folks I work with in the publishing industry. Possible interest from some quarters, but the ideas for making it happen are different and I wanted to get your take on one of them in particular.

If MacGregor's Staff of Kings novel was available as the lead story in a compilation of "classic" adventure fiction, would you buy it? In other words, the book would be a hefty hardcover that would include Staff of Kings in full, plus a number of other pulp-style novels and short stories. Say it retailed for $24.99.

Is that something you would buy, or is the price a deal breaker for you?

Look forward to your feedback.
walker

Last edited:

Morning Bell

It depends on what other stories would be in there, but I'd definitely consider it. I love adventure stories anyway so I don't think it would be that big of a deal. At this point I'd just be happy to get the novel at all.:)

bennihana123

Yeah, I'd buy it. I haven't read that many good adventure novels, and I can't stand Clive Cussler. So for me it's James Rollins and the Indy books and comics.