Goonies II

Eric Solo

What ever happened to Goonies II? Where can we write to Dick Donner and beg him to make it happen? Those "kids" need some employment for pete's sake!

Vendetta08

This is ok it's wikipedia page:

A film sequel was in the works, something long desired by fans. Donner said that he had a story he liked and Spielberg behind him, but in 2004 several of the actors from the original revealed that Warner Brothers, the copyright holder, had not shown interest in a sequel. Richard Donner has expressed doubt that the sequel will ever happen. However, Entertainment Weekly reported in March 2007 that a musical adaptation of the film is being discussed. "Steven and I have discussed it, and it's something that I'm fairly passionate about right now," Donner says.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20016233,00.html

Eric Solo

I had seen that Donner quote about a musical adaptation, but SURELY.....SURELY that was said in jest. Having listened to some of his feature length commentaries, it would seem to fit his sense of humor.

Vendetta08

Yeah, I suppose so. I personally don't see why the hell he'd agree to doing a Goonies Musical but not a normal Goonies film.

Eric Solo

Al, are you into film making at all? I noticed you are in Georgia. Maybe you'd like to participate in my fan film shoot on June 22-23?

Eric

Vendetta08

Eric Solo said:
Al, are you into film making at all? I noticed you are in Georgia. Maybe you'd like to participate in my fan film shoot on June 22-23?

Eric

Sorry. Wish I could help but I don't know much about the filmmaking process, I just enjoy the outcomes.

:whip:

whipple

I don't really need to see G2 getting made. Great movie but I just don't think it ever warranted a sequel.

Eric Solo

Did you ever see or read Stephen King's IT? it's about a group of adults who used to hang out together as kids and then many years later get dragged back into an adventure together. I think Goonies 2 would work really well with a similar concept. Heck, maybe SK could write the thing.

whipple

Eric Solo said:
Did you ever see or read Stephen King's IT? it's about a group of adults who used to hang out together as kids and then many years later get dragged back into an adventure together. I think Goonies 2 would work really well with a similar concept. Heck, maybe SK could write the thing.

I've got it! Chester Copperpot returns from the grave garbed in spooky clown attire. The McGuffin MUST be the "slick shoes". What happens next?...

Vendetta08

Eric Solo said:

Wasn't that a horror movie about evil clowns?

Johan

The movie was fine to stand alone...now leave it and let it be it. No need to create a sequel to every successful movie/tv show in history. If anything just have a reuninion and stick in on a DVD. The current DVD is crappy anyway: I HATE those Cardboard click cases!:mad:

Eric Solo

People want to see sequels. that's why all the big blockbusters this summer are sequels. this movie's gettin made if I have to make it myself. yee haw.

berelain19

Eric Solo said:

Damn,how can you compare the two???
I'm a huge Stephen King fan,but the movie It sucked,man! The guy just can't make good screenplays!
Read the book!That'll give ya a great time!

Goonies is one of my fave movies(not the best but as an 11 year old it's awsome!) but a sequal is out of the question! This is a solo-movie!(and I don't mean han solo)

berelain19

Haha! Yeah,Corey Feldman would do it,I guess! But Sean wouldn't,amd neither would Que and the guy that played Chunk...

A better idea would be to bring out a really great DVD version with lots and lots of extra's!
And the soundtrack by Dave Grusin. Unfindable,that one!

The Man

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37853

'...Clint over at Movie Hole says multiple sources (one inside of Warners confirming "a very, very good source") are saying that writers have been attached to a GOONNIES theatrical follow-up & that the project seems to be "inching" forward.

This isn't being characterized as a cheap knock-off a la LOST BOYS 2: THE TRIBE. This is a large scale theatrical release that's going to give the property "the respect it deserves".'