Honest Trailers KOTCS

Henry W Jones

Stoo said:
Well, "meant to be humourous" is the case in point, here. Like Vance said, this video is far too puerile to be funny. By it's very nature, the video dwells on petty details and is loaded to the brim with snark. Somthing like this isn't going to 'set the tone' for any kind of intellectual conversation.

There are a lot of people who find honest trailers funny. You and others come along and s4! t on it just because it was not up to your standards. It makes you come off as a pompous jerk. I'm sure you are a great guy but you need to stop being so uppity.

Stoo

Henry W Jones said:
There are a lot of people who find honest trailers funny. You and others come along and s4! t on it just because it was not up to your standards. It makes you come off as a pompous jerk. I'm sure you are a great guy but you need to stop being so uppity.
O.K. Wait a minute, Henry W. You were complaining about pettiness & snark so what is with this "pompous jerk" business?:confused: I shat on a fan-made trailer that shat on Indy 4 (even though I'm not big fan of "Skull"). Sorry if I don't think this video is funny but I am allowed to offer an opinion.

If being "up to standards" is the real issue, then people who endlessly criticize Indy 4 are 'uppity' & 'pompous jerks', too, because the film didn't meet their own high standards.

Please, let's not allow some stupid fan trailer (made by some pimple-faced, comic book geeks with bad body odour) to get between us.:cool:

Henry W Jones

Stoo said:
O.K. Wait a minute, Henry W. You were complaining about pettiness & snark so what is with this "pompous jerk" business?:confused: I shat on a fan-made trailer that shat on Indy 4 (even though I'm not big fan of "Skull"). Sorry if I don't think this video is funny but I am allowed to offer an opinion.

If being "up to standards" is the real issue, then people who endlessly criticize Indy 4 are 'uppity' & 'pompous jerks', too, because the film didn't meet their own high standards.

Please, let's not allow some stupid fan trailer (made by some pimple-faced, comic book geeks with bad body odour) to get between us.:cool:

No snark. Like I said, I'm sure you are a great guy. :hat: No bad blood between us either. We Cool. :cool: Your opinion is welcomed as well. I am just letting you know how it comes across. I actually have no time for getting snarky in internet conversations. I find it interesting how people get so uptight on this site. I have been a party to this behavior in the past but now avoid it all together. I did not say you were a pompous jerk, I said, that's how your repeative post trashing this video and anyone who might find it humorous comes across. Still friends?

kongisking

Stoo said:

In Henry's defense, Stoo, you got a horrible habit of coming across too vitriolic towards things you don't like. There are honestly days where I wonder if you ARE an a-hole. Who else goes around calling fans of something you don't like faggots, hmm?

Stoo

Henry W Jones said:
Still friends?
Of course, Dubya!:hat: No harm, no foul & all that jazz.:cool:
kongisking said:
Who else goes around calling fans of something you don't like faggots, hmm?
Not me. I recently used *that* word to describe Batman, himself, but it's not a term that I frivolously "go around calling fans of things I don't like" (and I certainly don't troll threads about subjects that I don't like).

Re. "In Henry's defense": There is no personal attack against Henry so he doesn't need any defence.:gun:

Kong, my friend, even you, yourself, have been pissed off by comments & demanded that people tone down their vitriol & hatred towards "Crystal Skull" and here we have a video that drags it through the mud. Even though I'm not wildly enthusiastic about Indy 4 like you are, I am blasting the video, its makers and those who think it speaks the truth. You, being a self-admitted "Skull" lover, do you actually LIKE this Honest Trailer video, which (poorly) mocks your beloved film?:confused: Your 1st post in this thread is focused in the wrong place, dude.;)

Christ on a bike. Its a forum devoted to Indiana Sodding Jones, for pete's sake, not a philosophical round table where we debate a priori and a posteriori forms of knowledge.

Indiana Jones. That bloke with the hat and whip who has adventures and who's mostly watched by kids.

The video's a laugh - well put together, clearly understanding the legacy and quite rightly pointing out just how sh*te KOCS was. Stoo, pull your head out from your derriere and get a life mate.

Henry W Jones

Stoo said:
Of course, Dubya!:hat: No harm, no fou. & all that jazz.:cool:
Not me. I recently used *that* word to describe Batman, himself, but it's not a term that I frivolously "go around calling fans of things I don't like" (and I certainly don't troll threads about subjects that I don't like).

Re. "In Henry's defense": There is no personal attack against Henry so he doesn't need any defence.:gun:

Kong, my friend, even you, yourself, have been pissed off by comments & demanded that people tone down their vitriol & hatred towards "Crystal Skull" and here we have a video that drags it through the mud. Even though I'm not wildly enthusiastic about Indy 4 like you are, I am blasting the video, its makers and those who think it speaks the truth. You, being a self-admitted "Skull" lover, do you actually LIKE this Honest Trailer video, which (poorly) mocks your beloved film?:confused: Your 1st post in this thread is focused in the wrong place, dude.;)

Besides the snake scene, that you hate (and I agree is not a great moment), that they say was one of the best moments in the film, what was so off about the review? I don't hate Skull but I do know it is a flawed film and can see the points they made in the video. So you are blasting me because I do see truth in the video? Also, I think kongisking is referring to you calling Batman fans "batfags". A little harsh my friend. :hat:

Vance

Stoo said:
Don't be sorry, Henry W.:cool: Afterall, you didn't create that steaming pile of sh*t, someone else did. I can talk trash like anyone else but I'd never make a video of it.

