What is the probability of Indy V being made?

Will Indy V be made?

• Yes

Votes: 59 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.4%

• Total voters

Indy's brother

Violet Indy said:
One wants to go on into the future, another wants to go to the past. Also depending on the setting, what era of B-movie do you base it on? Sci Fi's been done, so do you do a monster movie like "Creature from the Black Lagoon"? Something of the horror B-movie genre?

How about "Indiana Jones and the Attack of the 50ft Hovito!" That covers all the bases...

(I know I'm replying to a month-old post, but I've been gone for a while)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indy's brother said:
How about "Indiana Jones and the Attack of the 50ft Hovito!" That covers all the bases...

(I know I'm replying to a month-old post, but I've been gone for a while)

You know, they had their chance with over-sized creatures (yes, I'm thinking the Siafu ants and the film "Them!"). Actually, they should have had the big ants running around Doomtown to pay homage to "Them!". Actually, "Them!" was quite an enjoyable film, if I may say so. I confess though, I'm a junkie for classic B-movies.

Or how about, "Attack of the Mutant Lead Lined Fridge!" :p

TheMutt92

Crusade>Raiders said:
If they can't do it before 2011, I don't want it at all.

May 2012 is as late as I wann see this thing get released. I mean, for the most part, I'm content w/ the series as it is. I think KOTCS works well as an extended farewell to our favorite archaeologist.

Forbidden Eye

As can be seen on the documentary on the KOTCS DVD, Harrison was really the driving force for a fourth Indiana Jones movie. As long as he is up for it(and he seems to be based on the interviews thus far), it's definitely a go some point in the future.

Lucas of course will jump on board, and it has been reported that Spielberg has officially warmed up to the potential this franchise still has left. So I guess all we're waiting on is a script. It'll be interesting to see who writes the script.

Dewy9

Harrison is like the reverse of dogs. Him at 70 is like a normal person at 58 or 60. He looks great and everything that happened in KOTCS was believable in consideration of his age. Ex: he wasn't being dragged from a car. In KOTCS, the big action scenes were car chases, which I thought worked great. Paul Newman was racing cars with men 1/4th his age shortly before his death, and it's something that would allow Indy to still be involved in thrilling action scenes. One thing that they didn't do in KOTCS, IMO, was put Indy in real danger, but that's a very minor quibble.

monkey

For....literally......years, I said that they'd never make Indy IV.

So I'm probably jinxing Indy V by saying...........YES, I think they'll make it.

deckard24

Well they better going soon considering Ford's advancing age and Spielberg's multiple projects over the next few years! Spielberg is apparently working on Tintin, Lincoln, and Interstellar over the next several years which could possibly tie him up until 2011-2012. Not to mention the pre-production(concept design, set design, location scouting, wardrobe and props, casting, etc..) for a film as big as Indy V would take some serious time! Unless Spielberg puts Interstellar on hold, lets Peter Jackson take over the brunt of the work for Tintin, and is able to knock Lincoln out quick...I don't know?

muttjones

deckard24 said:
Unless Spielberg puts Interstellar on hold, lets Peter Jackson take over the brunt of the work for Tintin, and is able to knock Lincoln out quick...I don't know?

he doesnt want to do that.

I am very positive about Indy 5. I feel no doubt that they will make it and not only will they make it but I think Spielberg takes alot to heart as far as fans go and will make the last Indy episode grittier and will end it with something that is comparable to LC's sunrise ending,they wouldnt end the series with the wedding,Spielberg said they left it opened ended for another one. Awesome.....Awesome......Awesome......:whip:

Snap

Way before I even heard of anyone mentioning indy V. My uncle told me Steven S. was going to make 2 more after kotcs. Since my uncle has collected comics since he was kid and knows so much about this kinda stuff, it really didn't suprise me to find out that george lucas is working on indy V. This makes me believe that my uncle was right, and that there will eventually be an indy VI

jamiestarr

I look forward to Indy 5.

My only complaint is this: Why the hell wait so long?

Seriously, they should have kept on every 3-5 years after Last Crusade and done it like 007. Indiana Jones is one of THE great characters of all time and has been criminally underused. I am glad the big three have a newfound passion for Dr. Jones--where was it in 1992?

deckard24

jamiestarr said:
I look forward to Indy 5.

My only complaint is this: Why the hell wait so long?

Seriously, they should have kept on every 3-5 years after Last Crusade and done it like 007. Indiana Jones is one of THE great characters of all time and has been criminally underused. I am glad the big three have a newfound passion for Dr. Jones--where was it in 1992?
Yeah it would have made more sense to have made a film around 92' when Ford was in the tail end of his prime making films like Patriot Games and The Fugitive! They could have then made one in 95' and 98' when Ford was still a lot younger and the room for stretching the character further was there! Just imagine how many great stories they could have made with a younger Ford? It's not that Ford wasn't great in KOTCS, it's just a shame that the 50 something year old Ford from the 90's was horribly underused and instead wasted on other films.

jamiestarr

deckard24 said:
Yeah it would have made more sense to have made a film around 92' when Ford was in the tail end of his prime making films like Patriot Games and The Fugitive! They could have then made one in 95' and 98' when Ford was still a lot younger and the room for stretching the character further was there! Just imagine how many great stories they could have made with a younger Ford? It's not that Ford wasn't great in KOTCS, it's just a shame that the 50 something year old Ford from the 90's was horribly underused and instead wasted on other films.

Exactly! When Indy is mentioning his adventures with Mac in Crystal Skull, it made me sad that we didn't get to see any of those....

deckard24

jamiestarr said:
Exactly! When Indy is mentioning his adventures with Mac in Crystal Skull, it made me sad that we didn't get to see any of those....
I'm with you, everytime I watch Clear and Present Danger or Six Days and Seven Nights all I can think of is what could've been!

Indy's brother

The probability of Indy 5? Who can say for sure. All I know is that whenever Harrison Ford puts that hat on, a film legend comes to life. In a cinematic landscape that increasingly void of good or new ideas, and remakes seem to be crawling out of the woodwork like some infectious swarm of termites, we need more Indy!! The franchise has a lot of potential left in it, I say keep making them until Ford is unable to walk.