The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Ska

Aaron H said:
I have the set...very nice, looks cool on a bookshelf.

Perhaps, Rick has to raise Immotep from the dead so that way he can help battle a new and even more evil badguy. I felt that there was some connection between he and Rick at the end of "Returns".

I was thinking the exact same thing. There's no way that Immotep could be raised again to take over the world. That would be way too similar to the first two scripts. If Immotep is THE MUMMY (could it be another mummy?), there would have to be a twist as to why he gets yet another chance to walk the earth.

Maybe he's a cat and has 9 lives?! Nope, he's scared of cats. Those fiesty little felines...

Pilot

I would hate to see the Mummy writers and producers go to the well too often with Imhotep as the villain, ending up with a story that doesn't seem fresh. That's why I'd rather see a different villain in the next sequel.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Pilot said:
I would hate to see the Mummy writers and producers go to the well too often with Imhotep as the villain, ending up with a story that doesn't seem fresh. That's why I'd rather see a different villain in the next sequel.

Perhaps Osiris is pissed at Rick because he sent "the one who can't be killed" back to him and he doesn't want to have to deal with Imhotep, so Osiris comes to earth with all the forces of the dead, to enact revenge.

Not the same well, but we share it's waters. I know it's a stretch, but I am just brainstorming here.

Pilot

Since the time period for these movies is the '20's and '30's, a story line could be found in the old pulp magazines, which printed hundreds of stories with similar supernatural/fantasy plots. Two stories come to mind: Robert E. Howard's "The Fire of Ashurbanipal" and Jack Williamson's "Golden Blood."

One key factor in a new story is Evie's knowledge of Egyptology. Should a new story take advantage of it, or does she have significant knowledge of other ancient cultures to move the location of the story to another country, such as Mesopotamia (Iran/Iraq). These are just my thoughts and preferences. I am sure there are dozens of ideas out there.

Indydan13

Perhaps Imhothep is being used by another god/goddess to eliminate all other religions and get everyone to believe that his god/goddess is the only one who shold be believed in. He turns people by getting the sankara stones and making people drink blood out of a decaying head and...son of a B****....I gotta stop doing that...

IndyBuff

I was wondering if they would ever get around to making another one. I enjoyed the first two and I'm anxious to see what they do with this one. Thanks for the heads up!

Doc Savage

I liked the first two...I'll watch almost anything with Arnold Vosloo. I was actually disappointed when they cancelled Veritas.

indyt

temple of john said:
It's amazing that you posted this. Rae and I were watching the DVD of the Mummy last week and I began to wonder if they would make a thrid. I didn't care for the second nearly as much as the first and I hope they can replicate the magic of the first. I also really like Brendan Frazer in that role. I hope he still is (I didn't read the article yet).

Yes, Frazer has already signed on. And I do love these movies, probably the first one the best.

roundshort

Totally quailty popcron flicks! Puches the limit on cgi, but still really fun. Liked Brendon in Crash a lot! Look forward to seeing it!

Finn

Staff member
Looks like they got a new director and guys penning the film, thank God.

My trust on Stephen Sommers has been running thin since <i>Van Helsing</i>...

Kill Cavalry

I hear that...The Mummy was an amazing film, a great adventure. The Mummy Returns ran short on my opinion, not nearly as good as the first (as if that were a major revelation to everyone here). However, it has been some time since the last two were made, I hope this sequel does not kill the franchise.

Kill Cavalry

Stephen Summers did direct Van Helsing, and wrote it too, I believe. He also wrote and directed the Mummy, so my opinion of him is split at this time. I'll wait till Mummy 3 comes out to really solidify my position as concerning Summers.

roundshort

Doc Savage said:
I agree...Anthony Hopkins beat Hugh Jackman hands down.

Hugh had one good role as Wolverine in X-man and has managed to disapoint evre since, but the whole mive was just bad!

Finn

Staff member
Kill Cavalry said:
Stephen Summers did direct Van Helsing, and wrote it too, I believe. He also wrote and directed the Mummy, so my opinion of him is split at this time. I'll wait till Mummy 3 comes out to really solidify my position as concerning Summers.
Ahem, it was just stated in the opening article that Sommers will have nothing to do with Mummy III. Which is a thing to be praised after VH (and probably the reason for it too). <small>And yes, it's <i>Sommers</i>.</small>