Ancient aliens

Stoo

Matt deMille said:
That hasn't changed, Stoo. I'd still like proof. But proof is more than a Google search. Proof requires due-diligence, time, corroboration and confirmation. I was willing to give that time. Others weren't.

My accepting of the quick-answer from the con-side wouldn't be any more reasonable than you accepting the pro-UFO take from a few internet links. You clearly won't accept that. Why should I settle for anything less?
Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention:

If "that hasn't changed", then why are you trying to force people into *your* mind-set?:confused:

Matt deMille

Gabeed said:
Incidentally, Matt, could you lend a fortnight or two to see if there are other sources regarding ancient invasive mollusks building pyramids in the Great Lakes? .

And people discredit UFO investigation because they (the skeptics) automatically lump them in with tabloids and crackpots. And yet, here is a supposedly level-headed guy clearly muddying his argument with jokes and insults. The whole "invasive mollusks building pyramids" was a comment created out of sarcasm and we all know it, so don't even try to pretend you're being objective now. And by the way, such comments might make you feel good and a few might find them funny, but to anyone serious, they just make you look more the unreasonable one.

Stoo said:
If "that hasn't changed", then why are you trying to force people into *your* mind-set?:confused:

I'm not. Since you seem to like to cite past references in this thread, have you forgotten that I said many, many times that I DON'T want people to take my word for it or believe me because I said it? That I PREFERRED people simply get curious and then go inform themselves? Oh, that's right. My encouraging others NOT to believe me and do their own homework was met with ridicule and sarcasm about how I'm unable to provide facts. I suppose if I HAD provided those facts, then I'd be accused even more of trying to make people believe what I believe.

And you guys wonder why I scorn your mind-set? Why I call it a rigged game?

For what it's worth, I'm just trying to get people OUT of THEIR very narrow, very tunnel-like view of things. Happens all the time in history. The establishment gets comfortable and starts getting tunnel vision, then someone has to open things up again. And you guys are doing the same thing that people in the past did (which is totally unscientific, by the way): Kill the messenger.

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I'm just hoping that the research has been done on how Galileo died, because it wasn't at the hands of the Establishment.

And I agree that the mollusks satire has worn itself rather thin by now.

Finn

Staff member
Matt deMille said:
For what it's worth, I'm just trying to get people OUT of THEIR very narrow, very tunnel-like view of things. Happens all the time in history. The establishment gets comfortable and starts getting tunnel vision, then someone has to open things up again.
You've said you're not a fan of religion, yet this sounds awful lot like a need to preach. How's that different?

Sure, you may think you're working for better things than they do, but it's still a tainted cause if your methods are from the same playbook.

While the history you refer to knows a plenty of transitional figures, the truth is that there's not a single case where one-man crusade against the man has been successful. Every new thing has always had a solid base of followers even before breaking into the public consciousness. And those early converts by the rule have been products of a passive process; they've reached their conclusions by examining the society all by themselves. When the amount of these "passive converts" reaches a critical mass, the rest stuck in their views keel over.

If people are to adopt the idea of extraterrestial visitors, it will happen in its due time even if you don't try to rock the boat at all. On the contrary, being too vocal about it might just be something that's hurting the cause more than advancing it.

WillKill4Food

ResidentAlien said:
Do a search and you shall see that we used to have a crackpot who called himself a protege of Von Daniken who would post here.
Yes, Giorgio Tsoukalos. I remember discussing the topic with him in some old threads, but since that time the Raven has cleaned out old topics. Does anyone remember the username Mr. Tsoukalos went by?

Before you tell me, I've already asked Sam Earch about it, but the instance of his name is in so many threads that it would be hard to figure out just which one he revealed his identity in.

EDIT: He went by "Legendary Times." I found it, finally.

Gabeed

NOOOOOOO!!!! YOU MUST NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!

my_074ErickAvariOdedFehr.jpg

The ancient astronauts told you to forget this thread, or die. You refused, and now you may have killed us all. For you have unleashed the thread that we have feared for more than . . .two months. No mortal weapons can kill this thread. It is not of this world.

otto rahn

Just a point with the "Columbus discovered America" thing. Anyone who has done any research can find dozens of references to arrivals of other explorers in America before Columbus. Not all of them may be accurate of course (Gavin Menzies failed to convince me of a Chinese discovery of the American west coast for example) but there are plenty of stories out there and SOME of them might be true (Leif Ericcson circa 1000 A D for example). The important point about Columbus' discovery is that it led, fairly quickly, to the invasion and conquest of large parts of the Americas by Europeans, wheras earlier discoveries didn't. The same thing happened in Australia. We have proof (in the form of an engraved plate in a museum) that the Dutch got to Australia by 1606 at the latest, but it wasn't until Cook's discovery of the East coast in 1770 and the subsequesnt settlement 18 years later that any European countries took an interest in Australia.

Gabeed

Right. I think that those who were taught that Columbus discovered America in school were the victims of a pragmatic simplification of American history, not a lie. I'm constantly baffled by those who try to argue for earlier discoveries of the New World (particularly the Kensington Runestone, and Menzies comes to mind too), like they think that the importance of discovering the New World was discovering it FIRST, when the importance really lies in the IMPACT the explorer had upon discovering the New World. For a condensed, high school education in the history of the Americas, every conceivable explorer before Columbus is irrelevant, because it's only as a direct result of Columbus that widespread colonization and knowledge of the New World ensued. So while it's sad that public schools have to be so brief and general with regards to history, "OH NOES I WAS LIED TO IN SCHOOL ORTHODOX HISTORY IS A CONSPIRACY" is not a valid argument.

teampunk

no, this thread was dead. why bring it back? let it die.... just kidding. let's talk about ancient aliens. i don't see it, but i'm willing to admit that it might be possible. but what if they came here before people and a t-rex ate them? maybe that is why they sent an astroid to destroy them.:D

Montana Smith

Gabeed said:
Right. I think that those who were taught that Columbus discovered America in school were the victims of a pragmatic simplification of American history, not a lie.

It was based on what was believed to be fact at the time, so yes it's not technically a lie.

Archaeological evidence has grown, giving much more credence to the Viking Chronicles about their 're-discovery' of Vineland. There's more evidence for their arrival than there is of Aliens.

Gabeed said:
I'm constantly baffled by those who try to argue for earlier discoveries of the New World (particularly the Kensington Runestone, and Menzies comes to mind too), like they think that the importance of discovering the New World was discovering it FIRST, when the importance really lies in the IMPACT the explorer had upon discovering the New World. For a condensed, high school education in the history of the Americas, every conceivable explorer before Columbus is irrelevant, because it's only as a direct result of Columbus that widespread colonization and knowledge of the New World ensued. So while it's sad that public schools have to be so brief and general with regards to history, "OH NOES I WAS LIED TO IN SCHOOL ORTHODOX HISTORY IS A CONSPIRACY" is not a valid argument.

And let's not forget the native Americans, who had long occupied the Americas before the arrival of Europeans. The real conspiracy has been promoting America as "the land of the free", when that freedom was at the expense of taking the land away from original inhabitants. Colonialism turning into imperialism, which was in the image of similar European expansion in Africa and India.

Gabeed said:
Right. I think that those who were taught that Columbus discovered America in school were the victims of a pragmatic simplification of American history, not a lie.

One more thing, that pragmatic simplification lasted as long as I was still willing to wear crayon colored paperbag costumes and celebrate Thanksgiving dancing in a circle singing the Mickey Mouse Club, (in a classroom that had it's own bathroom).

That we still engage this idiotic discussion, (the bottlenecked co-opt of a stand up act regarding imperialism as a proof) shows the sordid level of "evidence" supporting the Ancient Alien Assertion...

Montana Smith said:
It was based on what was believed to be fact at the time,
By backwards feeble-minded birdbrained defectives and dopey dumbbells. By half-witted, lamebrained, mentally defective, imbeciles, and moronic, subnormal, slow-witted numbskulls.

You know, retards.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
That we still engage this idiotic discussion, (the bottlenecked co-opt of a stand up act regarding imperialism as a proof) shows the sordid level of "evidence" supporting the Ancient Alien Assertion...

The European conquest of America became immortalized in The War of the Worlds, and that's about as far as evidence for ancient aliens goes.

The invisible bullets of the common cold killed the fictional aliens, whereas it was the European germs that killed native Americans.

And if anybody knows what I'm talking about, please let me know, as I have no idea where I am or how I got here.

The annotated RS would be helpful here.

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
The European conquest of America became immortalized in The War of the Worlds, and that's about as far as evidence for ancient aliens goes.

The invisible bullets of the common cold killed the fictional aliens, whereas it was the European germs that killed native Americans.

Only backwards. In real life, the invaders won.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Only backwards. In real life, the invaders won.

Yeah. That's the one.

Wonder what became of Matt deMille. Did we really "kill the messenger"?

Without him this thread isn't much fun.

We're condemned to wander around like headless chickens without a purpose.

Maybe he's on special assignment uncovering evidence.

Montana Smith said:
Wonder what became of Matt deMille. Did we really "kill the messenger"?

Without him this thread isn't much fun.

We're condemned to wander around like headless chickens without a purpose.

Maybe he's on special assignment uncovering evidence.
Oh God Please! His "message" was the opposite of the Interdimentional Beings. They were a hive mind, if you belive Spalko's intuition, (would still be around if it were reliable, eh?). She wanted to know and she was told. We wanted to know and got 13 ever changing stories. Entertaining, but maddening.

Now, more interesting than that would be the fate of a different Alien. In my experience the three month banishment would have been followed by a see you next year sentence...

Were ancient aliens the demise of our own Resident Alien?

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Oh God Please! His "message" was the opposite of the Interdimentional Beings. They were a hive mind, if you belive Spalko's intuition, (would still be around if it were reliable, eh?). She wanted to know and she was told. We wanted to know and got 13 ever changing stories. Entertaining, but maddening.

I miss the madness. It was, literally... mad.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Now, more interesting than that would be the fate of a different Alien. In my experience the three month banishment would have been followed by a see you next year sentence...

Were ancient aliens the demise of our own Resident Alien?

"Mistah Kurtz, he dead."