TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Fanwork and Activities
User Name
Password

Old 09-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #26
AlinaFox
IndyFan

Wow, what a great story! It's amazing how you utilized the different custom figures to express different moods and situations. Very clever perspectives and beautiful backgrounds, stunning mise-en-scène! You obviously also have a knack for storytelling as the pace is quite good and the stills tend to flow evenly...
Personally, I wouldn't mind smaller word balloons and I don't think you need the descriptive captions but that's just my prefrernce...

I would really love to see a "motion comic" version someday and I can't wait for the next installment!

Best,
Daniel
AlinaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #27
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlinaFox
Wow, what a great story! It's amazing how you utilized the different custom figures to express different moods and situations. Very clever perspectives and beautiful backgrounds, stunning mise-en-scène! You obviously also have a knack for storytelling as the pace is quite good and the stills tend to flow evenly...
Personally, I wouldn't mind smaller word balloons and I don't think you need the descriptive captions but that's just my prefrernce...

I would really love to see a "motion comic" version someday and I can't wait for the next installment!

Best,
Daniel

Wow, sorry it took me so long to reply to your thoughtful comments.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback, it is VERY much appreciated!

interesting you mentioned the captions - I actually went back in and took many of the captions OUT after hearing feedback on multiple forums. Many said the captions were unnecessary at best, distracting and/or annoying at worst.

My initial thoughts were that I was worried the pictures and action wouldn't flow as well as I'd hoped and I might need to "walk the audience through it" a little bit. Clearly that wasn't necessary. Who knows, I may go back and reduce the captions even more - but I don't think I'll eliminate 100% of them.

And I had never heard anyone comment on the speech balloon size, but I definitely see your point. They certainly are big!

But, since I'm always concerned with readability, I wanted to make them big and bold and easy to follow. I have seen some action figure style comics with minuscule word balloons, which are just downright painful to read.

(for the same reason, I am always mindful to limit the amount of dialogue in a given panel to not overwhelm the reader with clutter.)

But perhaps I've gone too far in the other direction.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments!
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:40 AM   #28
Indy86
IndyFan

Great story, man. Well done.
Indy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #29
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy86