So, will Indy 4 happen?

Will Indy 4 Get Made?

• Yes - I think we'll finally see it in the next two years!

Votes: 46 73.0%
  • No - I've learnt not to believe anything I hear, regarding I4!

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Not sure - I'll wait a few months to see if anything official's under way!

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters

Routledge

As recent rumours suggest, it looks as though Indy 4 could finally be getting under way with various reports of shooting after War of the Worlds and having agreed on a script. So the question lingers, will Indy 4 ever see daylight?

San Holo

Making the Indy movies were a hell of a good time for all involved. It will get made, if for no reason than to re-live those happy days and get together for one last adventure. I think after War of the Worlds gets made, Indiana Jones will crack that whip once again. :whip:

Starchaeologist

Cynicism isn't pretty, but...

I tend to believe this film won't happen, but, if they could convince Connery to do another turn as bond in Never Say Never Again, anything can happen. Hopefully, IJ4 won't be as hackneyed as NSNA (and I really hope that the movie's "popular title" ISN'T IJ4! ;)).

The Holy Trinity (GL, SS & HF) may have fun making it (and rakin' in a whole lot o' money) IF it gets made, but I doubt it will live up to my hopes for a "final chapter."

Here's to hoping they prove me wrong. Show me up, guys; I won't mind eating a little crow if you succeed!

Starchaeologist

temple of john said:
Just the fact that we all have built this potential film in our minds for several years now means that it could not possibly live up to expectations.

Speaking generally, I'd agree. Still, anything is possible here (IMO). I don't find it likely that the film will happen. I find it less likely that if it is made it will live up to the first three and still even less likely to live up to ROTLA (my favorite). Maybe Indy will be able to pull a trick out of his satchel, but the odds are long ... and time is short. :)

monkey

My opinion?

Indy IV, with Harrison Ford will NEVER be made.

The Indiana Jones fan community needs to move on from this unrealistic expectation to those more realistic projects which CAN (and indeed are just waiting to) happen.

There needs to be a re-birth.

If you disagree with me that's fine. We can take up this conversation again in a couple years.

Just my opinion.

Finn

Staff member
You know, I just got a call from the Devil. He said it was getting little chilly.

monkey

Well, tell him to put on a blanket, pop some popcorn (which should be pretty easy down there), throw in the 4 disc Indiana Jones boxed set, sit back and enjoy.

Because old Lucifer, Beolsabab, Satan, whatever you want to call him, will never see Harrison Ford in an Indiana Jones movie again in his life.

Neither will we.

Finn

Staff member
Haven't you noticed? It's like religion. People need false (or, at least unproven) tellings to keep their lives at order.

<small>Yes, I know, I'm going to get it thanks to this.</small>

monkey

Clint Eastwood could play Dirty Harry again too.

Kirk Douglass could star in a brand new 'Spartacus' movie.

Heck, while we're at it let's put old Chuck Heston in a chariot and send him around the track again.

But would it be the same?

Anyway, I didn't say anything in my post about another actor playing Indiana Jones (though I have discussed that in other threads, and believe it to be an idea with no small amount of merit). I simply said that we will never see Harrison Ford in the starring role in another Indiana Jones movie (gotta clarify that...........might come back to haunt me later when he puts in a cameo at age 70).

Like I said before, I'd be happy to discuss this again in 2005, or 2006, or.....

Finn

Staff member
Kinda makes you think... it seems as likely that there will be yet another Indiana Jones installment as there will not be. And if it is the latter like our friend Monkey man here suggests, why can't any of the big three just say: "No, we're not seriously considering a fourth installment." (Or something along these lines.)

<small>Please take note, this wasn't an argument against Monkey's suspicions, but an argument against this damned rumor mill.</small>

westford

The big three have hinted that they are going to do it, so until they do what Finn says and turn round and say no, then we're stuck in limbo, waiting, waiting, and waiting... :dead:

intergamer

New Interview on TIE:
Our friends over at IESB.net have given us an amazing Indiana Jones 4 scoop! IESB.net was in attendance for a special event for Hotel Rwanda to benefit Amnesty International which was hosted by Harrison Ford and Angelina Jolie. The many stars in attendance for the event included Matt Damon, Samuel L. Jackson, Eric Idle, Halley Berry and Wyclef Jean.

While Harrison Ford was not on the red carpet as expected, IESB.net was able to go backstage for an exclusive interview with Mr. Ford. I was also fortunate enough to send in some questions about Indiana Jones 4 to be included with IESB.net's interview and here is what Harrison Ford had to say:

IESB.net: Is Indy 4 still going to be made?
Ford: "No doubt about it."

IESB.net: Could a younger actor play Indiana Jones in Indy 4?
Ford: "No problem, but Indy IV is mine." Ford also added that he wouldn't mind having a younger actor play Indy in future films, which is similar to what was done with the James Bond films after Sean Connery left.

IESB.net: Will you be doing your own stunts for Indiana Jones 4?
Ford: "At least some of them."

IESB.net also asked what was going on with the Indy 4 script and Ford said that George Lucas was happy with the new draft.

Harrison Ford is optimistic about Indiana Jones 4 and the new script which is always a good sign. Ford seemed very sure about the film and we now know that Lucas is happy with the script so things are looking a lot better than last time! Ford's reference to a younger actor to play Indy in future films was also very interesting, does this mean there are more sequels in the works? Only time will tell. In the mean time, stay tuned to The Indy Experience.com for the latest on Indiana Jones IV!

Finn

Staff member
Woah. Better send the Belsebub a pair of wool socks... but let's ask first, relibiality factor?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
And the survey says...

I'm not hearing anything refuting the interview. In fact it appears to fall right in line with what I've been told.:D

monkey, better FedEx Satan some ear-muffs, he might need 'em.;):cool:

monkey

Hey Aaron,
Right now I'm trying to overnight an arctic parka, some oversized mittens, and ...if one of our Canadien members can come through.....a "Tuk".

Yeah, it looks like Old Lucifer might need some winter clothing pretty quick here.