Short Round grown up.

indifan101

Wow! I didn't realize he was forced to leave his country. Poor guy! Thats got to be terrible to be forced to leave your homeland.

Jay R. Zay

indifan101 said:
Wow! I didn't realize he was forced to leave his country. Poor guy! Thats got to be terrible to be forced to leave your homeland.

could happen to anybody when he gets too annoying.

Stoo

Hey, 12kadam. The picture on the wikpedia website is from an interview
on the Bonus Material DVD that is included with the boxed set. You might
want to check it out (if you haven't already done so).

IndyBuff

Stoo said:
Hey, 12kadam. The picture on the wikpedia website is from an interview
on the Bonus Material DVD that is included with the boxed set. You might
want to check it out (if you haven't already done so).

I was about to say the same thing. The bonus DVD has some interview footage and you can hear him talk about the film and working with the crew.

Finn

Staff member
12kadam said:
Sorry fellows, if this link has nothing to do with Indy 4...but keeping in mind that Indy 4 may start with Short Round falling in a trap and then Indy trying to save him and recover whatever Shorty was after......is a good guess.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I reckon that's considered a piece of fiction set up by an enthusiastic fan.

But nice to know how Shorty is these days anyway.

12kadam

Indy said:
I was about to say the same thing. The bonus DVD has some interview footage and you can hear him talk about the film and working with the crew.

Thanks,I shall look into the bonus DVd...have never looked into it till now....Hey Finn, Yes, it was a fan's thought but you never know if it cud be a coincidence.....Michelle Yeoh is rumoured to be in Indy 4, so she cud easily be hooked to Shorty somehow( friend , lover , sister...etc.)....so if Shorty is to be in Indy 4 then this is how he will look .....

Happy Birthday So Wah Mu

Well Short Round turned FORTY yesterday...where are you Temple dorks anyway?

02f12243c39ad53acc226d23ea7e053c.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
You know, I've still never been convinced that "So Wah Mu" isn't just a drastic mishearing of "Short Round more," as in "you listen to Short Round more, you live longer."

Attila the Professor said:
You know, I've still never been convinced that "So Wah Mu" isn't just a drastic mishearing of "Short Round more," as in "you listen to Short Round more, you live longer."

I have to check it out again, but you're probably right...it makes a lot of sense.

IAdventurer01

Wait, that's NOT what he says? If it is "So Wah Mu", I've had the line wrong for decades.:p

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IAdventurer01 said:
Wait, that's NOT what he says? If it is "So Wah Mu", I've had the line wrong for decades.:p

If it is "So Wah Mu," I've had it wrong too. But I'd stake money on it being "Short Round more." (The script I have on file is the earlier one, wherein Club Obi-Wan is The Dragon nightclub. Otherwise I'd check right now.)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Just listened/watched and it IS So Wah Mu.

When <I>is</I> it, anyhow? Because I just found the cage scene, and it is quite clearly, and simply, "I keep telling you, you listen me more, you live longer."

Am I blanking on another piece of dialogue somewhere?

Dr. Gonzo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Well Short Round turned FORTY yesterday...where are you Temple dorks anyway?

02f12243c39ad53acc226d23ea7e053c.jpg
If he would utter the line, "Indy, I love you" at age 40 it would be very creepy.

InVader

When <I>is</I> it, anyhow? Because I just found the cage scene, and it is quite clearly, and simply, "I keep telling you, you listen me more, you live longer."

It happens at 23:34 on the dvd after Willie complains about eating the food. However, if you play the dvd with subtitles it writes it as "Suwamu." However....A funny side note. In that same subtitling right after, they say that Shortround says, "You leave Lanka." I always thought he was saying, "you live longer." Mistake in editing?

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
InVader said:
It happens at 23:34 on the dvd after Willie complains about eating the food. However, if you play the dvd with subtitles it writes it as "Suwamu." However....A funny side note. In that same subtitling right after, they say that Shortround says, "You leave Lanka." I always thought he was saying, "you live longer." Mistake in editing?

Definite mistake in editing. Yeah, they filmed in Sri Lanka, but that mistake in the phrase immediately after more or less discredits the subtitles as evidence for the phrase being "Suwamu."

Guess I'd better pop my DVD in...

Montana Smith

InVader said:

Definite mistake in editing. Yeah, they filmed in Sri Lanka, but that mistake in the phrase immediately after more or less discredits the subtitles as evidence for the phrase being "Suwamu."

Guess I'd better pop my DVD in...

I often watch DVDs with the subtitles on, and it's obvious that the subtitlers are usually working from the audio and not the script: not only do they invent shorter versions of what is actually being said, but they sometimes make ridiculous errors in mishearing the dialogue due to a lack of contextual understanding.

One example is stuck in my head now from watching an episode of the British TV series Ultimate Force last night: a terrorist tells his SAS interrogators that they're "Zionist lackeys", but the subtitle reads "scientist's lackeys"!

So, I agree that you can't always trust the subtitles, and therefore can't use them as evidence for the precise dialogue.

Montana Smith said:
So, I agree that you can't always trust the subtitles, and therefore can't use them as evidence for the precise dialogue.
The Raiders subtitles have some issues as well, from Belloq calling Dietrich "Hermann" and Shielman.