When the YIJC comes out on DVD how well will they sell?

When the YIJC is released on DVD, how well will they sell?

• They will sell just as much as the IJ Trilogy on DVD did

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • They will sell extremely well

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • They will sell very well

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • They will sell some

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • They will hardly sell at all

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

HovitosKing

They won't do nearly as well as the Indy trilogy, but I can't speculate as to how well they actually will do. I, for one, will be buying the set when released.

Indydan13

I believe they will sell some because not everybody has seen it. I will most definitely be buying it for I watched it as a young child. My favorite is the Peacock's Eye...

Webley

They will sell just as much as the IJ Trilogy on DVD did
Thats the one I voted for these DVDs will sell like hot cakes.

Raffey

I'd buy it but I don't think they'd sell well, in general.

Now if they decide to put them out around the time Indy IV comes out that might be different.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
If Lucas can put together a good enough DVD I think that schools and educational institutions would be interested in them for "edutainment" uses.

Andy Jones

I'll definitely be buying them.

It's hard to say how well they will sell.

Don't think the videos sold that well as they never got round to releasing the rest of them. Only 10 of the 12 were released in the UK.

Also depends if they are released individually or in a whole package.

HovitosKing

Of course everyone who frequents the Raven will buy them, because we're die-hard Indy fans. Indiana Jones is one of the most successful film franchises of all time, though, because every average Joe loves Indiana Jones, even if he's not a die-harder.

No male on earth doesn't like Indiana Jones, and I'd speculate that most women like the films just as much. These are people who'd buy the Indy trilogy, but wouldn't really get into the whole YIJC series. No way possible that the YIJC set could come close to matching the original trilogy in sales. No way. Period.

Jordana

I don't think they'll be as popular as the film trilogy, but who knows? Perhaps it depends on how they organise the release. Most genre series like Star Trek, Buffy etc come in only in whole season box sets, which are usually very expensive overall, even if good value. I can never afford to buy these-I wish they'd also release individual DVDs with two or three eps on each one, so people could just own a few of their particular favourites.

Johan

I think they will do better than the VHS did because it will be in a complete set. I know I will buy it for sure...it might cost a fortune but like any Ture Indy Fan I will still fork out the money.

Whipper

I'm out of touch. Is there any information available about this DVD set? Content? Is there a timetable for its release yet?

What I Want is the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, Complete and Intact. What I Don't want is a DVD transfer of the re-edited mess that was the Young Indy VHS set.

If it's the YIJC, I'll buy it on day one. If it's the latter, I might never buy it.

I want the Original format. Episodic. Original title sequence. Old Indy bookends and narration. The real show, the way it was. The VHS re-edits, redubs, and attempts at new shoehorned bridging material simply sucked.

Junior Jones

80 jones said:
YIJC will harldy sell at all because it's crap!

The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was hardly crap.

The series was well made. It had good directors, good writers, and (mostly) good actors. The sets and locations really brought the time period and places to life. The music was great and the production values still surpass most shows made today, 12 years later.

You can say "I didn't like it", "It wasn't the real Indiana Jones", etc. But you can't say it was crap.

thetrackmaster

Going on the basis that, it was a TV series ment to educate people about history. I would rather watch that and learn about it, than from a book or a teacher, wouldnt you?

McSeem

I don't like new version of series, where one episode contain two episodes without old Indy scenes. When you watch second half of episode, you forget what was the first half about. I hope that DVD will include original YIJC, and not the AIJ.

And, of course, DVD must contain one bonus disk with interviews, documentary and other good stuff.

Dittomom

Does anyone have a date?

Does anyone have a date when the Young Indy series will be released on DVD? I have three young sons that would LOVE this for Christmas! As a homeschool mother I hear they are pretty educational too!