Who would you cast as the villain?

Echo22

There'd be a similar feeling of deja vu with actors such as Sean Bean, Rutger Hauer, Willem Dafoe, Paul Bettany, Tamuera Morrison, Jabba the Hutt, etc.

I agree. I'd hope for someone he hasn't gone up against before.
Maybe Shia Lebeouf is playing the villain.
;)

surfengine

I prefer that the only actor I have ever heard of in this movie should be Harrison Ford.
With the exception of a small role by Jessica Alba or Alessandra Ambrosio.:D

Dr.Sartorius

surfengine said:
I prefer that the only actor I have ever heard of in this movie should be Harrison Ford.
With the exception of a small role by Jessica Alba or Alessandra Ambrosio.:D

Or Jessica Alba and Alessandra Ambrosio together. Jessica Alba plays Indy's daughter and Alessandra plays one of Indy's students. Jessica and the student fall in love and there are several love making scenes...:D

JasperMoon

It would depend for me. If, for instance the city of gods refers to Technotichlan, then I would cast a relative--young--unknown hispanic or native american. There are many out there who are great actors and any one of them could be a great villian.

I also like the listings above and Alan Rickman would probably be my choice. but they are so much in the movies these days. We need a fresh face to wrap our teeth around and boo/hiss at.

Just a sidebar here, too. If it is a story about South America and chasing down the artifact---like I said a long time ago--Von Daniken wrote a book saying there was an ancient time machine down there. Maybe someone in Hollywood read the same book I did?

But if it is not, Greece could be the target OR it could be a treasure hunt at the Vatican--where we could get a lesson in a "Pope" who might not believe in God, but a pope who is a Pagan and worships gods and is hiding some REAL treasure (aka temple treasure) in St. Peter's Basilica and square Indy is looking for! Can't wait to find out what it is!

Papa Jones

Danny De Vito maybe? Since Spielberg wanted him as Sallah, it would be nice to bring him into the cast. Some kind of clumsy villain. Well not to clumsy, we don't want to turn Indy IV into a parody, do we? ;)

Indy_Chic

I think at the moment I like the idea of Clive Owen being a bad guy, I believe he could pull it off as a villian. Or maybe Cate Blanchett?

But then again the villian could very well be Jack Black or Jim Carrey... :eek: :p

effin

I'm thinking ray winstone is the baddie. if not winstone, than an unknown character actor like the other films. I this makes sense.

Echo22

I tend to agree - I think it will be someone relatively unknown. Otherwise, (let's say it were someone like Tommy Lee Jones or Kevin Costner) the whole plot would revolve around the fact that it was so-and-so up against Ford.
I think it will be a John Hurt or Ian McKellin type leading a band of who dunnits against Indy and his kid???? And Cate Blanchett thrown in. Probably the leading lady. Hopefully.
Again, if she's the villain, I'll be unpleasantly surprised.
Winstone: "a major role". I'm thinking the villain....or Jock's son. ;)
Snakes on a plane???!!!!
I hate snakes, Jock, I hate 'em!!!!