KOTCS-Harrison Ford's last portrayal

GW1976

So with Disney acquiring the rights and more or less shelving the franchise for the time being, it occurs to me that more then likely we have seen Harrison Ford's last portrayal as Indiana Jones.

It also seems inevitable that a new actor will at some point step in, be it in a reboot of the series, or in a sequel/prequel to the other movies. I am curious if anyone's feelings about KOTCS have changed knowing that it is perhaps last time HF plays IJ on the silver screen.

To me, I wish it had been a better showing. It just seems like it went out more with a whimper, then a bang. That's just my humble opinion.

Montana Smith

GW1976 said:
So with Disney acquiring the rights and more or less shelving the franchise for the time being, it occurs to me that more then likely we have seen Harrison Ford's last portrayal as Indiana Jones.

It also seems inevitable that a new actor will at some point step in, be it in a reboot of the series, or in a sequel/prequel to the other movies. I am curious if anyone's feelings about KOTCS have changed knowing that it is perhaps last time HF plays IJ on the silver screen.

To me, I wish it had been a better showing. It just seems like it went out more with a whimper, then a bang. That's just my humble opinion.

Never mind, some Disney tool like Shia LeHam will take over and make KOTCS look like a masterpiece. ;)

Montana Smith

GW1976 said:
Don't say that. They are probably trolling right now for ideas.

In hindsight it looks as though George already set it up for them.

KOTCS was a Disney-friendly movie, complete with cutesy animals, in which a Disney Channel actor plays with the idea of taking over the mantle of Indiana Jones.

It'll be okay as long as we assign all the new movies to the 'It never happened department'. :gun:

Dr. Gonzo

I've have been trying to figure out an appropriate thread to put Harrison Ford as Indiana jones "to rest" in, a funeral thread was once considered... was just waiting for the proper timing... and it seems like the time is right... and it seems like this is that thread finally.

The truth of the matter is that some of us realized a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away... [pun intended](y) ) that Kingdom was the last outing for Harry... but now hopefully this Disney news will help people to realize that there will be no Indiana Jones 5. At least not with Harrison Ford.

Even if Disney didn't have Marvel or the now planned third trilogy on it's plate for the next decade (that sounds approx right. 1 film every 2 to 3 years) the battle that would ensue with Paramount Pictures over the rights to Indiana Jones would be, well, paramount (another pun intended(y) ) It would get ugly and it seems Disney isn't even considering opening that can of worms for the time being.

Hopefully this was the nail in the coffin that some of you folks needed to hear, and I'm not trying to sound like a dick head here, it's just that I know what clinging onto a small hope and not getting any word on a project can do to people... with years of virtually no news -- people can get desperate.

It's time to lay this horse in the ground, cause it was beaten to death years ago... but only now do they smell the bloated and rotting corpse.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/euWfTiYwRB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kernunnos

Dr. Gonzo said:
It would get ugly and it seems Disney isn't even considering opening that can of worms for the time being.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't 'even considering'.

You don't get hold of a franchise like Indiana Jones and not consider what you could do with him. They might play their cards close to their chest to start off with, but they'll be wanting to make Indiana Jones movies. No doubt whatsoever about that.

I.M.J.

Kernunnos said:
I'd be very surprised if they weren't 'even considering'.

You don't get hold of a franchise like Indiana Jones and not consider what you could do with him. They might play their cards close to their chest to start off with, but they'll be wanting to make Indiana Jones movies. No doubt whatsoever about that.

Harrison is too iconic in the role... I could see them taking this to an animated series before a live action film again.

IndyBr

I.M.J. said:
Harrison is too iconic in the role... I could see them taking this to an animated series before a live action film again.

I hope so, I would hate to see an Indy movie without Harrison.