Spider-Man 4

Stevens25

Venom is my all time favorite(and Spidey's greatest foe,imo)and I find the whole saga of the symbiote/Brock and black suit Spidey very fascinating and a wonderfully dark and tragic kinda story. Venom/Brock was REALLY misused in Spidey 3,but I think his character got screwed over so much that I don't think we'll see him again untill the series gets rebooted.:( If anything he completes the unholy 3 of Spidey's greatest villains(Doc Ock,Green Goblin and Venom). He deserved a much better story and a much better fate then he got in Spidey 3.

The Man

Agent Z said:
Makes ZERO sense. Spider-Man is a proven draw already. Why this need to always secure a release date before everything else? Don't they see how half-assed the rushed Spider-Man 3 turned out?! (n)

Apparently not. Is the script even finished? I started this thread about three weeks back with Raimi stating that a screenplay is months off yet.

sandiegojones

Agent Z said:
Makes ZERO sense. Spider-Man is a proven draw already. Why this need to always secure a release date before everything else? Don't they see how half-assed the rushed Spider-Man 3 turned out?! (n)
They did it with Spider-Man 2 and it worked, but apparently they had worked on a Dr. Ock story for SM1. For #3 they had to pick a villain and then were forced to use a second (Venom) which is what screwed up the plot.

All of the rushed Marvel films are sub-par - Daredevil, X-Men 3, Fantastic Four.

I just hope they get rid of Kirsten Dunst.

mutt willams

The Man said:
What other villians are yet to be used?

carnage, becuase what about the symbonite Dr. conners still has, and the lizard, because dr. connors lost his arm and trys to grow it back by using somekind of lizard technology! and it grows his arm back but makes him a giant evil lizard. (y)

sandiegojones

mutt willams said:
carnage, becuase what about the symbonite Dr. conners still has, and the lizard, because dr. connors lost his arm and trys to grow it back by using somekind of lizard technology! and it grows his arm back but makes him a giant evil lizard. (y)
Carnage should never be used. Venom never should have either!

Some villians just don't work well on screen. Sandman could have been really cool if they had devoted more screen time to him.

I was never a Green Goblin fan. Dr. Ock is the best and translated that way on film. The Lizard would work, so would Mysterio maybe Shocker or Electro.

MaxPhactor23

Personally I hate Carnage. I absolutely loathe him. The Lizard is a given. Why would you put Carnage in the same film? Why not make villains that actually mesh? Personally I say Kraven the Hunter. Have rumors of a giant Lizard man in New York. This brings Kraven the Hunter to come and hunt him. Kraven stumbles upon Spider-Man battling the Lizard. Spider-Man defeats him and thusly Spider-Man is now the top hunt. Kraven now tracks Spider-Man.

Last edited:

mutt willams

MaxPhactor23 said:
Personally I hate Carnage. I absolutely loathe him. The Lizard is a given. Why would you put Carnage in the same film? Why not make villains that actually mesh? Personally I say Kraven the Hunter. Have rumors of a giant Lizard man in New York. This brings Kraven the Hunter to come and hunt him. Kraven stumbles upon Spider-Man battling the Lizard. Spider-Man defeats him and thusly Spider-Man is now the top hunt. Kraven not tracks Spider-Man.

whats wrong with carnage?

TheMutt92

MaxPhactor23 said:
Personally I hate Carnage. I absolutely loathe him. The Lizard is a given. Why would you put Carnage in the same film? Why not make villains that actually mesh? Personally I say Kraven the Hunter. Have rumors of a giant Lizard man in New York. This brings Kraven the Hunter to come and hunt him. Kraven stumbles upon Spider-Man battling the Lizard. Spider-Man defeats him and thusly Spider-Man is now the top hunt. Kraven now tracks Spider-Man.

I like that. I couldn't think of a way that Kraven could logically fit into SM 4 till now.

The Man

He's back! Er, back-to-back?!

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.c...-raimi-studio-may-shoot-4-and-5-at-same-time/

Sony doesn't want any info to leak but I'm told that both star Tobey Maguire and director Sam Raimi will be returning to make Zodiac screenwriter Jamie Vanderbilt's script of Spider-Man 4.

I'm also told that, right now, the studio is trying to figure out if it can feasibly shoot Spider-Man 4 and 5 at the same time because doing that is so cost effective and "it wasn't so easy to get everybody back together".

RocketSledFight

For God's Sake, Raimi. You are the person who got me into film. Please leave Spiderman be and do something that will take your career in a better direction than Spidey 3.

glorbes

Spider-Man 3 effectively killed the franchise for me. Until Iron Man and Dark Knight came out this year, part 2 was the comic book movie benchmark...then three killed the buzz in a spectacular fashion. I'd like to see Raimi move on to something else because I do like him as a director...just no more Spider-Man.

TheMutt92

glorbes said:
Spider-Man 3 effectively killed the franchise for me. Until Iron Man and Dark Knight came out this year, part 2 was the comic book movie benchmark...then three killed the buzz in a spectacular fashion. I'd like to see Raimi move on to something else because I do like him as a director...just no more Spider-Man.

He is a good director. But I think the main problem was the script and the fact that it was 'personal' and wasted Venom. Since he's not in control of the script I really don't care. And if Spidey 4 (and 5) are good, I'll be willing to forgive 3's faults (except Venom :mad: )

TheMutt92

Just read something which stated that the inclusion of Venom in Spidey 3 was all Avi Arad's (the producer's) idea. So, I don't blame Raimi as much (despite the fact that we still have an only good movie(n) )

The Man

Where does Kirsten Dunst stand in all this? The Mary Jane story arc is tired. Just tired...

TheMutt92

The Man said:
Where does Kirsten Dunst stand in all this? The Mary Jane story arc is tired. Just tired...

Spidey 1 should've featured Gwen Stacy, w/ Mary Jane just the girl-next-door, then had either at the end or beginning of Spidey 2 Peter notices her. Maybe it wouldn't be so tired then...

The Man

TheMutt92 said:
Spidey 1 should've featured Gwen Stacy, w/ Mary Jane just the girl-next-door, then had either at the end or beginning of Spidey 2 Peter notices her. Maybe it wouldn't be so tired then...

To have her in peril at climax of not one, not two, but three movies is lazy.*

*To be honest, Dunst doesn't float my boat anyway...

Crusade>Raiders

I love Sam Raimi. He made a few great movies.

I like James Vanderbilt. The Rundown was better than I could ever hope for, and Zodiac was the biggest Oscar snub in awhile IMO.

I like Tobey McGuire. He's a good actor, and a decent Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

But I really wish Marvel would move on to something else. Give the Spidey series a rest for a few years.

That said, 2010 is shaping up to be a monster, which should make up for 2009's lackluster combo of G.I. Joe and Transformers 2.