Newbie from Down Under

Sharlow

Hi All.

Decided in light of the new movie to check out the web for Indy sites, and this one is by far the best I've found.

I'm a 36 year old mother of one from the bottom of Australia, ex farmers wife, just moved into our nearest town in time to catch the new Indiana jones Movie at our local cinema. Went last week with my hubby and loved it so much that I'm going to go again tomorrow on my own, and probably again in the next week or so with my mum.

I've been an indi fan since the first movie came out when I was about 10 years old. My favourite of the 4 is Raiders, and my least fave is crusade. It used to be TOD but after a good perve at Harrisons lovely chest in it the other day, I've had a change of heart :D

True to my usual form I'm late to discover the other aspects of Indiana, ie the books etc so I've not read or collected any of these, so any tips on the best place to get them and the best ones to get would be gratefully accepted.

Anyway, enough about me, Hi all, and INDY Rulz:D :D

DocWhiskey

Hey there, Sharlow, and welcome to the one and only Raven. :whip:

It's good to have another long time Indyfan on the boards.

As you mentioned in your post, you're eager to learn more about Indy's history beyond the films and where to start. I'm sure a lot of fellow Raverners will give you certain book titles and what not, but I say you head to your nearest bookstore and pick up Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide. The title couldn't describe it any better. It gives you TONS of Indy history and tidbits and the book is beautiful. I highly recommend it, especially to an Indyfan.

Sharlow

Hi Doc and thanks for the Welcome

I would love to be able to go to my local book store but the chances of it actually having anything I might want are very slim. Looks like it will be the internet for me. Thanks for the tip tho. As soon as I get my credit card back
from my husband, I'll go shopping :D

Agent Crab

Yo, Sharlow! Welcome here! It's great to meet Indy fans from all over the place, y'know. Do you like to collect Indy merchandise also? Hope you have fun here.

Sharlow

hey starman. thanks for the welcome. Enjoying the board immensely already.

I'm sure given the opportunities you guys in the states have to collect Indy stuff, that I would become a collector, but given my location and the cost of postage these days,I think I'll just have to limit myself to the books.

Might have to sell off a few vampire series to fund the new obsession, otherwise my husband might divorce me ;) ;)

Agent Crab

Sharlow said:
hey starman. thanks for the welcome. Enjoying the board immensely already.

I'm sure given the opportunities you guys in the states have to collect Indy stuff, that I would become a collector, but given my location and the cost of postage these days,I think I'll just have to limit myself to the books.

Might have to sell off a few vampire series to fund the new obsession, otherwise my husband might divorce me ;) ;)

I know how that feels. I recently sold some old stuff I didn't need or want for somethin' alot better.

Sharlow

Violet Indy said:
From one side of Australia to another,

Welcome to the Raven, Sharlow! :hat:

Hi Violet Indy, and thanks for the welcome. Just about couldn't get much further apart and still be in the same country. I'm trying to talk my hubby into moving to QLD, so much warmer than where I am right now:)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Sharlow said:
Hi Violet Indy, and thanks for the welcome. Just about couldn't get much further apart and still be in the same country. I'm trying to talk my hubby into moving to QLD, so much warmer than where I am right now:)

Actually, it was really cold, wet and miserable over the weekend. I went on the train to Brisbane today and there was heaps of flooded areas. I haven't personally been over to Western Australia, probably should go there for a look see one day if I wasn't spending so much money on uni. :rolleyes: Never seem to get a break. Is the drought still bad over there or has there been some relief?

Sharlow

Violet Indy said:
Actually, it was really cold, wet and miserable over the weekend. I went on the train to Brisbane today and there was heaps of flooded areas. I haven't personally been over to Western Australia, probably should go there for a look see one day if I wasn't spending so much money on uni. :rolleyes: Never seem to get a break. Is the drought still bad over there or has there been some relief?

Just been cold and miserable here, and will only get colder.

Depends on where you are as to whether the drought has broken or not. Down here where we are it's not looking good. So glad we retired from farming last year. I don't think I could handle the stress anymore.

Poor old Brisbane, isn't that the 2nd time this year it's been flooded out? I've got friends to the north of Brisbane, place called Budrim, so I wouldn't mind getting over there one day and checking it out.

You ever want to visit WA and just kick back on some gorgeous beaches then come down here during summer, we've got the prettiest beaches in Australia

Joel

Sharlow said:
Hi All.

Decided in light of the new movie to check out the web for Indy sites, and this one is by far the best I've found.

I'm a 36 year old mother of one from the bottom of Australia, ex farmers wife, just moved into our nearest town in time to catch the new Indiana jones Movie at our local cinema. Went last week with my hubby and loved it so much that I'm going to go again tomorrow on my own, and probably again in the next week or so with my mum.

I've been an indi fan since the first movie came out when I was about 10 years old. My favourite of the 4 is Raiders, and my least fave is crusade. It used to be TOD but after a good perve at Harrisons lovely chest in it the other day, I've had a change of heart :D

True to my usual form I'm late to discover the other aspects of Indiana, ie the books etc so I've not read or collected any of these, so any tips on the best place to get them and the best ones to get would be gratefully accepted.

Anyway, enough about me, Hi all, and INDY Rulz:D :D

Welcome, a Melbournian here! :)

Sharlow

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, this place is far more entertaining than the other messageboard I'm a member off. Much less *****ing and backstabbing.:) :)

jtobin13

Sydney

Welcome Sharlow......been here since August

Went to touwnsville for me and my twins birthday in 2003.jt

jtobin13

Sydney

Welcome Sharlow..this is a great Indy site......been here since August

Went to touwnsville for me and my twins birthday in 2003.jt

Sharlow

I think this site's biggest attraction is the varied topics that get discussed on here. that and the wonderful range of viewpoints that no one seems too scared to post, and the complete lack of morons who live only to quote to board rules to anyone who might breathe the wrong note about their idol.

Yeah, you guessed it, I'm a paying member of a board like that, and having found this one, which is so much more interesting, I'm feeling just a little bit ripped off:gun: