RE: Indiana Jones 4 Update

JasperMoon

RE: addendum

Here's something else I just found!

Darabont Promises Good Villains for Indy
The Indiana Jones IV scribe drops a few hints about his latest job.

July 12, 2002 - Hollywood screenwriter Frank Darabont broke his silence for the first time this week since IGN FilmForce first announced that he would be writing Indiana Jones IV for Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.

Darabont revealed to Sci Fi Wire that Indy's final adventure will be set in the 1950s to accomodate the age of actor Harrison Ford, who just turned 60.

As expected, Indiana will not be pitting his wits, bullwhip, and six-shooter against Nazis this time, but Darabont says he's found some good new villains to throw at the archaeologist. The writer remains tight-lipped on who the baddies are and what the plot is all about, but he did say that Spielberg and Lucas are allowing him to insert some of his own ideas into the story. "It winds up being a pretty good collaboration, a good exchange of ideas," he told the website. However, the main parts of the story will remain strictly the ideas of the two great filmmakers. "At the end of the day, I'll be writing what [Lucas and Spielberg] ask me to. I'll be giving them the story that they want, so in that sense, I'm an employee. But a very excited and engaged employee. And what a fun project to work on."

Darabont's comments leave plenty of room for fan speculation, especially where the villains are concerned. What can we expect from a fifties setting? Soviet or Chinese communists? Tinpot dictators? Colonial powers? At least it gives Darabont something to work with beyond the typical evil-international-business-mogul type that Hollywood resorts to so much these days. We expect much more from Indiana Jones than from Mission: Impossible, James Bond, Tomb Raider, and other franchises that suffer for lack of politically-correct antagonists.

Indiana Jones IV is still slated for a 2005 release ? an eternity for us fans! Stay tuned for more.
-- Paul

00Kevin

Indyfan
I say we launch him from a catapult Ren, yeah, I remember that...2002, ha!

what the funk..nice one, I sometimes like flock

JasperMoon

RE: toon town

I don't know. I have no clue. All I know is that when I started researching a storyline for a screenplay I want to write, all of a sudden all this stuff about Indiana 4 started streaming in. And I got worried Lucas and Spielberg were going to use my idea in their new story. Anyway, I've got another idea just as big I'm trying to get across to Junior in installments right now. It's NOT a Roswell type storyline, although it has "Otherworldly" type connections with a character I'm using who IS a real archeologist and who was doing his thing during Indy's time and is still alive, I believe. At least, he has a website devoted to his studies. Anyway, back to my plotting and scheming. And Junior, why haven't you written me? In school? Term papers got you down already?

Indeed I am back in school and with a strenious schedule I have little time except Fri-Sun to reaad. I wil reply hopefully Friday afternoon. Renderking your "ranting" is quite cool.