Watch this classic scene

oki9Sedo

Watch this classic scene: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rR9-_nxNlg4

Now imagine this man doing it: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz...tml?path=pgallery&path_key=Ford, Harrison (I)

Lets look at this logically. Harrison Ford doing a fight scene like that is absolutely out of the question, agreed? Okay. So doing an action-oriented Indy is out of the question too, agreed? Okay. So the only thing left to do is to shift the focus from action to character and story. In which case Indy IV will not be an Indiana Jones film. So whats the point?

Last edited:

Garrett

oki9Sedo said:

Now imagine this man doing it: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz...tml?path=pgallery&path_key=Ford, Harrison (I)

Lets look at this logically. Harrison Ford doing a fight scene like that is absolutely out of the question, agreed? Okay. So doing an action-oriented Indy is out of the question too, agreed? Okay. So the only thing left to do is to shift the focus from action to character and story. In which case Indy IV will not be an Indiana Jones film. So whats the point?

yeah. who cares. thanks for posting though.

Not a big deal. He is still very capable,although they should make part 5 at the same time so we get two out of one shoot,like what they did with Back to the future 2 and 3 at the same time, when Michael J fox was getting too old

oki9Sedo

ninepinejones said:
Not a big deal. He is still very capable,although they should make part 5 at the same time so we get two out of one shoot,like what they did with Back to the future 2 and 3 at the same time, when Michael J fox was getting too old

I'm pretty sure Indy V is out of the question. It'd take them years to find a good enough screenplay, by which time Harrison will be beyond too old. He was too old five years ago.

They could use the Darabont script for part 5. Harrison is not too old, you will see when hes kickin ass on the silver screen in 2008. Even Sean Connery's not too old, he could still be a better bond than the new guy.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
What's so great about the Darabont script, you haven't even read it. How do you know it isn't as awful as all the other old scripts like Monkey King and Saucer Men from Mars? BttF and PotC had a complete story around them so they could be shot at the same time, but this time it's different.
oki9Sedo said:
Harrison Ford doing a fight scene like that is absolutely out of the question, agreed?
No.

Gustav

oki9Sedo said:
Harrison Ford doing a fight scene like that is absolutely out of the question, agreed? Okay. So doing an action-oriented Indy is out of the question too, agreed? Okay. So the only thing left to do is to shift the focus from action to character and story.

Look at you thinking you've got all the answers. You have to give us a chance to agree first. And no I don't agree.

Eric Solo

The Point

oki9Sedo said:

We'll see what the point is in 2008.

H_Donovan

I don't think Harrison will be fighting as much in this movie as he he did in the first three for obvious reasons. I hope he gets a chance to do something, as if its done right, it can be good. I don't think its a bad idea for him to hit the gym to prepare for the movie though.

Also, does anyone else think he'd wouldn't look quite as aged if he didn't cut his hair so short? Hopefully he wears it longer like he used and like he did in the first 3 films for this one.

misnomer

well

frank darabont adapted and directed The Shawshank Redemption and was involved with young indy. I'm pretty sure his script was better than monkey king.

oki9Sedo

misnomer said:
frank darabont adapted and directed The Shawshank Redemption and was involved with young indy. I'm pretty sure his script was better than monkey king.

Steven Spielberg loved the script.

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
There's a chance that Darabont's screenplay had the same MacGuffin than Koepp's script. Did Darabont ever mention his MacGuffin? It's not even "his" MacGuffin but George Lucas'. And Lucas already mentioned how hard it was to find 1 good MacGuffin.

A screenplay is so much more complicated than a basic story. You could write 2 completely different screenplays (locations, events, characters) based on the same story idea, the same MacGuffin.

oki9Sedo

Bjorn Heimdall said:
I watched the scene, and I think Harrison Ford could pull this off easily. It's actually not that physical at all.

I know its not, thats not what I meant. Harrison could do all the stuff in that scene now, but he wouldn't look half as good doing it.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
We were discussing if Harrison Ford could run around futuristic airplanes punching gigantic boxer-mechanics, not if he would look like a handsome 38-year-old while doing it.

fedoraboy

oki9Sedo said:
I know its not, thats not what I meant. Harrison could do all the stuff in that scene now, but he wouldn't look half as good doing it.

But nobody of 65 is gonna look as good as they did at 38, but ford will look a damn site better than pretty much any other 65 year old I can think of.

Although the film was pretty poor Ford handled the action scenes in Firewall really well (admittedly this will have been filmed 2 years before Indy 4 starts production) and that was under some ****e director, not a master like spielberg.

All we need Ford for is the close up stuff, a stunt man can do the rest.

And so what if there isn't quite as much action on screen, as long as Ford plays Indy AS Indy I'd pay to see him, better an older Indy than no Indy at all...

ninepinejones said:
They could use the Darabont script for part 5. Harrison is not too old, you will see when hes kickin ass on the silver screen in 2008. Even Sean Connery's not too old, he could still be a better bond than the new guy.

Agreed. I for one think Sean Connery, even at 76, could quite easily defeat Daniel Craig, 38, using fists or selected weapons.

And as for Harrison, well he is a very strong man indeed. Do not underestimate the mighty power of ageing hollywood actors.

oki9Sedo

replican't said:
Agreed. I for one think Sean Connery, even at 76, could quite easily defeat Daniel Craig, 38, using fists or selected weapons.

Don't be ridiculous. Craig is in peak physical condition, Connery is not. 38-year old Connery would have killed Craig in a fight, but not Connery as he is now.

replican't said:
And as for Harrison, well he is a very strong man indeed. Do not underestimate the mighty power of ageing hollywood actors.

I was never talking about Harrison's fitness. I'm sure he can bench press close to what he could bench back in '84. He just won't look half as good doing it.

oki9Sedo

VP said:
We were discussing if Harrison Ford could run around futuristic airplanes punching gigantic boxer-mechanics, not if he would look like a handsome 38-year-old while doing it.

But he won't look half as good doing it. It won't feel like Indiana Jones.