Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

yodazone

Straight from WonderCon '08 comes the new title to the next Indiana Jones comic adventure!

"Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods!"

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=147906

"Moving back to movies, Atkins said that Dark Horse will be doing new Indiana Jones comics starting in June entitled Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods, along with the film adaptation coming in May. "

(y) (y) (y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
This I'm buying. It's awesome how they're already starting a new series of Indy comics, that isn't the kiddy cartoon version they're also going to do.

JimmyPSHayes

You can get a look at the cover for the first issue in the new Wizard(#198)that comes out today. I don't have a scanner, sorry guys.
-It's a small mention and they say that it's a 5 issue mini series written by Rob Williams with art by Dustin Weaver.

yodazone

JimmyPSHayes said:
You can get a look at the cover for the first issue in the new Wizard(#198)that comes out today. I don't have a scanner, sorry guys.
-It's a small mention and they say that it's a 5 issue mini series written by Rob Williams with art by Dustin Weaver.

Does it have a Hugh Flemming painted cover??

I wonder if this story takes place in the '50s era...

(y) (y) (y)

JimmyPSHayes

yodazone said:
Does it have a Hugh Flemming painted cover??

I wonder if this story takes place in the '50s era...

(y) (y) (y)
Not sure if it's Hugh Flemming on not. It is painted though. It's him charging at you with a whip. I don't think it takes place in the 50's because he looks pretty young on the cover.

MattJones

I really hope they do some of Indy's adventures during the 40's and early 50's so that they may bridge the gap between Crusade and Kingdom.

I also hope that the character art isn't complete **** (like I have seen in the Omnibus) and that it looks on par with Staff of Moses (which is fanwork).

yodazone

What an awesome cover. Been waiting 12 years for a new Indiana Jones Comic from Dark Horse!!!

comic_tombgods_tn.jpg

And Dustin Weaver is a great artist. He did a recent story arc in the Knights of the Old Republic series from Star Wars.

Preview pages of his recent artwork can be found here:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=14-775

Indy comic fans will definitely not be be disapointed this time! A reliable top notch artist with great detail! Now I gotta figure out whose doing the painted covers!

(y) (y) (y)

Lord_glavin

I can't wait, I just finished reading through the omnibus
not as good as the movies, but still adventure enough for me

also comic books ftw

No Ticket

yodazone said:
What an awesome cover. Been waiting 12 years for a new Indiana Jones Comic from Dark Horse!!!

comic_tombgods_tn.jpg

And Dustin Weaver is a great artist. He did a recent story arc in the Knights of the Old Republic series from Star Wars.

Preview pages of his recent artwork can be found here:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=14-775

Indy comic fans will definitely not be be disapointed this time! A reliable top notch artist with great detail! Now I gotta figure out whose doing the painted covers!

(y) (y) (y)

That guy is a great artist. I was looking through those pages and wow... I can't WAIT to see his take on the Indy comics!!

Wu_Han

ladies and gents, I cannot wait. What is most exciting is that there will be a whole series of other comic stories to follow.

metalinvader

Perhilion said:
Is there any way one could subscribe to the series so each new one gets mailed to you?

Do they still do that in this day and age?I could of sworn that comic subscriptions were a thing of the past.I mean,Look at any old comic and there will be a few pages in the back dedicated to subscriptions.I havnt seen anything like that in any newer comic I've read.

Tennessee Smith

I don't think you can actually order a subscription directly from the comic companies anymore. Now you have to order then through a 3rd party company.

UltimateManGod

I've never bought and followed a comic series before. This will totally change when this series starts. It'll definitely be worth it. Now all I need to do is pick up the Omnibuses eventually to experience the original Dark Horse comics.

xVendetta17x

Am I the only one who thinks that the cover is incredibly sub-par?
Compared to the other artwork from the Darkhorse series it is really boring and bland
ijip1.jpg

ijt3.jpg

Even the ones with just Indy are incredibly detailed and vibrant, unlike this one

ijsp1.jpg

Snakes

You can defiantly still subscribe to nearly any Marvel comic series. I don't know about Dark Horse though. If it's a miniseries i would guess not.

I also think that the new cover doesn't quite live up to the older ones. The older ones had more of a Indy movie poster feel. This new one feels more like a regular comic book cover. Still like it though.