Archeology of the 1950's

Pale Horse

Staff member
What do we got? Plus or minus a few years.

Dead Sea Scrolls (gnotics including Eden location in detail and the Bible)

Radio Carbon Dating (could come into play)

Linear B (cyphers)

Pylos (???)

Jerico (???)

Sardis (end times-Revelation)

Mayans and Chitzen Itza. (how ever you spell it, it's early)

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Good point for a new thread, Pale Horse...

I can't contribute anything to that topic but I will sit still and LEARN...

Johnny Nys

Had an idea about that some time ago, trying to combine the time frame with the "too connected" remark by Lucas:

In the 1950's a major temple to the Moon-god was excavated at Hazor in Palestine. Two idols of the Moon-god were found, proving that the Allah which Muslims around the world worship as the only true God was a pre-Islamic pagan deity. Photos at the escavation of Allah sitting on a throne show the crescent moon, the symbol of the Islamic faith. Yet these Moon-god statues were made long before the Islamic faith was founded.

Johnny Nys said:
Had an idea about that some time ago, trying to combine the time frame with the "too connected" remark by Lucas:

In the 1950's a major temple to the Moon-god was excavated at Hazor in Palestine. Two idols of the Moon-god were found, proving that the Allah which Muslims around the world worship as the only true God was a pre-Islamic pagan deity. Photos at the escavation of Allah sitting on a throne show the crescent moon, the symbol of the Islamic faith. Yet these Moon-god statues were made long before the Islamic faith was founded.

Yeah man, have Indy beat some confused muslim ass! Throw in a few heartless communists and a bird with nice bristols and you got me from the opening credits!

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Nys

Yeah man, have Indy beat some confused muslim ass! Throw in a few heartless communists and a bird with nice bristols and you got me from the opening credits!

lol

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The double helix, 1953. Not very applicable yet, but one might save human remains for eventual genealogical DNA testing. To find links to: the seven daughters of Eve, Y-chromosomal Aaron, the ten lost tribes of Israel, etc.

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Archeology of the 1950's: What do we got?

Increased mobility caused in part by a surplus of WWII planes and improvements in aviation as a result of the war???

From Harrison Ford's Wikipedia article:

Harrison Ford flies his De Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver (N28S) more than any of his other aircraft, and though he dislikes showing favoritism, he has repeatably stated that he likes this aircraft and the sound of its Pratt & Whitney 985 radial engine. He uses it regularly for impromptu fly-ins at remote airports, and bush strips, as well as gatherings with other Beaver owners and pilots.

250px-De_Havilland_Canada_DHC-2_Beaver_%28N130WA%29.jpg

The article mentions that Ford keeps most of his aircraft in Santa Monica, which is just up the road from Long Beach. I wonder what the chances are that we see an Indy that has finally mastered the art of flying -- and that he now uses said skill to aid his chosen profession. . . . and perhaps his plane is kept in Long Beach. I can see Pulp Fiction type buzz generated from the use of Ford's own plane in the film -- also, an action sequence on a plane could be easier for a guy's Ford's age. Biggest reason why this won't happen? Ford flying a similar plane in Six Days Seven Nights or whatever the heck that movie was that I didn't see with Anne Heche.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure we'll see Indy flying/stealing a plane in this next outing, greater mobility and more locations. Archaeology was changing in the 50's from excavation to survey, which is definitely slower and less exciting. Hopefully Indy will break the rules, because he's in a hurry. If Ford owns a 50-year-old plane he'll probably lobby for its inclusion. Unless they're going to thrash it.

I wish we could read ToJ's commentary on those bush pilot and beaver owner gatherings...

any beaver gathering sounds good to me;)

Back to the thread subject
1.The Stolen Tesla Papers,1952....Invisibility(stealth warfare and interdimensional travel)
2. Anything Mayan
3.anything Celtic or Druid,the 1950's archeoligists discovered alot of Celtic and Mayan Ruins
4. Roswell 1947-close enough(and no comments about the freakin saucerman story,ok,..Junior)
5. DNA code,unlocking the pattern of evolution,like Moedred mentioned. Although maybe Indy could Eat some mushrooms with a shaman in peru and contact an interdimensional being that takes Indy on a Charles Dickens esque tour of evolution,boy would Lucas have fun with his CGI on that one.

Hey Joe Brody, nice pics of the plane,I grew up flying,my fathers a pilot.

Last edited:

Rae-deemer

Moedred said:
I'm pretty sure we'll see Indy flying/stealing a plane in this next outing, greater mobility and more locations. Archaeology was changing in the 50's from excavation to survey, which is definitely slower and less exciting. Hopefully Indy will break the rules, because he's in a hurry. If Ford owns a 50-year-old plane he'll probably lobby for its inclusion. Unless they're going to thrash it.

I wish we could read ToJ's commentary on those bush pilot and beaver owner gatherings...

