Why do you like Indy?

00Kevin

Indyfan
Why do you like Indy?

a question that may have many answers.

For Me It's alot because of the Action and Adventure.
I also like Indy stuff for the Geograhy and the history.

AND THE GREAT BLOODY LINES AND JUNK!!!!!

How about You????????

The Action?
The Adventure?
The Cast?
The Comedy?
The Geography?
The History?
The Love Interests?
The Plots?
The Stunts?

Why Indy?

00Kevin

[Edited by 00Kevin on 06-24-2003 at 08:47 am]

westford

The films are fun to watch, the characters are great (Belloq is probably my favourite baddie), the soundtracks are amazing... And Indy himself - I think I'm quoting IAG here, but two words: 'love you' :D

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
There are so many reasons why I like Indy...

There was a magic created there that is unparalleled. So many creative minds coming together to make some of the best film in history.

Why do I like it? Because it has something that seems to be missing in today?s film. Good, tight storytelling. What is a good story composed of? IMO a good story knows where it?s going and has powerful, likeable characters to back it up. All the Indy films have this, many films today do not.

Indy grabs you up from your seat and places you right in the story. You feel so close to the good guys, and so against the bad. You find yourself mesmerized by the mystery of the ark or the power of the grail and so on.

There are so many other reasons. Strong art direction. Matte Paintings, (something I'm still totally for, no matter how long or tedious they are to create, I still like them more than a computer rendering.:)) Great action sequences, some of the best in film today IMO. None of that unbelievable and confusing Crouching Tiger or Matrix junk, just fists pounding into jaws, and amusing tricks that Indy uses to escape the baddies.

Of course what we are all most compelled by is Indy himself. We are all so privileged to have Harrison Ford play this character. If it weren?t for his look, his reaction, his voice, and his GREAT one-liners (most conjured up in Harrison's mind alone) Indy wouldn't be so strong. He's a down to earth character. He is believable. He can be hurt, he can show sympathy and he can fight for what he believes in. I look up to him. :D

John Williams. What would Indy be without him?! Pretty boring. Music in film backs up a story as much as characters do, and John Williams has scored some of the most beautiful compositions for the Indy films. They're exciting, they're mysterious, they're triumphant, they're romantic, they're everything. Could we imagine the Desert Chase in Raider's without the AWESOME work of Williams?! Golly no!

Adventure- the key ingredient that makes Indy FUN FUN FUN! :D

I know I haven't mentioned everything I want to, but I know I've mentioned most of the key things that make Indy what it is. Fantastic. Nothing can beat a good story, good characters, strong acting, beautiful music and exciting adventure. I love the films so deeply.

Trev

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
yea, I'm sure you could get a lawsuite on me for doing something like that, basil. ;)

i figured we all loved indy for the same reasons, that's why I took the time to write most of them up.

Trev

Basil

Trev Solo said:
yea, I'm sure you could get a lawsuite on me for doing something like that, basil. ;)
Never Trev...I'd just blackmail you for all of your artwork!! J/K!!! :D :D :D