New Acquisitions!!

Stoo

ROB98374 said:
I think I may have went a little crazy. It was an expensive week.
Yes, you did but what a haul! Welcome to The Raven - Where the whip cracking never stops...:whip:

I had a pretty good week, too, but it was no match for yours.

Today: The 2 young adult novels
"Indiana Jones and the Pyramid of the Sorceror"
"Indiana Jones and the Mystery of Mount Sinai"

Will be picking up my reserved copy of "Tomb of the Gods" #4 in a few days but last week, after an extremely overdue return to Montreal, I found some wonderful surprises waiting for me. All thanks to the unsolicited, sheer benevolence of 2 amazing Ravenheads from FLA.:cool:

First was Dark Horse's Free Comic Book Day, "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Yearning" from Sir Crack that whip! (THANK YOU a thousand times over!)

Second was a big box from Sir DIrishB. Check it out! He sent 13 of the French Young Indy novels (including 2 of the rare tales, "Fantôme du Klondike" and "Violon du Metropolitan")! Not only those but the German board game, "Der Weg nach Timbuktu" in near-mint condition! (THANK YOU, my friend!)

BoardGame_German.jpg

YoungNovels_French.jpg

Crack that whip

Stoo said:
but last week, after an extremely overdue return to Montreal, I found some wonderful surprises waiting for me. All thanks to the unsolicited, sheer benevolence of 2 amazing Ravenheads from FLA.:cool:

First was Dark Horse's Free Comic Book Day, "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Yearning" from Sir Crack that whip! (THANK YOU a thousand times over!)

My pleasure. Frankly, given your service to the Indy fan community in helping to pin down the chronology of Indy's adventures, the biographical details of his life, etc., I think it's important that you and a number of other such fans have access to all the published stories featuring the character, so I consider helping you get it to be indirectly helping myself and other fans anyway.
:hat:

Stoo said:

I've seen the cover of that game before, but it never struck me until now that they included in the cover illustration an image of Indy and Henry Sr.'s stolen plane as it hits the building - it's a little funny to see it on the ground, captured right at that moment of impact like that.

I wish I had all those French books, and all the other foreign publications, even though I can't read them myself (yet ;) ). Perhaps some day. In the meantime, I still have to get those two new books, Indiana Jones and the Pyramid of the Sorceror and Indiana Jones and the Mystery of Mount Sinai. I may try to pick them up today, actually...

indyclone25

newest acquistion for me was the coyles downtowner fedora nice hat large looking crown tho , i don't know it looks ok in the pics
newindyhat011.jpg

Crack that whip

The last five packs of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trading cards from the local Hollywood video (they were discounted to fifty cents apiece - sweet!).

UIMJ

I added a few new sketch cards, but the biggest additions this week were both the Paul Freeman (Belloq) and Kate Capshaw (Willie Scott) autograph cards from tthe Heritage card set!

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I am looking to finish my Young Indiana Jones novels and have been trying to find #10 and #11... the Durango and Face of Dragon books...

any suggestions -- I have done searches on eBay, ABE Books, Amazon and found nothing... I am not fussy about condition.. it just bugs me as I sit and write this (and Indy-Cast and Raider.net articles) the books sit next to me on a shelf missing those editions... it just reminds me that the collection is missing those two books!

JackBurton

Yesterday two of the new Lego Sets arrived
- Chaucilla Cemetary Battle
- Ambush in Cairo
Two really cool sets with awesome Minifigures.

And three weeks ago I finally got my Sideshow 12" Indy. A fantastic Figure.

ROB98374

Mitchellhallock said:
I am looking to finish my Young Indiana Jones novels and have been trying to find #10 and #11... the Durango and Face of Dragon books...

any suggestions -- I have done searches on eBay, ABE Books, Amazon and found nothing... I am not fussy about condition.. it just bugs me as I sit and write this (and Indy-Cast and Raider.net articles) the books sit next to me on a shelf missing those editions... it just reminds me that the collection is missing those two books!

They have book #10 on Amazon. The lowest price is $33
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679849262/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

They have book #11 on Amazon. The lowest price is $28
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679850929/spacecoasthidden/

Stoo

Today:
-"Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" novel (paperback)
-Dark Horse Omnibus "Further Adventures of IJ" #1 (Have all the originals but bought it anyway)
-"Tomb of the Gods" #4
-pre-ordered Dark Horse's "Indiana Jones Adventures" #2

Now, I'm off to read all 4 issues of "Tomb of Gods" back-to-back...:)

kevblee

Peril at Delphi is one of the best Indy novels out there.....and I've read all of them but maybe two. Very true to his character...well written and a fast read.

Saber79

I just landed a vintage Sallah figure from 1982. Mint condition! Pretty cheap at $18.

Only 4 figures left to complete my vintage collection! :whip:

indyclone25

just found the flying wing toy from the disney mgm studios at a flea market ---had to pay 15 bucks for it but it was mint condition ,