TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?
Raiders of the Lost Ark 155 62.00%
Temple of Doom 34 13.60%
Last Crusade 43 17.20%
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 18 7.20%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2006, 01:33 PM   #26
ElsaFan
IndyFan

Last Crusade is actually losing? Well that's a first.
ElsaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:34 PM   #27
Last Crusader
IndyFan

Last Crusade has always been my favourite (as you can guess from my screen name), ever since I first saw any of the movies. The reason for this seems to be the mysticism found in the Grail legend and the relation between father and son. Especially the ending scene where the heroes ride off towards the sunset is a model of cathartic movie moment. And the music is superb throughout the whole movie, at times energetic, haunting and uplifting.
Last Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:28 AM   #28
FILMKRUSC
IndyFan

Raiders - nonstop action. Although I have to admit Last Crusade is a close
2nd.
FILMKRUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #29
Indy Jr.
IndyFan

I loved both Raiders and Crusade, but Raiders gets my vote for incredibly well written story and (in my opinion) the greatest action sequence (truck chase).
Indy Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #30
Twilightpro101
IndyFan

Last Crusade since it goes more into Indy's backstory and I love the interaction between Sean Connery and Harrison.
Twilightpro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #31
Fish1941
IndyFan

My favorite Indy movie is TEMPLE OF DOOM.
Fish1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #32
The Adventurer
IndyFan

I vote Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade.

It is the tension of the last trail for the graal...and the faith of Indy when get the water with the holly graal...
All are great...but The Last Crusade...is my favourite!

Last edited by The Adventurer : 02-01-2007 at 03:32 PM.
The Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:20 AM   #33
JK_Antwon
IndyFan

I love TOD!!
JK_Antwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #34
kongisking
IndyFan

I Like TOD too...

I agree, JK Atwon, but Last Crusade will always be my personal favorite (until Indy 4 comes out, but we have to see if that movie is even good or not). I can't help it, I just absolutely love the relationship and banter between Indy and Henry Jones Sr. The fact that it also has a really great opening, one of the best openings in films ever in my opinion, telling about Jones as a boy, is incredibly fun and is a nice prequel-inside-of-a-sequel.

But I do love the other films, make no mistake. It's just that Last Crusade was the first Indy film I saw, so for that reason it is very special to me. (sorry if I sound overly sentimental)
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #35
chicago103
IndyFan

As it stands now before Indiana Jones 4:

Last Crusade
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Temple of Doom

In any case I love them all.
chicago103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #36
Baron Brunwald
IndyFan

Raiders wins it for me.
Baron Brunwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #37
Crazy-Heart
IndyFan

My fave Indy movie is The Last Crusade, because it was the first Indiana Jones movie I saw and I really liked the story and the action scenes!
Crazy-Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #38
deckard24
IndyFan

I'd have to go with Raiders for the no.1 spot! Raiders is just really a perfect movie, great characters, great villains, adventure,drama, romance, comedy,suspense you have it all. And amazing score, but what else would you expect from the legendary John Williams,and awesome special effects from the wizards of ILM. There is a reason Raiders is considered one of the greatest films of all time by the A.F.I. and countless critics all over the world. It brought us Indiana Jones, the greatest screen hero in motion picture history!

As a side note I did want to give honorable mention to TOD, which I think is highly underrated! Yeah it's dark and Spielberg hates it now, but I loved it as a kid and still love it! Indy was a real bad@$$ in Temple, not that he wasn't in the others but he had a slightly diff. edge to him. The opening scene is terrific in his James Bond Goldfinger tux, the fight w/the giant thuggee and then all the other guards, the mine car chase, the bridge scene, and let's not forget John Williams score. The scene where Indy frees the children of the village, and shows up in the tunnel entrance w/the light pouring in from behind, and then you here the punches and the guy goes sliding across, is one of the best scenes in the series to me!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:35 PM   #39
1981arkfan
IndyFan

Indy Hi everyone it's nice to be here...

