Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters

Kidkara_3

My favorite is LC. the only reason it bumped Raiders is because Sean was in it. and it's amazing soundtrack.

1. LC

2. Raiders

3. TOD - reminds me of the beatle's HELP!, Too much beating on Indy :( , and Willie...need i say more. but she did a great job of making her character annoying/whiney...

4. KOTCS - pretty dissapointing. cute, but dissapointing.

keylan

I voted for Crusade, but for me it is definitly a toss up between Raders and Crusade. As far as TOTCS, I may be in the minortity here but I was rather disapointed in the whole thing. I just cannot believe that it took almost 19 years to come up with a script and that was what was decided upon.

keylan said:
I voted for Crusade, but for me it is definitly a toss up between Raders and Crusade. As far as TOTCS, I may be in the minortity here but I was rather disapointed in the whole thing. I just cannot believe that it took almost 19 years to come up with a script and that was what was decided upon.
yeah 19 years I think they could have made a better movie/script

Dr. Wolfwood

1. ROTLA
2. LC
3. TOD
4. KOTCS

And, like someone said above, I also am sometimes unable to decide which way Raiders and Crusade should go.

QBComics

Raiders- Really fun, great stunts, and awesome classic scenes!
Skull- I had fun watching it whether people hate me for it or not!
Doom/Crusade- I can't pick over these two. I love all Indy films and these two are part of the fun. :)

Crusade>Raiders

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:Bullwhip, CharlesdeGaulle, chicago103, Darth Vile, eroc, Forbidden Eye, indifan94, Insomniac, Mutt-Jones III, StoneTriple, Texas, Way of the dodo

What the hell Darth :confused: (n)

glorbes

Raiders stands as my favorite movie of all time period, so it was the obvious choice for me. I doubt that I'll ever be so enamoured with a film in my life, primarily because its tied up with childhood nostalgia (well...I suppose Star Wars matches it on that level). Raiders is just such an economical and masterfully constructed action film, and I don't think its been equalled to this day...it really is a modern classic. Last Crusade is just a lot of fun, and has great action set pieces, my favorite of which being the Tank sequence...that's just fantastic.

I enjoyed KOTCS more than Temple of Doom as a whole...but... there were stronger individual scenes in TOD (the mine cart sequence being the standout), and I love its soundtrack as well. Crystal Skull was hopelessly stupid, but I also really enjoyed the fact that it drew heavily on fifties cultural references. It could have been much better I suppose, but my expectations were pretty low (I thought the whole idea of making a new Indy film was ill conceived to begin with), which helped my impression of the final film quite a bit. Harrison was fantastic in it, and that went a long way...it was great to see him as an older and more curmudgeonly version of the character, and he still pulled off the action beautifully.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Not choosing. I love Raiders and LC equally. I always have trouble choosing between them everytime this question gets asked!

michael

Raiders of the Lost Ark is the greatest action/adventure movie of all time. I think that people can think that, and still not have it be their favorite or the best Indy movie.

indyrcks

I love Raiders Of The Lost Ark it is fantastic what do you like about it and what are your favourite scenes from it:)

whipcracker666

1)TOD
2)Raiders
3)KOTCS
4)Crusade

As I've said before I love all the Indy films but Last Crusade just seemed too much like Raiders. If it wern't for Sean Connery and the whole search for the father (literal) and search for the holy father ( cup of christ) storyline I'm not sure I'd care much for it at all.

Mickiana

Raiders - the all-out effort and inspiration are evident in its excellence. The sequels (and prequel) are good, but they don't reach Raider's heights.