Indy catches egg in ToD deleted scene?

chapter11

No Ticket said:
I would imagine they cut that because to me it seems out of character that Indy is that instinctual.

Probably, although it was kind of funny. I remember the scene got a laugh from the audience.

I have absolutely no idea why I remembered it. Just shows how many times I made my parents take me to see ToD when it came out!

Yvonne

I had seen it in theaters several times and I don't remember the scene being in there, but as Aaron said, it was probably in some versions and not in others. However that scene was mentioned in the novel based on the movie. That's where I remember it from. I've always figured that's why the one pilot acts so strange around Indy when they're moving to the back of the plane to jump out. He's doing that weird chant and moving his arms around or something, possibly thinking that Indy has special powers.

Gear

In movies there's always something seen in the theatre that doesn't apear on the VHS, DVD, Laser disc or any other copy. Like, for instance, when I saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in the theatre I remember a 15 second or so clip from the book shop where Gildiroy Lockheart is signing books where Mr. Weasly and Mr. Draco have a brawl. That part is, I believe, in the book but not on the DVD...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
You probably remember the egg scene from the novelization.
The chickens also remind Willie of life on the farm.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
IndyFan89 said:
It burns the US logo at the end?
Only in the collective unconscious of the more suggestible Raveners.
There is no evidence. We've looked.
You will find, however, a US flag at the top iof this page below the letter 'D,' like the one in the movie, which burns, offscreen.

LawgSkrak

The egg thing. I saw it in theaters up here in Canada. (I also saw the movie around 15 times when it first came out.)

Flannery10

I used to have an old German VHS of ToD and the scene was included on this one. Dunno about the new ones, but mine was like 15 years old.

Stoo

Flanery10, which scene are you referring to on the German VHS?
The egg or the burning crate? I'm right next door to Germany now
and have seen old VHS copies of Indy movies in used video stores!

Lawgskrak, I saw "Doom" 5 times in Montreal and vaguely remember the egg.
What were you doing sneaking into theatres for a PG-13 movie. Tsk tsk.;)
Just kidding! In Quebec, the new ratings system hadn't kicked in yet and
"Doom" still had a 14+ rating. Welcome to The Raven!

Here's another thread on the egg scene.
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=8840

Flannery10

I'm not sure about the burning crate, but I was referring to the egg scene and I know that one was included on the VHS I used to have.

|ZiR|

I apologize for the necrothread but it didn't seem worth creating a new one just to ask this question.

Does anyone know if the upcoming special editon DVDs will have this scene restored, or bundled as an extra alt. scene?

Jim Tigernuts

If anyone has the German VHS or whatever allegedly has this deleted scene (or any others) would they mind putting them up somewhere and linking here?

Maybe they're up aready.

God'sRadio

Stoo said:
Flanery10, which scene are you referring to on the German VHS?
The egg or the burning crate? I'm right next door to Germany now
and have seen old VHS copies of Indy movies in used video stores!

Lawgskrak, I saw "Doom" 5 times in Montreal and vaguely remember the egg.
What were you doing sneaking into theatres for a PG-13 movie. Tsk tsk.;)
Just kidding! In Quebec, the new ratings system hadn't kicked in yet and
"Doom" still had a 14+ rating. Welcome to The Raven!

Here's another thread on the egg scene.
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=8840

That link is this thread!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
God'sRadio said:
That link is this thread!
Yeah, I merged the two.
That's why post #20 seems so clueless as to what was written before.
Always remember to search, and you can avoid the same...

Stoo

*BUMP*

Because we have a lot of new people on board, does anyone out there have the aforementioned German VHS which includes the egg scene?:confused:

Exulted Unicron

It was mentioned in the Complete Making Of. There's a storyboard of the whole scene. From what it says, the pilot was intended to go into the back and bludgeon them with a knife and a wrench. However, to make it quick, he hands a pistol to the co-pilot.

For the benefit of the raveners, here it is:

Deleted1.jpg