Goonies II

Ska

I don't think I've watched any movie more than The Goonies...I'd love to see a sequel!

Wasn't their a Goonies II videogame for the NES? What was the plot of it?

fixer79

I sure hope them rumors turn out to be true.

I wonder if the premise they have in mind still has the old Goonies rescuing their Goonie kids, a rumor going around years ago...

Belloq

Goonies 1 was about youth and adventure

While now they're all old. and isn't the actor who played chubbs now skinny? No fun in a skinny chubbs.

However, I would like if they played with the idea of a new cast of children in a new neighborhood filled with adventure in a Goonies 2. Any thoughts?

Z

Nurhachi1991

We needed another Goonies movie in the 80s not now............ The first one was great lets leave it at that.

IndysGal41

i heard about part 2 awhile back, i dont know if its worth it.

its like making a "the breakfast club" part 2

:p

Nurhachi1991

IndysGal41 said:
i heard about part 2 awhile back, i dont know if its worth it.

its like making a "the breakfast club" part 2

:p

I could see it now there all in their 50's in the break room at work

John Bender: You know what my old man got me for my birthday? A tie....... (crying)

Andrew Clark: Sounds like your old man and my old man should get together and play Wii bowling...............

RocketSledFight

I say remake/sequel-ize every single beloved franchise within the next 6 years, and get it all out of the way. The haters can hate, the lovers can love, and maybe a few of them will even turn out great.

deckard24

Oh come on let The Goonies be, we don't need yet another remake of an 80's movie that was well done the first time!! Next thing they'll be remaking The Princess Bride, The Breakfast Club, Ghostbusters, and The Karate Kid!(n)

TheMutt92

deckard24 said:
Oh come on let The Goonies be, we don't need yet another remake of an 80's movie that was well done the first time!! Next thing they'll be remaking The Princess Bride, The Breakfast Club, Ghostbusters, and The Karate Kid!(n)

Weren't they gonna remake Karate Kid w/ Will Smith's son? I can vaguely remember something along those lines.

yodazone

The Goonies II video game from back in the day was awesome.

And it included the Fratellis!

I'd rather see a Gremlins 3 or an Innerspace 2 movie instead though.

They are talking forever on a Goonies 2. A direct to dvd movie would stink!

:whip:

Nurhachi1991

yodazone said:
The Goonies II video gai feme from back in the day was awesome.

And it included the Fratellis!

I'd rather see a Gremlins 3 or an Innerspace 2 movie instead though.

They are talking forever on a Goonies 2. A direct to dvd movie would stink!

:whip:

Innerspace2........................................ I fell asleep during part 1

I want another 3 Amigos though

dire51

SKAbatula said:
Wasn't their a Goonies II videogame for the NES? What was the plot of it?
There was, and the plot was... um... interesting.

The Fratellis break out of jail and for revenge, kidnap all of the Goonies but Mikey, then tell him he has to come to their hideout if he wants to save them. They've also kidnapped Annie the Mermaid. I am not making this up.

So you play Mikey, and you have to travel through the Fratellis' labyrinthine hideout (a map is required, because you will get lost if you don't have one), which apparently contains portals to other universes. You encounter such characters en route such as Old Man ("Welcome here! This is a warp zone!"), Old Woman, Fish Man and Konami Man (Konami's mascot who appeared in numerous games, usually as a cameo). Mama, Jake and Francis are joined by their cousin Pip-Squeak Fratelli. Sloth is completely absent from the game. Once you've tracked down and rescued all of the Goonies, you have to find Annie and free her. HURRAY FOR KONAMI AND THE GOONIES!

Despite having a ridiculous plot involving mermaid kidnapping, it's a hell of fun game. It's got a very Metroid feel to it. I recommend it if you're a Goonies fan in the slightest, and are into NES games.

The Man

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE1cH544BksC39

It seems that a classic 80s film will no longer be sequelized. According to a tiny blurb at the bottom of a Variety story, The Goonies 2 is officially dead, according to The Goonies director Richard Donner.

"We tried really hard, and Steven (Spielberg) said, 'Let's do it.' We had a lot of young writers submit work, but it just didn't seem to call for it," Donner said.

Donner did hint at another way this franchise might be revived. "I'm in the process of trying to get it done as a musical on Broadway. Wouldn't that be great?"

Goonie

Hey you guuyyyysssssss..........

Goonies II may be happening afterall!

GooniesCastReunited.jpg

There is a special article featuring the cast of The Goonies in the new issue of Empire magazine coming out soon. Here's a little bit about it:
http://www.moviehole.net/200918696-theregoonies-reunion

Also, Corey Feldman mentions some stuff in his Blog today:
http://coreyfeldman.wordpress.com/2009/04/22/big-news-goonies-reunion-is-a-reality/

Apparently, there is supposed to be some announcement in the aforementioned issue of Empire magazine! Right on! Something must be brewing if even Spielberg is in the pic. I just hope he doesn't put Chunk into a lead-lined fridge full of ice cream.;)

Goonies never say die!(y) (y)