Chuck Heston is Indiana Jones...

The Drifter

This man would have made one badass older Indiana Jones!
CitySlickers30.jpeg

Stoo

That is a pretty cool video. Most of the clips were from "Secret of the Incas" but the most intriguing of the other clips are the one with the Ark and one with the skull! Where are these from?:confused:

(Anyway, I can't wait to show you folks something similar that I made. It's a shot-by-shot retelling of the first 13 minutes of "Raiders" using clips from almost 30 different films between 1919-1973. I've been working on it for years and am only missing a couple of shots. A bit more tweaking and it's almost finished!)

Lance Quazar

Yeah, I was less than impressed with this if only because using "Secret of the Incas" makes it too easy.

But I'm also very curious about which film had the ark in it!

Stoo

One very, brief shot is from the 1937 "King Solomon's Mines", the boulders shots are "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and there are 3 or 4 shots of Chuck from, I think, "The Greatest Show On Earth". The rest....:confused:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Lonsome_Drifter said:
This man would have made one badass older Indiana Jones!
CitySlickers30.jpeg

Hell, yes!

Certainly not the George Hall Old Indy that's for sure, and though I do like the YIJC Old Indy stuff, it would seem perhaps more appropriate for Old Indy to be like the aging tough cowboy, than the domesticated docile professor he is portrayed as in YIJC.

Though I guess that depends on your interpretation of the man: Is he the adventurer Indiana Jones or is he Professor Henry Jones, Jnr, really?

It seems if YIJC (with bookends) was to be any indication, then I guess Lucas sees the "real" Indy as Professor Henry Jones, Jnr.

James Byrne

Best spoof yet!

Ossadawn posted this spoof of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (1951) onto my guestbook page of my site, for which I thank him.

http://www.secretoftheincas.co.uk

Thought it was absolutely amazing, very inventive and totally entertaining. Well done to the guy who created it, whoiseyean.

Stoo

Falcon said:
David and Bathsheba (1951)
Thanks, Falcon. The video that StoneTriple posted reveals that title as well as "The Screaming Skull" for the other intriguing clip. The Peter Lorre bits are also a mystery but don't really reflect anything in "Raiders". Even so, he looks so young in this film. Could it be "M"? (Been a long time since I've seen it.)

@James Byrne
Wait until you see what I've cooked up! I think you'll like it.:D

deckard24

That was a great video! I love how all of a sudden Anthony Quinn was in the end credits. LOL

One thing is for sure, it makes me want to give Secret of the Incas another go. The first time I saw it I really wasn't too crazy about it, but a second viewing might change that.

Stoo

James Byrne said:
Stoo, what have you been cooking?
Put me out of my misery ..... please!
Is it tasty?
Hi, James.:hat: As mentioned above, I've been in the kitchen for a long time (years) making a shot-by-shot retelling of the first 13 minutes of "Raiders" using clips from almost 30 different films between 1919-1973. The timing of the beats in each scene are almost dead-on. I'm only missing a couple of shots so, a bit more tweaking and it's almost finished!)

Is it tasty? You can bet your hat!

-Put 1 "Secret of Incas" into a large pot
-Pour in 2 litres of "Die Spinnen/Spiders". Bring to boil.
-Mix in 1/2 pound of "King Solomon's Mines"
-Add 2 tbps of "Watusi"
-Add 2 tbps of "Trader Horn"
-Stir in 3 cups of diced "Tarzan" films
-Pour in 1/2 litre of "Journey to the Center of the Earth"
-Add a dash of "The Naked Jungle"
-Season with a healthy mixture of various jungle flicks & B-movies. Suit to taste.
-Top with flakes of different cereals (Do you get it? Serials. Get it? Eh? Ha ha.:D)
-Serve while hot

deckard4 said:
One thing is for sure, it makes me want to give Secret of the Incas another go. The first time I saw it I really wasn't too crazy about it, but a second viewing might change that.
Like Ben Stiller said in Starsky & Hutch: "Do it.":whip:

Stoo said:
Thanks, Falcon. The video that StoneTriple posted reveals that title as well as "The Screaming Skull" for the other intriguing clip. The Peter Lorre bits are also a mystery but don't really reflect anything in "Raiders". Even so, he looks so young in this film. Could it be "M"? (Been a long time since I've seen it.)

@James Byrne
Wait until you see what I've cooked up! I think you'll like it.:D

It's not M. Not even remotely in anyway does it resemble M.

Stoo

Hey, Res. Didn't think so. It's just the earliest Peter Lorre film I could think of. (Yes, the subject matter of "M" is...well, it's...um...pretty bold for its time.:eek:)

Do you have any idea as to which Lorre movie was used here?

Stoo said:
Hey, Res. Didn't think so. It's just the earliest Peter Lorre film I could think of. (Yes, the subject matter of "M" is...well, it's...um...pretty bold for its time.:eek:)

Do you have any idea as to which Lorre movie was used here?

I was thinking Maltese Falcon but it's probably not that either...

Lemme have another look at the trailer.

EDIT

Yeah, definitely not Maltese Falcon either... hmmm..