If this fight is "childish" then it stems from the nature of the clip.:p

Stoo, please accept this in the spirit it's intended... if you try to make every punch into a knock-out blow, the chances are your opponent will upper-cut the crap out of you.

In other words, use your words better. :)

Forbidden Eye

replican't said:
The video's a laugh - well put together, clearly understanding the legacy and quite rightly pointing out just how sh*te KOCS was.

You're right, "using the same sound effect over again" was a brilliant observation. They also should've attacked it for using the Wilhelm Scream.

Stoo

repli-"I really like the new Indiana Jones film"-can't said:
Stoo, pull your head out from your derriere and get a life mate.
This past weekend I was driving & skiing in the Alps. Good powder on the slopes with clear, sunny skies and a spectacular view. Meanwhile, you were here talking about H.Ford's baldness & sagging face. If only my life was as thrilling as yours.

P.S. You forgot to put the 'accent grave' on the word, "derrière".:p
Henry W Jones said:
Besides the snake scene, that you hate (and I agree is not a great moment), that they say was one of the best moments in the film, what was so off about the review? I don't hate Skull but I do know it is a flawed film and can see the points they made in the video. So you are blasting me because I do see truth in the video? Also, I think kongisking is referring to you calling Batman fans "batfags". A little harsh my friend. :hat:
I will admit to using *that* term but can't see how it relates to the discussion of this 'Honest Trailer'. It appears that Kong was using an opportunity to vent his frustration.

Allow me to scratch the comment about blasting those who see the truth in this video because even I agree with certain aspects. What I should have said was: bashing those who it's aimed at/made for.

That said, the video isn't funny nor clever because it uses tired & unoriginal quips (along with some new, idiotic, numbskull ones). In order to fully answer your question about why this trailer is "off", I would need to watch it again :sick: and that is something I'd rather not do but will suffer the pain just for you, Dubya! Hang on...

Yes, the sandpit scene is awful (...and replican't once thought it was "genius"). How anyone could think, even for a nanosecond, that was one of the best parts of movie, is beyond the beyond.:eek:
Vance said:
Stoo, please accept this in the spirit it's intended... if you try to make every punch into a knock-out blow, the chances are your opponent will upper-cut the crap out of you.

In other words, use your words better. :)
I try to use good words, Vance, I really do try but isn't it amusing how there are complaints over my complaints about a video that complains about "Crystal Skull"? Now, THAT is funny!:D

kongisking

Stoo said:
Of course, Dubya!:hat: No harm, no foul & all that jazz.:cool:

I actually haven't bothered to watch it, as I know exactly the reaction I'll have to it: a big, fat, massive eye-roll.

And for the record, I was kind of speaking out of pent-up frustration when I said that stuff earlier. Frustration, admittedly, over your inconsistency with tone and treatment of others. What are friends for, other than providing the occasional slap over the head to their pals when they go too far? :D

Stoo said:
This past weekend I was driving & skiing in the Alps. Good powder on the slopes with clear, sunny skies and a spectacular view. Meanwhile, you were here talking about H.Ford's baldness & sagging face. If only my life was as thrilling as yours.

P.S. You forgot to put the 'accent grave' on the word, "derrière".:p

Skiing is for nobs.

And yes, I know I forgot the accent - I couldn't be bothered. I have studied French and work at the Cannes Film Festival every year, so its not exactly an unknown language. Maybe I'll see you there in May and we can discuss intellectually just how merde Crystal Skull is?

replican't said:
Skiing is for nobs.

Agreed.

Skiing moreso than ranking on a film before it comes out, declaring love for it in the face of detractors upon its release and then spending your 40's (mid-life crisis?) hectoring the film and members of a message board who discuss it.

Nob indeed.

Raiders90

Rocket Surgeon said:
Agreed.

Skiing moreso than ranking on a film before it comes out, declaring love for it in the face of detractors upon its release and then spending your 40's (mid-life crisis?) hectoring the film and members of a message board who discuss it.

Nob indeed.

+1
Seriously, he hated the movie even before it came out. He's basically a Batfreak with no credibility.

And yet it still got 78% on RT. And you can't just say it got that high of a rating simply because of the Indy name; Phantom Menace holds a 57% rating there despite the SW brand; The Hobbit has a just barely passing 65% rating...Movies don't get passing ratings there on the strength or name of their brand. And the fact that KOTCS continued being succcessful after the first several weeks--enough time for negative word of mouth to have turned it into a flop--speaks to the fact that at the very least, some liked it.
- Raiders112390

Yes, at the very least, some liked it. You tell yourself that like a mantra when you go to sleep, my friend, and maybe the bad memories will one day go away....

Last edited:

Stoo

Gear said:
Somebody ought to make an 'honest trailer'out of this thread...
Narration:
"See just how snarky an internet message board can get as your fellow fans squabble over a stupid, homemade video. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll kiss sanity goodbye as this parade of petty behaviour piles up higher than a rubber tree.

Don't miss, "The Ravenheads and the Honest Trailer of KotCS", starring: Stoopid, replic*nt, F*ck-It Surgeon, Montana Sh*t and Henry W Groans.

Rated: R (for ridiculous)."
:D
Mickiana said:
Universes within universes, as Stoo so aptly referred to.
Wheels within wheels...

Hubcap_small_zps0394ec83.jpg

Last edited: