Young Indiana Jones Chronicles McDonald's promo

They must have released those movies either in the spring or early summer of '91. I graduated high school and was working at McDonald's at the time. I stopped when I went to college that fall and remember having the buttons, posters and bought the videos. It might have even been earlier in the year, but I know it couldn't have been after August at the latest since that's when I quit.

Interesting I found this
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON DEC. 20, 1991--Paramount Home Video's Indiana Jones promotion with McDonald's (VB, 12-13-91) has won praise from distributors. But it has sparked some concern among dealers and the Video Software Dealers Assn., who fear that the drastically reduced pricing will undermine the value of their product.

This week, McDonald's was to begin a promotion during which the fast-food chain would sell each of the three movies in the Indiana Jones series for $5.99 with the purchase of food items that could cost as little as 99 cents. Although the advertised promotion will run for three weeks, McDonald's will continue to offer the tapes until the end of January, when it must return all unsold tapes to Paramount. Before the trilogy went.

from
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5057/is_200510/ai_n18407887/?tag=content;col1

So it seems that it was December, I must have been working on break.

AnnieJones

According to the poster below and according to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Indiana_Jones_Chronicles ,the show premiered Wednesday,March 4,1992,at 8/7 Central on ABC.
Tvyoungindcro.jpg

AnnieJones

My sister told me that she saw these videos years ago and the commercials on them.She said that there was a Disney Parks Indy Show commercial as well.You know the Indy show that they put on and people sit and watch.Anyway,I was just wondering if there are any more commercials on those videos,would you be able to put them on YouTube.Pleeeeeeeeeese?

Stoo

Yes, that is excellent quality! Thanks for posting the link, Chuck!:hat: Whoever put this together did a slick job. The '99 VHS collection has a very strong copyguard on the tapes and I was never able to transfer the other 2 promos onto DVD.

Also, the puzzling shot in the McD's promo which I mentioned above...
0:22-0:23 - People disembarking boat. Looks like Venice. Where is this from???
...is a clip from "Last Crusade"! So this Young Indy promo uses footage from both "Crusade" and "Temple of Doom".

ATMachine

Lao_Che said:
Why isn't it George Hall's voice in the promo? The promo guy can be the voice of New Jersey Jones.
new_jersey_jones.gif
Personally, I like to think of the promo's voice actor as the voice of the alternate Old Indy from the 90's Dark Horse Young Indy comics (who, it should be noted, never lost an eye, and thus doesn't wear an eyepatch). :p

Hey, it makes as much sense as the other way. ;)

Great find, though. I do agree that this Old Indy sounds MUCH more like Harrison Ford. However, let's remember that George Hall wasn't just Canadian, he was also born during the WWI era, when Mid-Atlantic English was still very prominent among educated people in the US and Canada. As such, Hall's voice isn't at all unrealistic for a man of Indy's age, but it's certainly inconsistent with Harrison's portrayal.