Hi everyone it's nice to be here and meet you all on this great site.I am a very big indy fan and watch the films every chance i can get.My favorite would have to be Raiders.The storyline is great,the action is well packed for this film and you just feel like your with him on the screen everywhere he finds trouble.Now i have no gripes on the other 2 but they seemed like rushed film's.Raiders has many more characters and places the other 2 just never gave me to explore with indy.Temple of doom,i just could not get into a tale of 3 rocks setting darkness to an entire village and the torture on children for the evil purpose of a twisted minded mola ram.Last crusade was o.k. but with marcus and sallah?Those characters changed for the worst as the films went on.I love (sir)sean connery but raiders is watched much more than the other 2.thats why raiders of the lost ark will always be my favorite of all time..
1981arkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:16 AM   #40
Viper
IndyFan

Raiders is your favorite because it is watched most???
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #41
Grant Lutjens
IndyFan

I voted LC. Although i havent seen Raiders... SO far LC GREATLY outclassed TOD to me. I personaly didnt care for TOD. Lighter,more relaxed i like better.
So i can pretty much guess i will like LC better than Raiders.
I mean no offence. TOD was pretty good. But LC was WAY better.
P.S. Although i like LC the best my favorite scene so far is where he cuts that rope bridge in TOD.... lol. What a nutcase (Smart nutcase))
Grant Lutjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #42
1981arkfan
IndyFan

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper
Raiders is your favorite because it is watched most???
Yes without a doubt..
1981arkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #43
XMarksTheSpot
IndyFan

Although I love them all, I voted for LC. I just love that movie. Sean Connery was great, I love that River Phoenix was in it at the beginning. And too the fact that the first real exciting action sequence took place in Italy was wonderful.

The chemistry between father and son was just unforgettable as well.
XMarksTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #44
indy fan
IndyFan

Raiders!!!

Raiders of the Lost Ark is not just the best Indiana Jones movie but the greatest movies to ever be made. Millions will probably disagree with me but I seriosly doubt that I will ever see a better movie than Raiders unless it is Indy V. The Last Crusades and the Temple of Doom were also two of the greatest movies to ever be made (yes, even better than Star Wars) although I am a big fan of Star Wars.
indy fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:38 AM   #45
AndyLGR
IndyFan

My favourite is Raiders.

I have fond memories of the film. When we had our first video player at home in 83 or 84 I think, this was one of the first films my dad rented for us to watch. I couldn;t get enough of this film and still can;t I suppose, its exciting, funny, action-packed, great characters - everything you could want from a movie I guess.

A good test of a movie is if you could watch it one at any point and get hooked striaght away. Raiders is one of those films, you could jump in at any point if its on TV and be hooked immediately.

Harrison Ford seems born to play Indiana Jones, its a career defining performance and despite how many other great films he's been involved in, this will be his Casablanca, his Godfather, his Spartacus, his Ben Hurr. The film will be timeless, its that good.

LC was another great film and proved that there was still a lot of life in the franchise at that time, they nearly managed to re-create the magic of Raiders.

TOD although a good film, is a little too dark, but a great foil for the other 2 as it shows a different side to the chracter. I suppose it could be compared in tone to The Empire Strikes Back after Star Wars.
AndyLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #46
IAdventurer01
IndyFan

Personally, I like Last Crusade the best. However, I couldn't agree more about Raiders being the defining film, the one least likely to fall into obscurity 50 years down the road. Raiders is that classic film, Last Crusade simply expands upon it.
IAdventurer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #47
Ancary
IndyFan

My fave would be Last Crusade too. I like a lot the plot, the continuity btw the young Indiana (spiders, the cross...the hat) and the actual Indiana we know, and the constact interaction btw Indiana and his father. Ive enjoyed the trilogy a lot, but being difficult to choose, my vote has to go to LC
Ancary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #48
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Right now Raiders is my favorite. Sometimes Last Crusade is (not very often). Temple of Doom was my favorite for a long time. That one influenced me the most when I was younger.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:15 AM   #49
ChickenStu1
IndyFan

Raiders, for sure.
ChickenStu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #50
The Whip
IndyFan

Raiders, its not even close. The other two are great popcorn flicks, but Raiders is a true classic. The characters are more complicated and interesting, the casting was better than the others, and there was a real reverence and sense of awe for the ark that was missing from the other pursuits. The story moves better than the others, the editing and pacing is spot on.

One of the things Speilberg is a master of is including details that sell the story... I love the details in Raiders. The way the date squishes in Sallah's hand... Indy bending the Mercedes hood ornament as he falls under the truck... drunk Indy's shirt being untucked as he runs around the markets of Cairo... the way Indy's voice trails off: "son of a bi....

Raiders has the best imagery its almost poetic. (The back lit shot of the diggers on top of the well of the souls at sunset for starters). Its never silly, it never wanders. Its tight, lean, every shot has a job to do.

Raiders is my favorite movie of all time the other two just don't come close (as good as they are.)
The Whip is offline   Reply With Quote