Temple of Doom released back in theatres on May 23rd 2014?

indytim

This latest Indiana Jones poster from Mark Raats suggests that it is. Or more likely a one-off event to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the movie much like the screening of Return of the Jedi last year ...

10152446_10152321845439430_30455062_n.jpg

Crack that whip

Ooh, that poster and the implication behind it are wonderful - well, save for the apostrophe missing from the tag line. This is the one I've seen the fewest times in theaters, so I'd be particularly happy if it were really happening. A shame that nonexistent apostrophe suggests otherwise...

indytim

Here's Mark Raats' response (from this thread http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?p=552584) on his new piece ...

I've just stumbled on this thread, cheers for sharing the artwork.

@ Lance Quazar, Willie irritated the hell out of me and that's why she's been relegated to screaming and burning. Jokes aside, while she was a main character she didn't add much depth to the movie and that's why she was placed in the composition in that way. The choice to use a more dynamic pose for Ram and Indy outweighed the need to leave their faces unobscured. Indy's face is clearly seen in two other places. Cheers for your thoughts - its always interesting to read other's constructive comments.

The poster is not for any official event at this stage because Lucasfilm is not sure if they're going to do anything formal to celebrate TOD's 30th. The artwork is with them now and they'll keep it until a decision is made. Remember, they had my Raiders illustration for nearly a year and a half before it was used for the IMAX release - so there might be a bit of a wait.

Cheers for pointing out the typo on the date, I've had them fix it.

BTW as suspected, the date on this poster is there because its the anniversary of the first US screening...

Thank you again all

Regards
MARK