Mabey Excalibur for Indy 4?

Indy Jr.

How about Indy going after the fabled sword of Excalibur for Indy 4? Someone could contract Indy to find the Excalibur sword for his private collection. It could turn out that it is either King Arthur himself, or a descendent of Arthur who wants control of the throne. Could work if written better than I just did. Or mabey this all just sounded better in my head:)

bob

I really hate to be a spoil sport but didnt we discuss this exact idea a few months ago?

Randy_Flagg

I like the idea of Excaliber a lot, particularly because it fits the Indy mold, while breaking free of the religious elements of the previous ones, so it feels fresh. For Indy4 to really work, I think it needs something to make it different, and Excaliber would work nicely.

(and yes, Bob, we've discussed it several times, I think. But he's new here, so go easy on him.)

Indy Jr.

Renderking Fisk said:
That would make it a direct sequel to LC... and very welcome.

I know it could be just a copy of the Last Crusade, but at the beginning, Indy could be captured looking for the sword, and Henry Jones has to rescue him. This could happen in the first 20 minutes of the film.

Indy Jr.

temple of john said:
Indy said:
Renderking Fisk said:
That would make it a direct sequel to LC... and very welcome.

I know it could be just a copy of the Last Crusade, but at the beginning, Indy could be captured looking for the sword, and Henry Jones has to rescue him. This could happen in the first 20 minutes of the film.

I had the Idea of maybe Indy somehow discovering the Loch Ness monster in the beginning. maybe it is inadvertent. It would be kind of funny to add that in in the first couple of minutes. Or this could also work i9f he is in that area of the world looking for Excalibur. I actually brought about that idea a while ago, thanks for re-sparking it.

/\ No problem ;-)

Webley

INDIANA JONES is the only man besides King Arthur who could pull Excalibur from the stone.

bob

I am not convinced on arthur as:

1. It would be far too similar to the theme of LC
2. I dont care but 50's Britain aint action movie and particularly Indy territory which thrives on the exotic
3. The lady in the lake and Merlin may be pushing it tooooo far on the supernatural front
4. The artifacts arent religious which would be a bit of a climbdown from the Ark or the Grail
5. I dont see why the soviets would want it, and in the post cold war world it just seems to me to be a bit of a novelty

merancapeman

Umm, guys, if you remember, everyone of his artifacts is VERY CLOSLEY related to a religion. E.G. Holy grail, Arc. As much as King Arthur is almost christian, it is too far from non-fiction. In other words, theres no way he's going to do an Excalibur.

Randy_Flagg

merancapeman said:
Umm, guys, if you remember, everyone of his artifacts is VERY CLOSLEY related to a religion. E.G. Holy grail, Arc. As much as King Arthur is almost christian, it is too far from non-fiction. In other words, theres no way he's going to do an Excalibur.

Umm, there's nothing wrong with doing something slightly original, yet still sticking to the formula. Yes, they MIGHT choose something religious again, but not necessarily. By the same token you could have made the following argument before Last Crusade came out: "Indy always travels with younger companions and never family members, so there's NO WAY his father will travel with him in Indy3." And yet, it happened. Broke the mold a bit, but still remained an Indy movie nonetheless.

LASTCRUSADER

Randy_Flagg said:
merancapeman said:

Umm, there's nothing wrong with doing something slightly original, yet still sticking to the formula. Yes, they MIGHT choose something religious again, but not necessarily. By the same token you could have made the following argument before Last Crusade came out: "Indy always travels with younger companions and never family members, so there's NO WAY his father will travel with him in Indy3." And yet, it happened. Broke the mold a bit, but still remained an Indy movie nonetheless.

Randy I agree with you 100%. Nothing wrong with breaking the mold so long as it remains a true Indy movie.You raise a good point with LC.

merancapeman

True... But the TOD actually did exsist. Not the Temple itself, but certainly the mythic stones and the myth behind them. Maybe your right, (I had no idea about the priest!) but Lucas's movies aen't going so well, maybe speilberg is losing his touch too...