TOJ has said that the key is to land directly in the bush and at an erect angle...:p

Pale Horse

Staff member
Moedred said:
The double helix, 1953. Not very applicable yet, but one might save human remains for eventual genealogical DNA testing. To find links to: the seven daughters of Eve, Y-chromosomal Aaron, the ten lost tribes of Israel, etc.

Ah yes, Jacob's Ladder. Very interesting.....

64 codons were discovered. What is very interesting about these 64 codons in DNA is that the Taoist's from China created a many wonderous things,one of them was the I Ching,which is a book with 64 Hexagrams revealing how the universe communes with man and how man can learn to live in balance with the flow of everchanging nature. The Taoists believed that these 64 attributes where in everything and without anything. The one credited for discovering the 64 pattern in all manifested things was a Taoist monk who when meditating in the deep forest gazed upon the back of a turtle and saw the 64 hexagrams in the turtles shell. The turtle became a symbol of the universe for the chinese around this same era which was thousands of years ago. Later on mathemiticians started studying the I Ching and joined with scientists and software engineers to design a computer program based on the I Ching's 64 hexagrams and how they relate to other mathmatical configurations. Interestingly when they put the winter solstice dates into the computer the I Ching could be used as an accurate calendar to determine all sorts of natural phenomena such as the the gregorian calendar having moon phases many months before it happens. This I Ching calendar ends though on a certain date and will no longer seem to be accurate after that date,that date is 2012!!!! :)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I think 2012 is the invasion date according to the X-files finale... I thought they were just buying time to make a sequel or two.

Maybe we'll see a room-sized vacuum tube computer analyzing punch card data like in Saucer Men. An early Commodore 64!

2012 is a very popular date amongst ufologists. Invasion is the least popular theory amongst believers although perfect for the x-files. See this whole 2012 ordeal is about early calender systems such as The ancient Aztec,Mayan,Hopi,Yaqui, and Chinese(I Ching Calendar), these calenders all look similar and all of them have the end of time as Dec 21st, 2012. Now X-files got there invasion pitch from the same place Alien vs. Predator did. See years ago archeoligists and certain scholars were trying to figure out how the ancient wonders of the world were built,especially because some of them seemed like they could have only been built if they had guidance from an overview perspective. Carvings and glyphs revealed advanced astrology and spacecraft looking objects chiseled into stone. I have seen a Celtic burial ground in Ireland that was 5000 years old and had ufo looking glyphs carved into the ancient stone, a hole was carved above the low entrance and every winter solstice the light would enter the chasm and illuminate it for 21 seconds. The Celtics were masters at astrology and stone structures like stonehedge. Legends say the Druids (the Merlin Order,wizards of the forest)were the makers of these Celtic stone Circles and that they could move huge pieces of stone with their joined focused chanting and mind power, similar to the myth of the Menehune stone workers of Kauai(who I met a descendant of) that dissapeared 160 years ago. The Druids said when they would do their magic in the forest giant orbs of ball lightning(exactly what Nikola Tesla was able to make in his Lab,ie: a Tesla Ball) would form,the weather would shift and mist would come about suddenly as these orbs of light would take on life and fly about in and out of the clouds.The Scotish folklore tales of the Fairy and elf doing there work with nature at night brought similar stories. Although when numerous sightings were reported over Mayan ruins in Mexico in the early 1990's of flying orb like objects and then thousands of sightings over the ruins in Mexico City,people,especailly ufo fanatics thought that since the ancient sites seemed to be built with the help of some higher guiding force and the ancient calendars found within these structures end on 2012 and the spacecraft glyphs with the recent boom in ufo sightings launched the so called "2012 invasion"theory. I think the Fairy folk slipped into the mist when the Christians came to town and declared that the communing with Fairy,Pan or any nature spirit was deemed satanic, that the fairy went into hiding from humans and devised their own technology for interdimensional travel while their counterparts in nature which is us the fumbling humans we create not a cool cloudscraper but a gas guzzling co2 burping Humvee. But now as we get close to 2012 we will be reunited with our intergalactic or interdimensional brothers and sisters and move into the future with greater understanding of the universe around us. I think Indy would find this DNA,I Ching,Merlin Magic,2012 invasion mystery very interesting and would make a great Indy 4 flick set in the 50's.:hat: To understand more about 2012 look under the archeology forum that Pale Horse started about this subject,its wondeful how the DNA 64 codons fits into all of this through the connection of the I Ching.

Tennessee R

Johnny Nys said:

Good thought, Johnny Nys.

The statue is of a seated male, he is holding a bowl, and is wearing a crescent necklace.

Yes, some do believe that this is indeed a pre-curser to allah.
However, because the figure has a bowl in his hand, some believe that this is just a priest of the Moon-god, (sin, or one of the forms, etc.)

I don't know which is more accurate, but there are points on either side, as I mentioned the bowl (a priest's offering to the god?), but the fact that the figure is seated might indicate that it is of a supreme being, or a god of authority.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
ninepinejones said:
the fairy went into hiding from humans and devised their own technology for interdimensional travel
Best post I've read in quite some time, 9pine.