Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

Ray Delark

i only needed to see raiders once to be all-inspired to persevere. for me raiders is the most adventurous. it defined the adventurous path which i persevere. temple of doom took me to another demension and definition of an unparalleled indiana jones adventure to follow. thirdly but never lastly the last crusade fullfilled the anticipation of showcasing the famed legend, indiana jones, at his finest.

IkoJones

IndiRama Jones said:
Indiana Jones is my life:gun:
Hey! I thought Indiana Jones was MY life!! :p :gun: :whip:

Each of the movies vas made slightly different way, I mean the creators highlighted different attributes of the story in each movie, which is correct, I think.All the three movies are great and I love them, I vote for the Raiders though. It was made the first (interesting news, isn't it?;) ) and has the athmosphere most attractive for me.

:hat: Ico :hat:

ROSLEE

The Last Crusade was my favorite. The storyline was unique and interesting. I really don't have a favorite. I enjoyed them all. But the best I say would be raiders.

-R-

Last Crusader

Last Crusade has always been my favourite (as you can guess from my screen name), ever since I first saw any of the movies. The reason for this seems to be the mysticism found in the Grail legend and the relation between father and son. Especially the ending scene where the heroes ride off towards the sunset is a model of cathartic movie moment. And the music is superb throughout the whole movie, at times energetic, haunting and uplifting.

Indy Jr.1

I loved both Raiders and Crusade, but Raiders gets my vote for incredibly well written story and (in my opinion) the greatest action sequence (truck chase).

The Adventurer

I vote Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade.

It is the tension of the last trail for the graal...and the faith of Indy when get the water with the holly graal...
All are great...but The Last Crusade...is my favourite!

Last edited:

kongisking

I Like TOD too...

I agree, JK Atwon, but Last Crusade will always be my personal favorite (until Indy 4 comes out, but we have to see if that movie is even good or not). I can't help it, I just absolutely love the relationship and banter between Indy and Henry Jones Sr. The fact that it also has a really great opening, one of the best openings in films ever in my opinion, telling about Jones as a boy, is incredibly fun and is a nice prequel-inside-of-a-sequel. (y)

But I do love the other films, make no mistake. It's just that Last Crusade was the first Indy film I saw, so for that reason it is very special to me. (sorry if I sound overly sentimental) :eek:

Crazy-Heart

My fave Indy movie is The Last Crusade, because it was the first Indiana Jones movie I saw and I really liked the story and the action scenes!

deckard24

I'd have to go with Raiders for the no.1 spot! Raiders is just really a perfect movie, great characters, great villains, adventure,drama, romance, comedy,suspense you have it all. And amazing score, but what else would you expect from the legendary John Williams,and awesome special effects from the wizards of ILM. There is a reason Raiders is considered one of the greatest films of all time by the A.F.I. and countless critics all over the world. It brought us Indiana Jones, the greatest screen hero in motion picture history! :gun:

As a side note I did want to give honorable mention to TOD, which I think is highly underrated! Yeah it's dark and Spielberg hates it now, but I loved it as a kid and still love it! Indy was a real bad@$$ in Temple, not that he wasn't in the others but he had a slightly diff. edge to him. The opening scene is terrific in his James Bond Goldfinger tux, the fight w/the giant thuggee and then all the other guards, the mine car chase, the bridge scene, and let's not forget John Williams score. The scene where Indy frees the children of the village, and :whip: shows up in the tunnel entrance w/the light pouring in from behind, and then you here the punches and the guy goes sliding across, is one of the best scenes in the series to me!

1981arkfan

Hi everyone it's nice to be here...

Hi everyone it's nice to be here and meet you all on this great site.I am a very big indy fan and watch the films every chance i can get.My favorite would have to be Raiders.The storyline is great,the action is well packed for this film and you just feel like your with him on the screen everywhere he finds trouble.Now i have no gripes on the other 2 but they seemed like rushed film's.Raiders has many more characters and places the other 2 just never gave me to explore with indy.Temple of doom,i just could not get into a tale of 3 rocks setting darkness to an entire village and the torture on children for the evil purpose of a twisted minded mola ram.Last crusade was o.k. but with marcus and sallah?Those characters changed for the worst as the films went on.I love (sir)sean connery but raiders is watched much more than the other 2.thats why raiders of the lost ark will always be my favorite of all time.. :whip: