Calista Flockhart in Indy IV?

LASTCRUSADER

As I'm sure some of you know by now Iafrica and The Indy Experience has reported that Harrison Ford wants to have Calista Flockhart have a cameo in Indy IV. From what I understand Harrison has written her part himself but Lucas doesn't seem to like the idea very much. I know that I'm not to crazy on the idea myself. What do you guys think?Could it work?

Randy_Flagg

It depends on what role she plays. It could be some small part, like his secretary at the university. Nothing wrong with that.

(Incidentally, how many of you knew his secretary in Last Crusade was played by the woman who played Ru-Murleen in "Star Wars-- Rebel Assault 2: The Hidden Empire"? Yeah, I knew you'd all find the fascinating.)

LASTCRUSADER

Randy_Flagg said:
It depends on what role she plays. It could be some small part, like his secretary at the university. Nothing wrong with that.

(Incidentally, how many of you knew his secretary in Last Crusade was played by the woman who played Ru-Murleen in "Star Wars-- Rebel Assault 2: The Hidden Empire"? Yeah, I knew you'd all find the fascinating.)

I could deal with a very small role like a secretaty.That wouldn't be a problem I suppose.

Maybe it's THAT promise that got him Callista Flockheart in the firstplace! If George and Steven don't go for it, then Harrison's gots some s'plaining to do....

Venture

If the part were any bigger than a cameo...I shudder to think. As long as that "Ooga Chaga" baby doesn't show up.

Indy007

Well if Dan Ackroyd(can't spell his last name), could get a cameo in Temple of Doom, then anyone can be thrown into Indy 4.

Venture

Don't knock Akroyd, Indy007. The Blues Brothers is in my top five all-time greats. By the way, welcome to the Raven. We haven't met yet. I'm Cain, resident pastor and Dan Akroyd fan. Good to meet you.

fatima

ME TOO!!!

temple of john said:
Being that I can't stand her anyway, I would like to see her have a small part in the film and maybe fall into a storm drain. Somebody give her about 10 double cheeseburgers, and then we can talk. She reminds me of Skeletor from He-Man.

Hey I can't agree more with you! And please not even a cameo, it makes me sick just to think that there's a slight image of her on the movie! I'm glad that for what seems the idea is no longer valid!please! :eek:

Indy007

Cain said:
Don't knock Akroyd, Indy007. The Blues Brothers is in my top five all-time greats. By the way, welcome to the Raven. We haven't met yet. I'm Cain, resident pastor and Dan Akroyd fan. Good to meet you.

Oh, I'm not knocking Ackroyd at all Cain. I meant to say that it was a great thing for Spielberg to use Ackroyd, and I believe he would use another star in a cameo if he had the chance.

Venture

Akroyd has an almost invisible role as R. Webber, the guy who arranged Indy's trip on Lao Che's poultry cargo plane. And Indy007, sorry if I sounded grumpy.

[Edited by Cain on 10-26-2003 at 08:19 pm]

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Renderking Fisk said:
For the love of Akubra and all that does NOT stink... I hope there isn't a long line of celeberties in this flick doing cameo's. Couldn't they just make a good movie and leave the gimicks to Disney?
Here here!

Joe Brody

Sallah's Brother In Law

What!?!?!

You mean no one wants to see Danny DeVito put an appearance as the greatest non-character of the whole series?

I'm in agreement -- ban the stars. The TOD scene is just another of TOD's low water marks.

Indy007

Best to have cameo's by stars who have already been in Indy films like Cate Capshaw, Karen Allen, and Sean Connery.

Magda

What's the problem with having star cameos when you don't even notice them? I didn't even know Dan Akroyd was in TOD until I read it on The Raven a while back.

Venture

I think the possibilty of inundating, adulterating, and diluting the movie with cameos is the fear of many on this topic. Camp is not acceptable in an Indiana Jones movie, and unless the cameo is completely indirect (a la Akroyd in ToD), camp is hard to avoid. I agree with my colleagues here. Cameos should be very underdone or not done at all.

Joe Brody

Akroyd

. . . .wasn't Akroyd sporting a Pith helmet in ToD? I'd argue that his outfit (and accent?) was either camp or flush up against it.