What is The Raven Adventures?

00Kevin

Indyfan
The Raven adventurers is a Role Playing Game

Everyone plays as either themself (IE, I am 00Kevin, personality is similar to me, but I make him an MI6 agent (like james bond)

or you can make up a character with a new name, new personality, completely origonal

the Idea is that we are spies, assassins, drunks, adventuers and so on who meet at 'the raven bar' in 1930's Nepal (like the one in raiders)

we sometimes hang out at the bar, we sometimes go on adventuers around the world

most people jump right in, but it's usually that they jump in at the raven

tell me the nationality/occupation etc of your character and I'll tell you a good way to jump in

Strider

I am an american freelance filmmaker. I travel the world taking videos of nature etc to give to programs like the discovery channel.

00Kevin

Indyfan
hmmm, not sure how we could fit you in

right now we haev just flown to London, do you think you could figure out a way to squeeze into that? if not, you could wait until tuesday. On tuesday I will leave on vacation and a new adventure will be made. you can probubly fit in there easier

Strider

How does the Raven Adventures work, does everybody keep adding onto the story or is their one main person?

00Kevin

Indyfan
everyone adds to it, it's kinda like the thing that they do around campfires

that 1 person makes up part of a story and the next person picks up and continues it

except it's no order, you post whenever you want

Strider

I'm looking forward to participating, sounds fun! I'll take some time and read the one your working on now.

00Kevin

Indyfan
yeah, I was about to suggest that

the one we are on now is the only one of this forum

the first year of adventurers (oct. 2001-aug. 2002) were deleted in august of 2002 when we decided that we would have them now set in the 30's

the next half year or so were lost the following february when the adventure table was deleted

but this new adventure has been one of my favorites

00Kevin

Indyfan
it's not that strict of a schedule

the only reason that I know for sure that a new one is starting on tuesday is because this current adventure highly involves me and a major part of the ending is writing myself out to explain for my upcoming 2 month absense form the adventures. many adventuers last longer then a week, while some are only a day long

Finn

Staff member
Now, there are actually two adventures in works currently. (They started as one, but kinda divided into two different ones that don't have much to do with each other.) You're already participating in one, Strider, but you can check the other one out too for little more fun and an insight of that how the drill works at its best. ;)

Strider

Yeah I noticed the "meanwhile" type thing going on. Maybe we can link the storys together at the end somehow.

Finn

Staff member
Does not seem probable at this very moment, however. The places they're taking place are far and few between.