Blade Runner 2049

Montana Smith

Gekkos Big Baws said:
Harrison Ford is in current discussion with Ridley Scott regarding a sequel to the '82 sci-fi yarn that is considered, by most, as Fords finest hour...

(y)

Spurlock said:
So I assume you didn't see Prometheus?

Prometheus was good so no worries there.

Spurlock said:
That being said, I wish Ford was doing IJ5 instead of Bladerunner 2. But good to see he's still wants to act in roles like this.

BR b4 IJ.

The only problem is, if Deckard had a four year lifespan, he didn't age as well as the other Nexus-6.

Unless he was an older model without an expiry date, but with a natural ageing process.

Forbidden Eye

Montana Smith said:
The only problem is, if Deckard had a four year lifespan, he didn't age as well as the other Nexus-6.

Unless he was an older model without an expiry date, but with a natural ageing process.

...or of course Deckard isn't a replicant.

Perhaps Rachael is to outlive Deckard? As she is, after all, an advanced Nexus series. Knowing that time is robbing her of him she must crack the code of the key to immortality on the back of Tyrell's findings. Thus learning how futile man's pursuit for permanence truly is.

There is also the possibility that assuming she functions on the same biological level she could procreate. Imagine that replicants replicating?

Ooh the speculation. Well pepper me in glee today.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The tricky part will be pairing him with Sigourney Weaver. Promehteus 2 will explain everything.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Ridley Scott:
?We talked at length about what it could be, and came up with a pretty strong three-act storyline, and it all makes sense in terms of how it relates to the first one. Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it?s about finding him; he comes in in the third act.? Per Scott, that Alcon Entertainment production should go before the cameras within the next year, but with someone else directing (he?ll produce).

Z dweller

Wow... It's not like Harry to use big superlatives about scripts like that.

If this is true, it's time to get excited about BR2 !

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Z dweller said:
Wow... It's not like Harry to use big superlatives about scripts like that.
Even if it is not his habit, it's still a huge error in logic to assume - without better knowledge - that he has the same literary tastes as you. Could be he does, could be he doesn't.

Next in news: Ford states that the back of a cereal box that promises a propeller cap for anyone collecting twenty lids is the second best thing he ever read.

Z dweller

Finn said:
Even if it is not his habit, it's still a huge error in logic to assume - without better knowledge - that he has the same literary tastes as you. Could be he does, could be he doesn't.

Next in news: Ford states that the back of a cereal box that promises a propeller cap for anyone collecting twenty lids is the second best thing he ever read.
While Ford is probably not as scholarly as Indy, I am inclined to believe his literary tastes may well be broader than the back of a cereal box. :whip:

Z dweller

Great news!

While I have no desire to see Harry play Indy again at his age, I can easily picture him as an elderly, cynical, unrepentant Deckard, maybe now living in hiding in the off-world colonies amongst replicants.*

*or maybe I should say "amongst other replicants"? Will Ridley lift the veil of doubt this time?

Montana Smith

You know you're getting old when the Replicants aren't as young as they used to be.

252BF9D000000578-0-image-a-32_1422555704208.jpg

Z dweller

Montana Smith said:
You know you're getting old when the Replicants aren't as young as they used to be.
What the heck, let's have HIM back!

article-0-196CECA400000578-212_306x586.jpg

"They made two of me, Deckard. You got rid of one, but not the other..." ;)