Spider-Man 4

TheMutt92

The Man said:
To have her in peril at climax of not one, not two, but three movies is lazy.
Yeah, it was suppose to be Gwen at the end of Spidey 3, but I guess it made more sense for MJ (the most logical exclusion of her distress would probably be the end of Spidey 2).

|ZiR|

I just want more delicious Gwen Stacy.

Bryce1.jpg

TheMutt92

Kirsten Dunst "in" for Spider-Man 4
Source:MTV September 29, 2008

The recent revelation that Sony Pictures is looking to shoot Spider-Man 4 and Spider-Man 5 at the same time didn't reveal whether Kirsten Dunst would rejoin director Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire for the films.

Now, Dunst has told MTV that she'll be back as Mary Jane Watson:

"I'm in," said the actress matter of factly. However, when pressed to make the announcement official, Dunst quickly changed her tone, and rather cryptically added, "I'm not saying anything, I know there's rumors..."

The studio is targeting a May 2011 release for the fourth pic.

I'm kinda glad about this in a sense because we won't have a jarring continuity problem like Rachel in the Batman films.

TheMutt92

Although things weren?t looking too good for awhile, ?Spider-Man? has overcome adversities tougher than a Green Goblin-Doc Ock team-up, and now once again has Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi in his corner. But what about Kirsten Dunst?

?Kirsten, I?d love to work with her again,? Raimi explained to us this week, making it sound as if current plans to include Dunst for ?Spider-Man 4? and ?Spider-Man 5? are still up in the air, despite recent statements that she wants to remain with the franchise. ?I hope she?ll be written into it. I couldn?t imagine making one without her, and I think she?s an important part of the movies.?

Nevertheless, Raimi admitted that the very nature of an episodic series requires that characters come and go. ?I wish I could work with James Franco again,? said the man who directed the first three hit movies. ?But his character died in the last one; same with Uncle Ben. Fortunately, we?ve been able to bring back all the dead characters [like Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn or Cliff Robertson as Ben Parker]. I can?t let them go, in each and every picture; but it gets harder and harder.?

Now things are about to get hard yet again for Raimi, as he?s making plans to continue the cinematic tale of Peter Parker. ?I?m really excited about Spider-Man, and I?m hoping to direct it,? he cautioned. ?I don?t have a script yet, but production would start probably by March of 2010, I?m guessing. It sounds like a long time away, but we need a script first, and a lot of pre-production has to take place.?

The filmmaking legend also revealed to us that there is a lot of truth behind rumors that he might shoot the next two ?Spider-Man? films at the same time. ?That had been talked about,? he said, deferring to the head of his studio. ?It?s Amy Pascal?s decision. I don?t think it has been decided yet, and she?s the one that?s really going to make that decision; I?m really curious myself.?

By his own admission, ?Spider-Man 3? was an exhaustive film to shoot, but Raimi is confident he can handle the double duty. ?It would be a real endurance test, probably only Peter Jackson knows how hard something like that would be,? he marveled, hinting that ?4? and ?5? would be very closely linked in storyline. ?If Tobey and me, and all the producers, like the story for two pictures and Amy wanted to do it, then we would do it. It just hasn?t been written yet.?

Finally, Raimi offered comment on the wishes of fans (and yours truly) to finally let Dylan Baker?s storyline come to fruition. ?He?s a great actor, and I think one day The Lizard?s story will be told,? he teased, referring to Baker?s Curt Connors character. ?I don?t know if it will be this one or not. I just don?t know. I?m definitely hoping to work with Dylan in the picture. I just don?t know who the villain is yet.?

Hmmm... this mystery script (or scripts?) intrigues me...

The Man

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23551

Whoever said comic-book movies were for kids clearly doesn't know Jack - or, for that matter, Peter. Because a new writer is in final negotiations to work on Spider-Man 4, and he's Pulitzer winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire.

That isn't to say that Lindsay-Abaire hasn't worked on movies before or that he doesn't have a sense of fun - he wrote the movie adaptation of the upcoming kids' fantasy Inkheart, and is currently working on the book and lyrics for the Broadway incarnation of Shrek. He's also adapting his Pulitzer winner Rabbit Hole for the screen, with Nicole Kidman lined up to star.

But this is an encouraging sign that Spider-Man 4 might focus more on character again than on squeezing in as many bad guys as possible and then shortchanging them, because Lindsay-Abaire's plays tend to focus on "outsiders in search of clarity", which is a description of Spidey alter-ego Peter Parker if ever we heard one.

Lance Quazar

The Man said:

And thus the curtain is pulled back and Hollywood's machinery is exposed -

movie making by release date, not by story.

Sigh.

Loved SM1 & 2. Three was an absolute catastrophe. I'd love to see this franchise shelved.

The concept of an Avengers movie remains dubious, particularly if it includes Thor.

Shortie

IMO, they should have Dunst re-cast & have Spidey tell jokes when he's fighting the villain. They started it in Spidey 3 (I'm the only sherrif in this town, or something like that).

It sucks that Spidey pushed Captain America out of it's first date. I have no idea why Marvel isn't releasing that on July 4th. Whatever, I have a feeling they'll move the dates around again & Cap will end in the July 4th spot where it should of been all along.

The Magic Rat

Shortie said:
IMO, they should have Dunst re-cast & have Spidey tell jokes when he's fighting the villain. They started it in Spidey 3 (I'm the only sherrif in this town, or something like that).

It sucks that Spidey pushed Captain America out of it's first date. I have no idea why Marvel isn't releasing that on July 4th. Whatever, I have a feeling they'll move the dates around again & Cap will end in the July 4th spot where it should of been all along.

Yeah, you'd think so.

A2Steve

they could always have MJ's storyline be about her battling for Peter against the Black Cat.... now that is one cat fight I want to see!

the question, who is the Black Cat? my nomnation, Eliza Dushku... seems born to wear skingtight black outfits. :cool:

The Man

Sam 4 Kirsten 4 Spidey 4...

?I can?t imagine making a ?Spider-Man? movie without Kirsten,? he said, seemingly contemplating the idea in his head with a long pause. ?Of course it can be done because Spider Man has existed without the character of Mary-Jane but she?s one of my favorite parts and it would be a shame not to have her in the picture. I?m hoping she?ll be in it and I?m planning on having a story with her in it.?

The Man

Sam: "I'm The Man!"

?They really gave me a tremendous amount of control on the first two films, actually,? Raimi told British magazine Empire. ?But then there were different opinions on the third film and I didn?t really have creative control, so to speak.?

?The best way for me to move forward on films,? Raimi continued, ?is that I?ve got to be the singular voice that makes the creative choices on the film.?

And The Script..?*

"Right now, David Lindsay-Abaire is working on a draft of the new picture," Raimi said. "And he's hard at work, and hopefully we'll see something in about three months."

*If the link gives any trouble, just keep refreshing the page...

indyclone25

wells it's nice to see that sam raimi will be in control of spidey 4 --- the first two were so well made ---not saying that spidey 3 was the worst movie i have ever seen --- but when they start throwing more and more villians it starts to be to much.